Canaan

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Goldknight
RULER

Canaan

Post by Goldknight »

I debated on where to post this since it's a manga question about the anime. I realize that Canaan is a different title than the original story, but does anyone know if there's manga for it? It's my understanding that it came from a game or novel of sorts. I'm just curious if there's more to the story or a different ending to the story.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I don't know much about Canaan because I've been avoiding Canaan anime threads for spoilers (I fell so far behind). I haven't been hanging around gaming boards either.

As far as I know Canaan was a visual novel so it should probably be classified as a "game". I believe Type Moon put it out. Type Moon is a gaming company. They had previously released games such as Tsukihime, Fate/stay night and their offshoots (Fate/hollow ataraxia, Melty Blood, etc). I think Kara no Kyoukai was a game too (Kara no Kyoukai took place in a slightly alternate universe from the others).

There is a Canaan manga out there, but as far as I know they've only translated the first chapter.

The Fate/stay night manga is an alternate storyline from the anime. Anime based off visual novels usually only show the main storyline endings from their games. The Fate/stay night manga shows the second storyline from the game involving Rin and Archer. I wish I could see Sakura's storyline from the game someday, but I guess that storyline is too ecchi to animate or put in manga form. :(

Anyone know if Canaan takes place in the same universe as Tsukihime and Fate/stay night? The anime's plot structure is quite different from Tsukihime, Fate/stay night and Kara no Kyoukai. It makes me wonder how the gameplay of Canaan went. I can't visualize it. ?^_^?
Last edited by Keropi on Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What happened to it?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Thanks Keropi. I'm glad I'm not the only one unsure of this one. I do feel better that there's nothing really out there that I should be catching up on. The anime was awesome. I loved it. Episode 13 just got finished today. I liked the little extra at the end after the credits. :P I won't get into spoilers. I am bummed that they didn't expand on the story because I really enjoyed it. There was still so much they could have done with it IMHO. :)
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

If Canaan is anything like Fate/stay night they could have alternate storylines for how the story could have gone otherwise if different choices were made. It could prove most interesting if they ever put those parts to manga or anime form.

Characters who were alive at the end of Canaan could be dead in the alternate version of the story and characters who died could be alive.

I'd like to read up on the Canaan anime and gaming threads after I finish the anime and return back from my trip.

:topic

Anyone know how the Code Geass manga alternative story is going? Is it good?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What is so good about it?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

The Code Geass: Nunally's Nightmare has finished. I enjoyed it and it definitely had an alternate ending from the anime. 8O I actually liked it better in many ways. I'm still reading the Suzaku version of Code Geass though. So far I'm undecided on that one.

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That's great. Tell me what you liked about it.
-I, Robot (Asimov)