Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

How cute is this??

Post by Wendy »

In_Gabriel_We_Trust and I were just chatting and he me sent this link:
No really, watch it :^^:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAUXdDO_ ... re=related

Isn't that the cutest thing you ever heard?
And the girl is cute too :wink:

(Gabe made me say that! :dlook)
Last edited by Wendy on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What does she look like?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

omgosh that poor woman! youd'a think she'd loose her voice (and her sanity) from saying two words for 15 years now…
PI-KA-CHU
PI-KA-CHU
PI-KA-CHU
LOL that and pi-ka-PEEEEEE!!!! :rollin

LOL, sorry i go crazy when im sick. :crazy
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I think the polite term is "mentally ill. "
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

She has voiced a lot of high pitched characters through the years, but I've never seen a video of her before.

I wonder if she retired from voice acting or simply cut back? I heard someone else was voicing Chopper in One Piece now?

I remember when she voiced Rio in To Heart and later did Shielle Messiah from Tokyo Underground. She did Guni in Nightwalker also, but I'm pretty sure I first remembered her after her To Heart role. Thanks for sharing that. It's always interesting seeing seiyuu performing their voices. :)
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I somehow though she had.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

That was tooth aching cute. :P
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

Keropi wrote:I heard someone else was voicing Chopper in One Piece now?
I'm not sure Keropi, I still need to catch up around 80 or so episodes and so far I haven't noticed a change in his voice.
But give me a week and I'll know :wink:

This is a good video for a lot of the One Piece voice actors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejTK7hyN ... re=related

They make it look so easy! 8O

Goldknight wrote:That was tooth aching cute. :P
Isn't it? :D
If I could do that, I think I would annoy everyone around me even more by constantly doing that.
I love Pikachu! :^^:
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

She also did Ruka in Tenshi ni Narumon, which is a tom-boy role and fairly complex: Ruka is the hyperintelligent "mad scientist" in Noelle's fun house family. I'm sure that role helped keep her sane and the low pitch of this characterization kept her voice healthy.

Interesting that Ohtani's voice was preserved for (so far as I can tell) all of the foreign-language dubs of the Pokemon saga. Either her PI KA CHU! was considered iconic and unsurpassable or no one wanted to risk the sanity of their voice actors.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

sensei wrote:Interesting that Ohtani's voice was preserved for (so far as I can tell) all of the foreign-language dubs of the Pokemon saga.
I recall that, at least for the first season of the US dub, ocassionally Pikachu's voice sounded different. It's particularly obvious when Pikachu speaks along with the rest of the characters or during commercial promotions for WB/local TV station(originally it aired on local TV stations in 1998). Perhaps, at the time, it was too difficult/costly for them to just isolate the Pikachu vocal track or, like the rest of the Pokemon, they were hoping to just use a more local voice over.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wendy wrote:This is a good video for a lot of the One Piece voice actors:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejTK7hyN ... re=related
That's pretty neat. It's cool watching the seiyuu at work. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I know there's a Kanon (2002) seiyuu session video on YouTube, but I don't know how many others are out there.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Keropi wrote: I wonder if she retired from voice acting or simply cut back? I heard someone else was voicing Chopper in One Piece now?
A couple years back, she went on leave for a couple of months, and there was a different voice actor for Chopper. Umm, 10, 20 episodes? The other actor also did the 7th movie. Rumor has it that she was pregnant, and that's the standard explanation among One Piece fans, but I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed. She came back in episode 263, and we're now in the 420s.

Spoiler for more recent episodes:
She hasn't been working on the recent episodes, like all of the other voice actors apart from Luffy's. That's because the crew is currently split, and the story is focusing on Luffy. Most of the other actors, though, have had small parts here and there. The female crew members were used in the Amazon Lily arc, and Nakai (Zoro) recently showed up as Saldeath in the last episode. Of course, Yao voices Franky and Mr. 2 Bon Kurei, so he's all set.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah is that what it was? Thanks for explaining that.

I gotta get back to One Piece one of these days. I always say that though. :^^: