Myanimelist and Anime Planet

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Yes, Cloud, always. :wink: And let's see, my mom, my teachers, my grades, etc. :P :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I understand. I haven't heard anything like that before: duotrouble said I always.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I was looking at Hana Yori Dango's Doumyouji's MAL profile:
http://myanimelist.net/character/4681/Tsukasa_Domyoji

I noticed that at the end it says this:

"As Tsukasa first stared of being hard and tuth to get though as the riter Hana Yori Dango showned us though out the episodes and reading tha book that any one who or stared of being hard can also find there sothed stop for love and that is showned though Tsuksas Domyji."

Eh?!! What does that mean? ?^_^?
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Ummm . . . I'll take a stab at that one (and I probably wouldn't be able to translate this if I hadn't read the manga).

"Tsukasa first started off being hard and tough to get through to; as the writer of Hana Yori Dango showed us throughout the episodes and the book, anyone who starts off being hard can find their soft spot for love; this is shown through Tsukasa Domyoji."

Still some grammar issues, but I'm pretty sure that's what's meant. :emb
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Still how long? Some may grammar issues but I'm pretty sure that's what's meant, but not all.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

klet wrote:"Tsukasa first started off being hard and tough to get through to; as the writer of Hana Yori Dango showed us throughout the episodes and the book, anyone who starts off being hard can find their soft spot for love; this is shown through Tsukasa Domyoji."

Still some grammar issues, but I'm pretty sure that's what's meant. :emb
Ah...that's a lot more understandable. Thanks!

Did you have to mentally use Japanese equivalent words to be able to figure it out? Do a little mental gymnastics there? ?^_^?
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

You're welcome.
Keropi wrote: Did you have to mentally use Japanese equivalent words to be able to figure it out? Do a little mental gymnastics there? ?^_^?
Not really. I've just always been pretty good at understanding what people are trying to say. :) Still have to "interpret" things between my mom and dad. :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Here's the random stat for the day.

The highest average episode count from dropped shows from the Top Ten listed droppers at MAL:

1. 311 Drops - 1752 episodes = 5.63 eps per Dropped Show
2. 403 Drops - 2227 episodes = 5.53 eps per Dropped Show
3. 554 Drops - 2574 episodes = 4.65 eps per Dropped Show
4. 694 Drops - 3095 episodes = 4.46 eps per Dropped Show
5. 393 Drops - 1373 episodes = 3.49 eps per Dropped Show
6. 482 Drops - 1453 episodes = 3.01 eps per Dropped Show
7. 700 Drops - 1987 episodes = 2.84 eps per Dropped Show
8. 332 Drops -- 829 episodes = 2.50 eps per Dropped Show
9. 1092 Drops 2055 episodes =1.88 eps per Dropped Show

One member didn't list episode counts in their Drops so they couldn't be calculated. :shrug

I think it would be better to be higher up on that list because that would mean you have more time and patience to let the story develop a little more before dropping it. :)

But then again...everyone has their own way of watching right? :shrug :dban

How the heck would I ever be able to average SIX episodes per Dropped show? I don't think I could bear watching shows that I didn't like for that long.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm going to have to save my MAL list as html every now and then. I noticed that some adult anime I previously input were no longer on my list when I went to input the dates I seen them. Many adult anime have similar storylines and are difficult for me to remember. If those entries get deleted it would take me forever to track down the dates down again because there is no way easy for me to look them up.

And I don't feel like rewatching them just to rerate them. :P
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Which ones?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Looks like MAL decided to combine Memories Magnetic Rose, Cannon Fodder and Stink Bomb into one entry. I tracked it down using my last html saved list.

So instead of giving separate ratings of 9,6 and 5 to the separate shorts, I'll have to give it a 7 for all of them mixed together. That doesn't seem right to me. X|

As Claudia Cardinale said in "Once Upon a Time in the West":

"One at a time or all together?" :roll:

Oh well, at least my previous dates of viewing each of them was saved from before. If I hadn't they would have been lost by entry changes.

EDIT Dec 8, 2009:

They've made changes to their database guidelines apparently:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=140439#msg6629024
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I installed this MAL Firefox script today (Jan 15, 2010):

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=108565&show=0

I was checking out some anime to see samples of the genders of MAL users who gave anime top scores and this is how it came out. It very roughly shows gender interest in anime in comparison to each other percentagewise:

ONE ~True Stories--------------------92% Male
White Album 2nd season------------90% Male
Macross: DYRL-------------------------88% Male
Cross Game----------------------------83% Male
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun------------83% Male
Fairy Tail--------------------------------82% Male
Kiddy Grade-and----------------------76% Male
Suika------------------------------------73% Male
Juuni Kokuki----------------------------69% Male
Kanon 2006----------------------------68%Male

Book of Bantorra----------------------52% Female
Aoi Bungaku---------------------------56% Female
Kimi ni Todoke-------------------------59% Female
Letter Bee------------------------------71% Female
Kobato----------------------------------74% Female

I tried doing Death Note, Escaflowne, Darker than Black and Asura Cryin among others, but the script is not working for me now. I might have overloaded the server or something. The older shows usually never worked when I tried it on them.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I noticed that Anime Planet has a new import feature:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/import_list.php

So I went and imported my anime and manga lists from Myanimelist to see how it would go.

It ended up uploading 69.76% of my MAL titles. The rest failed to upload. That's about how I figured it would go since my estimate was pegged at around two thirds.
keeper
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by keeper »

I signed up for MyAnimeList out of boredom, but now I love the website! I've been updating some of the information for various titles, characters, and seiyuu, which is great because I no longer have a domain or websites of my own to play with. I also run the Anri Katsu Fanclub and community for Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho.

Stop by and say hello sometime!
~ Heather :D
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

YAY! Another convert! 8)

I use it almost every day just to remember which episode I need to dl next. X| But once I have a complete season and start watching it, I usually mark it complete because I know eventually I'll finish it.

Are you keeper there too?
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!