Latest Naruto Shippuuden Episodes

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Goldknight
RULER

Latest Naruto Shippuuden Episodes

Post by Goldknight »

So I need to rant a little bit. The most recent episodes of Shippuuden that have come out (The Sasuke/Itachi Arc) are almost entirely flashbacks. They are flashbacks to episodes that were also flashback to episodes that were flashbacks. :roll: To make matters worse....THEY RE-ANIMATED THEM! I can't tell you how hacked off I was when they re-animated THE episode of Sasuke going after Itachi in the hallway with Chidori. The animation was terrible. AWFUL! The original was just fine. The most recent flashbacks that were re-animated were actually tolerable though.

My other rant is that I started watching the dubbed episodes on Disney XD to see how they turned out and all I can say is TERRIBLE! I understand editing out the blood in some scenes considering it's Disney, but the fact they can't use the word Sexy or Kill just blows me away. :evil:

END OF RANT :x
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Penguinton
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Penguinton »

I'm not that far yet in Naruto...but they reanimated scenes? And they were worse than the originals? Why would they DO that?!!!!! 8O That just seems like a waste of money to reanimate the same scene. :?
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

well, they did over-do the flashbacks a bit, but they are relevant to
what is happening now, and a few tiny bits of new/clearer info did
come out of them....I guess they were needed to remind us all of the
intense emotions going on with the brothers....
and as far as the DisneyXD dubs of Shippuuden, at least someone is
actually airing the series finally, only all but 2 years later.....
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

When were they?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I'm still seething over the episode #84 scene being re-animated. I'm just.....in shock over it still. The other flashbacks were......ok....animation wise. But man....what they did to episode #84....THE SCENE....MY FAVORITE SCENE IN THE ENTIRE SERIES THUS FAR!!! :bwall Damn...way to ruin it :roll:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Carla
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Carla »

I think there trying to extent the series longer by adding more fillers and doing tons of flashbacks :x
I don't even watch filler episodes because they don't even relate to the main story. I know there catching up closer to the manga so I think there trying to extend episodes so there not going past the manga. I've stopped watching bleach because there at the main part of story out of no where filler main story filler AHHHHHHHHH!!!! :x IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! lol
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into
(O.o ) your signature to help him
(> < ) on his way to world domination
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Latest Naruto Shippuuden Episodes

Post by klet »

Goldknight wrote:To make matters worse....THEY RE-ANIMATED THEM! I can't tell you how hacked off I was when they re-animated THE episode of Sasuke going after Itachi in the hallway with Chidori. The animation was terrible. AWFUL! The original was just fine.
Was the original animation from the first series? From my understanding, the original is in "full screen" and Shippuden in "wide screen," right? I'm sure there's more correct terms than that. X| Anyway, that's probably why they reanimated the scenes. One Piece had a couple of episodes after it went digital with flashback scenes from before--it wasn't pretty. They had these ugly bars on either side that looked like map clip art or something. Sounds like Naruto went the slightly more expensive route . . . just barely. :hurt:

As far as using the word "kill," it wouldn't surprise me if the characters actually say it a lot less than you think they do. So many fansubs groups like to translate "yarareta" as "You killed him!" or something. "Yarareru" actually means to take damage be deceived, though. It's a rather common word in shounen series, too. But I'm sure Disney is editing out any legitimate kill words, like "korosu" and "ansatsu" (assassination).

American TV just doesn't like death in their kids' shows, which is why mothers end up in dungeons for the rest of their lives (and when the guy that put them there is defeated, they get forgotten about in the after party) and little girls get so badly beaten by local boys that they can never do physical activity again (rather than accidentally falling down a flight of stairs and dying). :sweatdrop

Anyway . . . it sucks when they have to use fillers to stretch, but they're a necessary evil. The worst part is when you watch an entire episode, hoping for some cannon material, then get to the end and say, "Well, that was crap. All fillers/flashbacks. :x " I refuse to watch fillers for some shows; they're just that bad. Luckily, with the really bad ones, you can tell early on in the episode (sometimes even from the episode title).
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I think I'm happy my player screwed up on that scene. 8O Sasuke's talking to Itachi and FREEZE! Stupid mkvs! :kaioken

Yes, klet's right. :) The original series was fullscreen while Shippuuden is widescreen. Therefore, they had to reanimate it in Japan because it wouldn't look right otherwise. It does suck though how they changed it. It's my favorite scene too. You might have noticed I have 2 repros from it. :wink:

And now for the kill and blood portion of the conversation . . . By FCC (Federal Communications Commission) law, programming aimed at children must follow very strict guidelines. This includes allowing only a small percentage of blood and nothing graphic, such as a nosebleed is fine but blood gushing from your stomach would not be allowed. Also, words such as die and kill are scary words for children to hear so the language must be softened to less threatening words such as perish and eliminate.

It's crazy. I know. I deal with it every day at work. But until we can get the country to loosen up a bit and actually become parents to their children instead of blaming others, this is the world we live in.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!