Which series have you started but not finished??

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Perhaps. When? Interesting rationalization. How much did it cost?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Ahhh I'm infamous for starting animes and never finishing them!
LMAO!
:nuts :hitting: :hammer

I think the shorter list would be-
"what animes DID you st/ed Shampoo?"
:rollin :hitting: :crackup

I can tell ya which ones I started, disliked one reason or another,
and never looked back again :P
(alright, dont lynch me for the following :hurt:):

DBZ
Gundam Wing
Bleach
Fruits Basket
Gravitation
Witch Hunter Robin
Trinity Blood
Weiss Kruez
CCS

Ones I've started but will eventually finish:

Escaflowne
Saikano
Excel Saga
Rumic World
Kimagure Orange Road
Kenshin (yes there are some of us out there who havent seen it all :P)
Karin
Maho Tsukai
AMG
redwolf
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by redwolf »

Naruto really started dragging for me around episode 60 or so. So I quit.

Bleach filler was like self mutilation. I started skipping to the Shinigami Cup and then dropped it altogether.

I didn't see much in the first eight raw Inu Yasha episodes that convinced me it was worth the effort.

Ones I fully intend to continue, but somehow never get around to it: Honey & Clover II, Maria-sama ga Miteru, Wind ~a breath of heart~, Kakyuusei, Claymore, Nanoha StrikerS, School Rumble 2, Juuni Kokki, Ichigo Marshmallow, Victorian Romance Emma, Kirarin Revolution. Hajime no Ippo I stopped around episode 40 because I’m still waiting for Rightstuf to send me volume 14. I know I’m missing more titles…I suppose I ought to keep better track of these. I haven't watched any One Piece in a while either. I know I'm way behind on the movies.

In theory, I'd like to finish Negima!? but it might end up on the following list=>

Ones I will probably never finish: Shakugan no Shana, Tsukuyomi, Sensei no Ojikan, Basilisk, Gankutsuou, Dragon Ball, Kare Kano, Hunter x Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, Samurai 7, Yakitake! Japan, Monster (but I read the entire manga), Trinity Blood, Utawarerumono, Gungrave, Death Note and a whole crapload of shows I gave up (possibly too soon) at one or so episodes. Some of these, like Yu Yu Hakusho, Gungrave and Death Note, I kept meaning to give another chance, but eventually I didn’t really care anymore. I have too many other things I’d rather watch first, and the new seasons keep coming. Oh, I never saw the last few discs of Trigun either. Maybe I'll change my mind on a couple of these eventually, but not right now. I'm not watching very much these days.
Ronin wrote:Excel Saga - Bought the whole series, watched the first 5ish episodes, but couldn't continue...one day I imagine I'll finish it though.
I couldn't watch any more after the first or second episode. I like silly, but this is not my type of silly
Keropi wrote:I don't think I'll ever finish Utena
I swear the episode you stopped at is more depressing than the actual end.
=P But you keep on missing out, if that's what you want to do. ;)
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

LOTS! Not necessarily because I don't like them. Sometimes I get caught up in other things and forget to continue, or feel too lazy :P

Hime-chan no Ribbon - 6 or so years, and I still haven't finished xD

Akazukin Cha Cha - Same as above!

Snow Fairy Sugar - Started watching last summer, stopped, still have the last two or so discs to go!

Excel Saga - I saw the first couple of episodes thanks to a friend, but the jokes got old FAST and I never found a desire to buy the DVDs and finish it.

Wedding Peach - Made it to episode 20 or so. Couldn't continue. HATED it.

Ranma 1/2

Princess Tutu - Stopped around episode 20 in it's fansub days. I still have to buy volumes 3 and up, but I hear it's out of print now :l
redwolf
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by redwolf »

sugarcels wrote:Hime-chan no Ribbon - 6 or so years, and I still haven't finished xD
Do you know how many episodes this is? I'm pretty sure I never finished this either.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I usually finish a series after I start it. Hmmm. I haven't finished Death Note yet, though I kind of have plans to. The manga kind of died for me about half way through (I'm sure you know what I mean) and I've found it hard to finish the series.

