Fate/stay night movie

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It took that long theultimatebrucelee? Good thing you are able to watch it now.

I like the light and dark endings for stories. The dark endings make the"good" ending more rewarding while the dark endings make the light endings feel even better.

Yeah, Heaven's Feel would be too dark for some people, but I'd love if they made it happen! Glad to hear the movie's selling so well.

Someone should make a Gif of that funny scene. Up, Down, Up, Down :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

yeah it took a few days to torrent.

so 4 in the morning and I just finished the movie for the first time and thought
its a somewhat let down overall, storywise. just all the things went right in anime went wrong in movie. whats up with gilgamesh dying without transforming but not at the time when saber vanished from destroy the holy grail? since when did rin have so much magical power to even beat a servant like caster..anyways too many complains, also since I didn't play the game some parts were hard for me to understand. and movie length prably contributed a lot as to how things wasn't explained through enough for audience like me to be able to full understand the plot, prably, just maybe I'll need to watch this a second time.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

I quite enjoyed it actually, though admittingly I did need a second viewing.

You can tell the Studio was granted a much larger budget to portray the Unlimited Blade Works storyline with the characters/settings & animation looking simply gorgeous - especially on Blu-Ray. The music, supplied by Kenji Kawai who also worked on the TV series, steps up a couple of knotches to become suitably cinematic.

The only gripes I may have with this movie, is that prior knowledge of the TV series or the Fate manga/game storyline is recommended as the movie does take certain liberties that viewers already know what has happened between certain periods or are familiar with the story; some sequences literally jump from one scene to the next, hence the reference to the 'speed' of the movie. The first 30mins of this movie, equates to about the first 10 or so episodes of the TV series.
As well, certain characters have very limited 'screen' time, so those with favourites from the TV series may be disappointed. But the opposite is also true, with characters that had a limited presence during the TV series playing a much larger role for the movie.

I like how we got to see the action from Rin & Archer's point of view and the studio purely concentrated on that one storyline (rather than a mish-mash of the three combined).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee:
Yeah, it was a little strange when Gilgamesh didn't disappear at the same time Saber did, but I just assumed there was a reason for it and didn't think about it any further. A gameplayer might be able to explain it.
Well...maybe we'll get a Heaven's Feel anime someday. I'd like that because Sakura is also a favorite character of mine.

We need a remake of Tsukihime. The manga/game is a lot better than the TV series. The TV series was pretty stale by comparison. The TV series was like they were doing a High School play cutting out all the scenes that required too much work to present on stage. Only the still talking scenes remained.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I forgot to mention this in my previous post. The ending of the Fate/stay night movie reminded me of another movie:
It reminded me of the "Tenchi Muyo in Love" movie ending where the villain reappeared all of a sudden and tried to pull the hero into a wormhole. :D
Seems like I've seen that somewhere else also, but I can't remember where. Maybe I seen it in a live action movie.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

At present, I have heard murmurs that a Tsukihime 'project' is currently in the early stages of development. What this project may actually be is the mystery - could turn out to simply be a game??

A remake/reboot or at least a continuation of the Tsukihime anime is certainly warranted as the manga in Japan is both quite popular & still on-going.
I was shocked that the Arcuaid's character was killed at the end of the anime series as she is still very much one of the main central characters in the on-going manga.
Yet I was expecting something dramatic to happen for the final episode as by this time the anime had veered-off from the manga storyline
Watched UBW again over the weekend, really starting to warm to it as much as the TV anime. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the movie to get licenced & dubbed (hopefully retaining all/most of the original voice cast)?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I hope they do come out with another Tsukihime anime. Hopefully it'll be a lot better than the TV series.
I feel bad that Satsuki never had the possibility of a happy ending in her story in the original game. All she could do was die. :(
Need a better anime to be able to get better sketches. :D
I want a good sketch of Akiha using her powers.