If you could buy really nice sketches from a CG anime.....

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
animejewell
Juuyaku - Executive

If you could buy really nice sketches from a CG anime.....

Post by animejewell »

Just thought I'd have fun and ask what sketches would you love to have from CG anime series. If you could have some gorgeous sketches from your favorite series, which series would you choose?
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

I already collect a few series like Samurai Deeper Kyo, GetBackers, Amatsuki, Bleach, Tenjou Tenge, Vampire Knight, but still would like to find some more sketches from those series. I'm only looking for particular scenes and characters, and if I find those I would be satisfied.

Series I would like sketches of and haven't been lucky with are:

Straight Jacket,
Karas,
Texhnolyze,
Blade of the Immortal,
Skip Beat,
Hellsing,
Trinity Blood,
Death Note,
Devil May Cry,
Ghost in the Shell 1st and 2nd GIG
Himitsu - Top Secret,
Basilisk,
Monochrome Factor,
Haru wo Daiteita,
Kuro Shitsuji,
Blassreiter,
Yami no Matsuei,
Kin'iro no Corda,
Tokko,
07-Ghost,
Baccano,
Samurai Gun,
Samurai Champloo,
Heat Guy J,
Gantz,
Shigurei,
Kurozuka,
Blue Literature (Aoi Bungaku),
Kaikan Phrase,
The Wallflower,
Angel Sanctuary,
and several others.

One that the anime will be coming out soon and I would LOVE to have sketches from would be:

Uraboku - Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru

With some of these titles I'm looking for just want one or two sketches and with others only particular sketches, and with a few titles I would like to find more then just one or two sketches. It depends on the title. :shrug
Last edited by Kata on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:45 am, edited 8 times in total.
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

I am not a huge sketch collector, but I would love to find more sketches (especially layouts) from

1) Mushishi
2) Mirage of Blaze
3) Yami no Matsuei
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

I keep meaning to acquire something from Tactics...but aside from the sketches being rare I just haven't managed to get around to it yet, heh. A few people here have actually sold some recently..but I bought too many cels the past few months to have a budget for a new series. Sigh. Someday! Maybe.

I'd really like to get some more Sketches from Weiss Kreuz Gluhen, but NEVER see those available. The ones I have are the only time I've ever gotten a chance to buy any. Anything else I've seen has already been in someone else's gallery, not for sale, so I'm not sure where they were found.

It's a shame that sketches from CG shows seem harder to come by then cels. I would probably focus on them if they were more accessible.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Interesting question!

If I was able to get very high quality sketches, I would tend to favor getting them from anime that I didn't have anything from and anime that I liked the artwork quality more.

In that case I think I'd want:

Suika, Kanon (2006), DNAngel, Escalayer, Zegapain, Sadamitsu, Mizuiro 2nd OVA, Baldr Force, Shin Angyo Onshi, Gift, To Heart 2 OVAs, Kara no Kyoukai, Hakushaku to Yousei, Shikabane Hime, Akane Maniax, Ar Tonelico, Rental Magica and Ga-Rei Zero.

Those would hit the spot if they were high quality. But mostly I only see crappy roughs these days. :(
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I have been collecting sketches mainly from Shounen Onmyouji, Vampire Knight, Hikaru no Go and Prince of Tennis.

I would love to have more genga/douga of Tokyo Majin, Jyu Oh Sei, Gundam 00 and Gundam Seed/Destiny.

The series I can think of that may interest me, but I haven't seen are Clannad, Hanasakeru Seishounen, and Tegami Bachi - only of specific characters.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Toradora - haven't seen high quality sketches from this series.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Can you see me?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

One Piece!!

It's so frustrating that a show with over 430 episode has so little sketches available.

I'd murder orphans for a good set, believe you me.
Well...maybe not murder, but I'll pretty much trade any other item in my gallery besides One Piece for a good set.
Last edited by Wendy on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

death note death note death note... :D
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Seconding the One Piece!!

I don't need to collect a lot of it, but I'd really really love to get just one or two really nice sketches of my favorite characters (Sanji and Zoro.) I've only found a very small amount of art from that show for sale and haven't liked any of it enough to buy so far.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

inuyasha final act....dang they have some wonderful animation with that series!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I'd certainly go for the gold if any sketches from Haibane Renmei ever appeared. Alas, I understand they were destroyed, except for a very few used for rilezu.

Given my interest in Tree of Palme, I'd look closely at sketches for the Nakamura TV series Fantastic Children. There was a small batch that came up years ago, but I lost it as SMJ was having one of its occasional outages on that particular day.
Killua

Post by Killua »

One Piece. Word. 8)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

One what?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)