Movies 1-3, Redubbed??

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
minigt
Eiyuu - Hero

Movies 1-3, Redubbed??

Post by minigt »

I have read somewhere (I may be losing it), that the first three DBZ Movies have been redubbed. Does anyone know if this is the case.

Z - Store aren't answering my emails, so I presume they don't know.

Link to box set...

http://www.zstore.com/Detail.bok?no=3773

Thank you
Are you ready now....to witness a power not seen for thousands of years!
http://genkidama.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
ljupco
Kamisama - God

Post by ljupco »

Yeah thats no joke its for real all 3 of the first movies redubbed in one box for one low price :wink: .
dave1999artwork
I am being punished for being stupid

Post by dave1999artwork »

I watched Movie 6 three years ago on download, but it was in Italian. Wasn;t bothered though cos I just wanted to see the animation.

The series should never have been dubbed as it was, and the background music should have remained the same. The origional cha-la-head-cha-la opening song could have made it onto the dub if only they had added the instrumental version w/out the Japanese vocals. Western voice actors have no idea how to voice characters either- the Japanese cast do it with care and passion, whereas the funimation voice acting is retarded, and cheap. They were under demand to release the episodes as soon as possible because of anime fanatics, and so had to make speedy translations. I remember reading a report on the dubbing of the Freeza saga- the W O M A N who provided the voice for Freeza, had a throat infection (which heavily impaired her vocals), but they still let her go ahead with voicing him anyways, and it really showed in the finished product. Shambolic!