Myanimelist and Anime Planet

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

darksuzaku wrote:http://myanimelist.net/profile/darksuzaku

that's mine Keropi ^_^
I see Juuni Kokki is on your top 5 favorite anime series 8)

Very good choice indeed... :wink:
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Happy Birthday to Mai Kawasumi who is twenty eight years old today.

Mai Kawasumi:
http://myanimelist.net/character/319/Mai_Kawasumi

I'm surprised they listed a birth year for her. Usually anime/manga/game characters don't have birth years given to them. :shrug
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Keropi wrote:
darksuzaku wrote:http://myanimelist.net/profile/darksuzaku

that's mine Keropi ^_^
Cool! Did you just finish or do you have more to add?

Hmm....I kind of thought that KOR would be in your favorite five. :D
well, can't consider it done yet but i guess i have already added most things. In fact i have had this thing since you started this thread but never decided to post the link :P

One thing that i would not add are hentai animes, not that i have anything against them. I do like them but they i don't want them mixed with the rest. ^^

Well, for KOR, what i like is only certain character ^^, i liked the series itself when i was younger, and i do like it now, but for sure there are much better series out there ^^
EternityOfPain wrote: I see Juuni Kokki is on your top 5 favorite anime series Cool

Very good choice indeed... Wink
Yep, it's a great series. I ussually prefer series that are based on novels than those based on mangas or original scripts. Their plot is ussually deeper and the characters get more work done on them ^^
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

darksuzaku wrote:well, can't consider it done yet but i guess i have already added most things. In fact i have had this thing since you started this thread but never decided to post the link :P
Ah...I see. It's been a long time in development.
One thing that i would not add are hentai animes, not that i have anything against them. I do like them but they i don't want them mixed with the rest. ^^
Makes sense. **wonders how many of those there are** ?^_^?
Well, for KOR, what i like is only certain character ^^, i liked the series itself when i was younger, and i do like it now, but for sure there are much better series out there ^^
I see. You still gave them 10s though. :D
lcatino
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by lcatino »

duotrouble wrote:lcatino, so what's your username over there? :wink:
oops. I forgot I didn't use the same username. :emb

I'm trying to get out of the habit of using my name on websites. ^^

Here's me:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Scarlet_Sky

~ Beauty is everywhere. You just have to open your eyes. ~
redwolf
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by redwolf »

Keropi wrote:Happy Birthday to Mai Kawasumi who is twenty eight years old today.

Mai Kawasumi:
http://myanimelist.net/character/319/Mai_Kawasumi
I wonder what a 28 year old Mai would look like. 8)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

redwolf wrote:I wonder what a 28 year old Mai would look like. 8)
I don't know. Someone should draw a doujin picture of her aged like they've done for other characters. :)

Does anyone know if Anime Planet has a highest stat total list like they have at MyAnimeList? I know Anime Planet is missing a lot of anime titles from their list, but I'm still curious as to what the highest supposed stats are over there.

Behold a newly created signature... 8O :D

I kind of prefer 120 pixel or shorter sigs though. It's slightly oversized.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Keropi wrote: Behold a newly created signature... 8O :D

I kind of prefer 120 pixel or shorter sigs though. It's slightly oversized.
My life spent on Anime
That signature is totally misleading.... Image You've spent way more than 6 days on anime... lol...
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

RoboFlonne wrote:You've spent way more than 6 days on anime... lol...
Yeah...six days isn't very much. :)

I like the "Won't Watch" category even if it's a somewhat useless category. At least it would let me know that I checked out the title and passed on it. I think a category like that works better with manga though. I'm much more likely to try to read the same thing over again compared to watching the same thing over again.

Today I noticed on MAL that during the last nine months and twenty six days I've watched 9.3% of all the anime I've ever seen. That sounds like more than it actually is.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I don't know about you guys but I've pretty much given up on anime-planet. I loved it when I first started keeping track but now. Well, I like the way MAL works much better. I feel more a part of the community over there than I ever did at anime-planet. Besides, MAL does have a bigger anime library currently. :wink:

It's sad but true. I use MAL mostly to keep track of what episode I need to dl next. :emb It's just an added bonus to compare notes with others about the anime. :sweatdrop
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, MAL has a lot more flexibility and options. MAL profiles have a lot more personality and individuality compared to Anime Planet's. Clicking "Forum Posts" in a user's profile show's the user's personality as well.

Anime Planet was having some cash flow problems back in November. I'm not sure how they're doing now, but they seem to adding options that were at MAL a long time ago.

I'm still curious as to how much "my life spent on anime" would come up to after being handicapped by all the hundreds of titles that aren't in their database. And nearly all adult anime aren't going to be in their database anyway.

I'm wondering if my Anime Planet list will even come up to two thirds of my MAL list. When I'm done I'll find out.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Myanimelist is having server difficulties for the second day in a row. X|

I'm getting backed up here. :hurt:

Not good. :sweatdrop

AnimePlanet is deleting old, abandoned accounts. I don't think it's worth updating over there knowing that my page could get erased if I don't login in enough.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Since I'm interested in statistics even when they have little meaning to them, I conducted an informal study of MAL and found that these numbers roughly correspond to the middle bar size on MAL as of June 18, 2009:

Shows Watching: ------- 26 to 27 average
Shows Completed: ----- 309 average
Shows on Hold: --------- 26 to 27 average
Shows Dropped: -------- 25 average
Plan to Watch: ---------- about 26 average (this number of difficult to tell because there are very few members with numbers in the 20-30 range)
Total Entries: ------------ 342 average
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

:rollin I'm below average on the first two and above average on all the rest. I always knew I wasn't average. :rollin
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Who told you? Really always?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)