Anime you liked more than the manga

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Hmmm...I'd have to say Princess Tutu, Twelve Kingdoms, Shugo Chara(Nothing says "We'd rather work on other projects" more than that ending) and XXXholic.

I'd have to say that the ending of Shugo Chara was absolutely revolting, or at least in my opinion. Even more so than having the new episodes act as nothing more than advertisements for that J-pop group.
While I realize that the creators will make side-stories every so often, the fact that they left it at that was bad. I mean...does Amu end up with Tadese or Ikuto? And if it's Tadese, why is he travelling back in time to spend time and guide Amu?
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

the My Hime and Wolf's Rain mangas were not as good as the anime.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What are your goals in life?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I would have to say I like the anime of Gravitation, 07-Ghost, Full Metal Alchemist, Prince of Tennis, and Inuyasha better than the manga to name a few.

I didn't get past vol 7 on FMA, (I'm going to try again since I"m not watching Brotherhood yet). Gravitation tooks it to extremes that the anime left out. I liked the action of 07-Ghost, PoT and Inuyasha better in the anime.

As for animes based on video games, I have watched and heard about the games from my daughters, but I don't play them so I have enjoyed Tales of the Abyss, Star Ocean, and various Hack series. The animes have helped me understand who they were talking about. Some newer animes based on games such as Tears of Tiara and Tower of Druaga I have enjoyed as well.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

I rarely like an anime more than the manga, but it has happened on a few occasions: Trigun, Full Metal Panic!, Gravitation and Inuyasha. There are several anime, however, that I have no desire to read their written counterparts, such as FMA and Escaflowne.