White Album and Aoi Bungaku

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

White Album and Aoi Bungaku

Post by Keropi »

Anybody watching White Album?

Before I re-subject myself to much angst and agony, how is the anime doing? How are those sad, dysfunctional and deeply flawed characters doing now? :)

EDIT:

For that matter how is Aoi Bungaku doing? I've only seen up to episode five. The first two stories seem to be rather mental.

Aoi Bungaku Episode Five:
The fifth episode felt slightly like "Throne of Blood" at times.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

I dropped Aoi Bungaku after the 2nd episode. Not quite my type of series.

As for White Album, the 2nd season isn't as good as the first one (and the first one wasn't that good either). Still considering to drop it but i guess i'll finish it.
This guy seems the typical lowclass skirtchaser. By the end of the series i bet there will be no girl in the series he has not chased afer. I was expecting a more mature behaviour from him.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah I see. Sounds like Touya really is one of the worst ren'ai game protagonists ever. He's up there with Takayuki (KimiNozo) and Makoto (School Days). :D

Seems like bad protagonists are around to really screw everything up and make things go badly.

Well...I'll see how long I'll be able to keep watching these two.

White Album SPOILER:
Has the stalker shown up yet?
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Not as bad as Makoto but definitely worse than Takayuki (I never considered Takayuki to be at fault anyway).
It's not like it's entirely Touya's fault. The girls are in part responsible. Don't know what they see in a loser like him. Oh well.

As for the stalker part. Don't remember having seen him and i'm almost at the end of the series, so probably it went with a short reference or they omitted it.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh that part. I'm not sure if I can explain it any better.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

White Album Spoiler:
Hmm...that's interesting that they haven't shown him yet. Maybe they'll do it later or overall it wasn't important to the story that they show him. :shrug
I noticed that you dropped several shows from this season with one episode left in the series. Did you finally get fed up with those shows and that last episode was the final straw? :D

I must say those second to final episodes of 11eyes and Kampfer were rather silly the way how they went.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I might have finally get fed up with those shows and that last episode was the final straw. What's finally get fed up with those shows and that last episode was the final straw like?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

I haven't seen White Album, but just from the title I'm guessing that it's set in the USSR and the main character goes helter skelter for a girl named Julia while sexy Sadie tries to steal him away. And there's a cute pet monkey mascot who's the only one not hiding secrets. In the end, obla di obla da, life goes on.
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Keropi wrote:White Album Spoiler:
I noticed that you dropped several shows from this season with one episode left in the series. Did you finally get fed up with those shows and that last episode was the final straw? :D

I must say those second to final episodes of 11eyes and Kampfer were rather silly the way how they went.
Yeah, that's right:
Kampfer -> Cheap fanservice has never attracted me that much. So when i haerd that the last episode is just a x'mas special i decided to drop it right away.

11 eyes -> I'm so dissapointed at this one that i'm not watching the last episode.

Sasameki Koto -> Nothing really happens in this series. It's all "I want but i can't". If they are planning to develop things in the last few episodes they can't count with me to watch them. Besides, almost all the girls in the series are lesbians. Not that i have anything against it, but watching the series it looks as if the % of lesbians girls in the world was almost 100%.... Oh, and besides, the only guy that really appears in the series is a crossdresser, go figure ^_^

Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu -> Another "I want but i can't". I'm really tired of these ones. I ended up deleting all the episodes (inluding the 1st season)

Now as for series that i'm debating myself about dropping at the very end i have "Sora no Otoshimono" and also "White Album". I'm specially doubting about this last one.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

jcaliff wrote:I haven't seen White Album, but just from the title I'm guessing that it's set in the USSR and the main character goes helter skelter for a girl named Julia while sexy Sadie tries to steal him away. And there's a cute pet monkey mascot who's the only one not hiding secrets. In the end, obla di obla da, life goes on.
Lol...I have no idea why they decided to call it that other than maybe it being about competing idol singers and some snow shots I've seen with those characters. :)
Yeah, that's right:
Kampfer -> Cheap fanservice has never attracted me that much. So when i haerd that the last episode is just a x'mas special i decided to drop it right away.