Another one I put down was Wallflower (or whatever the Japanese name is). I was really downloading it more for a friend, and then I deleted it to make room for the stuff I wanted to watch. :sweatdrop
redwolf wrote:Yakitake! Japan
Don't bother. After the first story arc or two, it goes waaaay downhill. The international competition was barely worthwhile, and the arc that came after it was awful beyond description--even if it did have Koyasu Takehito (Kuroyanagi) playing a Loquat in a Lord of the Rings spoof. 8O X| :D

I'm actually pleasently surprised that so many people have One Piece listed in their "to continue" pile. That's actually the only on-going series that I'm caught up on right now--I'm eagerly awaiting the Vegapunk translation of 318, even though it's a filler. Heck, it's Zoro filler, so it'll be fun. Then again, it's Zoro babysitting filler, so it has the potential for too much fangirl squeeing moments, which just will make me sick. :P
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

I really need to see One Piece!!
Shampoo wrote: Ones I've started but will eventually finish:
Escaflowne
Saikano
Excel Saga
Rumic World
Kimagure Orange Road
Kenshin (yes there are some of us out there who havent seen it all :P)
Karin
Maho Tsukai
AMG
And your 'to finish' list is most shocking to me!! :P
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

redwolf wrote:
sugarcels wrote:Hime-chan no Ribbon - 6 or so years, and I still haven't finished xD
Do you know how many episodes this is? I'm pretty sure I never finished this either.
Around 60, I believe. It's been about 2 years since I last watched it, so I think I'd have to start all over, because I have no idea where I stopped X| And I love this show, so I can't understand why I'm being so slow about it. Maybe I'm afraid I won't like the ending or something.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

My anime time has been sidetracked by games and movie rentals. :roll:

Death Note
Higurashi
Kashimashi
Magic Earth Rayearth
Naruto - I quit on the fillers
Naruto Shippuuden
One Piece - Made it to ep 60, not sure if I'll finish
Super GALS
Tactics
Wallflower
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Do robots have anime time has been sidetracked by games and movie rentals?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Makki

Post by Makki »

Interesting question. I haven't finished these:

Mousou Dairinin a.k.a. Paranoia Agent
This show was a painful experience to watch. And I only survived it, because - half way through the series - I started distracting myself from the show and it's ever twisting, mind confusing and totally sick plot. I've never experienced such a thing before, but with every second I watched, my room appeared to be more and more dirty. I could virtually see the dust falling and had to do something about it. Believe me: chasing after dust balls can - at times - be a hell of a lot more fun than watching anime.

Also, this was the first and only anime to this date, that I've "watched" from below my bed.

Texhnolyze
I had heard about this one, before I even started watching. Unfortunately the show didn't meet my expectations. I wanted cyberpunk action and got boredom instead.

Kiba
Remember that fighting ballet dancer? That was too much.
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Great question Andy! There's almost too many to name, honestly.

But I recently finished Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi which was positively wretched. The first two seasons of the show were fabulous, despite the annoying harem comedy that plagued an otherwise touching storyline. Enishi, the 3rd season, was about a million times worse. It was completely unfocused and the final two episodes were all about Tina, one of several entirely unlikable and two-dimensional characters that hazed the romance between Karou and Aoi.

Tina is supposed to represent an American in the series, with long blonde hair and a gratingly loud personality. The constant Japanese-centric jingoism and expatriate obsessional undertones not-so-secretly implanted into her speeches made me sick:
"I don't like America ... It would have been nice to go to a Japanese high school because the uniforms are cute, it would have been fun to be like everyone else ... I was a blonde haired and blue eyed American so anyone could see I wasn't normal."
WTF? How is being a blonde haired blue eyed American NOT normal? I didn't like that kind of thing at all and it was said more than once. I'm not oblivious to the cultural as well as aesthetic differences between America and Japan, but to say "I was not normal" simply because she was an American with blonde hair? That's nothing short of offensive. The 3rd season of Aoshi was a complete waste of my time and I'm almost sorry I bothered finishing this anime. :roll:
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What don't you like about it?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

There are a few animes I started and refuse to finish. It doesn't happen often. I really like finishing what I started. It might take me a while but I'll get there. :wink:

Will not finish anime list:

- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- 12 Kingdoms
- Witch Hunter Robin
- Fist of the North Star

That's all I can think of right now. :^^: There are many others I've started and haven't finished but I'm currently working on. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Noriko010884
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Noriko010884 »

Weiss Kreuz - I'm on the third disc.
Card Captor Sakura (Uncut, subbed) - I'm on the fifth disc.
Saikano - I'm on the second disc.
Sorcerer Hunters - I've clean forgotten! haha. Half way through probably.