Fate/stay night movie

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Fate/stay night movie

Post by Keropi »

Looks like they're doing a Fate/stay night "Unlimited Blade Works" storyline for the Fate/stay night movie:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -confirmed

That storyline was darker than the main storyline although it wasn't as dark as as Sakura's storyline. 8O

I'd love to see Sakura's storyline animated, but it would be troublesome because that storyline is so dark and ecchi-oriented. Poor Sakura. :bawl

The movie is supposed to come out January 23, 2010 and could end up being pretty cool. Yay!...more alternate gaming storyline endings. I wish I could see the other Harukanaru short character endings just for completions sake.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The Fate/stay night movie trailer was posted at Animenewsnetwork yesterday:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ler-posted

It looks pretty good. The artwork looks very high quality. /no1
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

I'm looking forward to seeing this when it becomes available ^_^
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The movie seems pretty good so far, but I've only seen the first 57 minutes of it. I keep getting interrupted.

The action and music is more intense compared to the TV series (that's a given). I recommend viewers watch the TV series before the "Fate/stay night Ultimate Blade Works" movie though. They rushed through the parts that overlapped with the timeline of the TV series so if you see the movie first you'll probably end up being confused. The movie assumes you already have some familiarity with the scenes that they rushed through (either through the game of the TV series).

I like the darkness of the Ultimate Blade Works storyline! :)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

gosh is there a subbed version out there? currently getting this raw file..can't wait to watch it tho.
Blaster
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Blaster »

This came out at a good time for me, I'm about half way through watching the TV series for the first time :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I don't think there's any English sub out for it yet. The movie's like an hour and 45 minutes long so it might be awhile before it gets done.

Yeah, I couldn't wait for it either so I watched it unsubbed. Rin had some nice scenes. Too bad Sakura wasn't in it for very long. :(

It looked like they did a good job matching up scenes from the game and turning them into animated movie scenes. I recall seeing those same scenes from the game CGs. Seeing them again was like deja vu. 8O

I wish they would animate the third story someday. But I'm sure it would a lot of dolphins in it. :D

Yes...it's good timing Blaster.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

ok subbed version is out...gonna try to watch it tonight, finally!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Boy...that was fast. They must have really rushed on that one. That's like subbing four TV episodes. Unless they pulled the subs from somewhere else of course.

Ah, the darkness compared to the TV storyline! I like it.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

it seems that it'll be a few more days until I can watch it...then I can find out if the sub is legit lol dark storyline sounds nice tho, never played the game so I'm extra excited to see what this story is like compare to tv series.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Yaahhh!! I received my "limited edition" Blu-ray of F:SN/Unlimited Blade Works last night. Twas a nice little surprise to come home to after a hard days work :)
Cannot wait to have a quiet night now so I can sit down & relax to enjoy the movie; I have been eagerly waiting for this since it was first announced a F/SN movie was in production.

Since I was lucky enough to receive a "First Press" edition direct from the suppliers, I also received quite a few nice extras that I did not expect: such as a 300page genga/sketch book of scenes throughout the movie, media cards & other F/SN propaganda, a full length movie poster. The nicest item received though was a very neat, high quality folder that contained two film strips actually used in the movie; one of Saber fighting & the other showing Archer & Rin talking.
When I get some spare time, I will aim to get this scanned into the Rubberslug: F/SN gallery as they are beautiful pieces in their own right.

Managed to watch about the first 20minutes of the movie last night & initial impressions are quite good. It is a gorgeous looking & animated movie and the story seems to be a bit more faithful to it's original source material than the TV series was. The colour palette the studio has utilised looks so vibrant and the actual amimation itself is extremely fluid, the animators did a super job!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Sounds pretty neat.

Yeah, the TV series tried to combine all three storylines to different extents. The TV series stuck with mostly with the main storyline, but threw in some parts of the other two storylines also.

It was better showing just one pure storyline and sticking with that. But I don't know if they knew they would be creating an Ultimate Blade Works anime when they first planned out the TV series.

Now if they could only do the third storyline someday (?Heaven's Feel). We would be able to see better scenes involving...
...Sakura and Rider.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I watched the movie a second time. I liked it more the second time because I could understand more of what was being said. :P

But one scene is unintentionally hilarious to me. Did anyone else find this funny?:
When that school teacher/assassin guy falls down dead with that huge sword stuck in his back. The way how he falls is SO terribly awkward. LOL. It cracks me up. Maybe they should have animated that part a little differently. :D :rollin
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Yes!!!!! my torrent file is officially finished...tis time to view the alternate version of my favor anime of all time!! uh...:bubbles
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

lol I shall keep an eye out for that moment......

Thus far, I have only managed to watch the first 15minutes of the movie.

But hoping that will change tonight, planning on settling back with a nice bottle of bourbon while enjoying the movie :) It has been a pretty tough week on the markets.

I must admit, I am not really a fan of the "Heaven's Feel" storyline:
Don't relish the thought of Saber dying & then coming back as a villian 'Alter-Saber'
The F/SN:UBW movie has so far moved over 44k units(Blu-ray & Dvd), making it the highest selling anime title for the week ending in September. Most pre-order stocks had sold-out prior to the Official release date of 30th Sept. With all of this positive hype around the 'Fate' franchise, Type-moon may decide to create another production to cash-in on the current popularity?