11 eyes -> I'm so dissapointed at this one that i'm not watching the last episode.

Sasameki Koto -> Nothing really happens in this series.
I miss the old days when more stories were adapted to anime after their stories were already completed. Nowadays most anime are only able to tell the early part of the story. Many of the most significant plot points are never shown in the anime because the anime studios want to put out the anime while the manga/novel is still ongoing and popular. :(

So yeah...not a whole lot is happening in a number of these anime. Only minor hop ups are taking place. And really...if the viewer doesn't like the jokes in Sasameki Koto I don't think there's a lot of reasons to be watching it. Personally, I think Sumi-chan thinks too much like a guy. 11eyes (to me) is at the point of being so "bad" that it's funny. That's why I'm still watching it (besides the character designs that is).

It seems that you were able to endure the second season of Nogizaka a lot more than I was. I'm just waiting to see if there's another episode from it that I want to see by the time the series ends. I skimmed through the episodes that are currently out and they didn't look intriguing enough for me to watch. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So what did you think of the White Album ending?

Speaking of endings...how was the Kemono no Souja Erin ending? :D

I'm bored. I have a ton of free time because the holidays are over, but I don't have recent anime that I want to watch very much. The Holidays in Japan have delayed a lot of series episodes too. I've been cleaning my house and tool shed the last few days breathing a lot of dust. *cough* *cough* At least I've been productive.

I found Fencer Minerva tapes that I bought from Right Stuf two to five years ago. Surprisingly the box was still unopened and has been sitting in plain sight since who knows when. I thought something else was in that box. 8O
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Tell me more. The opposite of black Album ending.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Keropi wrote:So what did you think of the White Album ending?

Speaking of endings...how was the Kemono no Souja Erin ending? :D

I'm bored. I have a ton of free time because the holidays are over, but I don't have recent anime that I want to watch very much. The Holidays in Japan have delayed a lot of series episodes too. I've been cleaning my house and tool shed the last few days breathing a lot of dust. *cough* *cough* At least I've been productive.

I found Fencer Minerva tapes that I bought from Right Stuf two to five years ago. Surprisingly the box was still unopened and has been sitting in plain sight since who knows when. I thought something else was in that box. 8O
Well, i skimmed through the last White Album episode more than properly wathing it..... Very so so as expected. I deleted the series from my HD (including the 1st season).

Kemono no Souja Erin was a great series. Series based on novels tend to be much better than average. Ending was very good. It leaves you with the sensation of wanting more from the anime. I know the novels go much far ahead than the series and that they end with not a "as happy ending as the series", but well, i love happy endings so this works for me :)

Ah, Fencer of Minerva, one of those hentai titles that actually has a series plot and not a bunch of h-scenes glued together. :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I can enjoy almost any conversation.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

darksuzaku wrote:Well, i skimmed through the last White Album episode more than properly wathing it..... Very so so as expected. I deleted the series from my HD (including the 1st season).
Ah...oh well. :(
Kemono no Souja Erin was a great series. Series based on novels tend to be much better than average. Ending was very good. It leaves you with the sensation of wanting more from the anime. I know the novels go much far ahead than the series and that they end with not a "as happy ending as the series", but well, i love happy endings so this works for me :)
That's good to hear. I doubt I'll ever watch more of it, but thanks for the information. I tend to wonder how series turned out even after I drop them.
Ah, Fencer of Minerva, one of those hentai titles that actually has a series plot and not a bunch of h-scenes glued together. :)
Yeah, usually they never have plots now. There are a few exceptions, but not very many these days. If they do have a plot, they're usually about blackmailing, revenge or something dark like that. The comedic ones are often about acquiring a harem. Then again, their short length isn't helping either. How many two or three episode OVAs have been excellent AND been able to tell their entire storyline within the course of it. Usually the best 2-3 episode OVAs only tell a small part of the entire story due to their condensed length.

Cobra 1 just came out, but I'm not too much into that one. :D
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.