If you could buy really nice sketches from a CG anime.....

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting. Interesting. I have a perfect operational record.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Shampoo wrote:I ended up turning them ALL
down because "I dont buy artwork from shows I havent seen"
ARGH! :bwall :bwall :bwall
Really kicking myself for that TTD!
I think we're both in the "I-Hate-It-When-I-Miss-Something-Because-I-Hadn't-Watched-The-Anime-Yet Club. :(

It's not a club that people want to join.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Oh yeah, The Cat Returns!!!

I didn't even think of that one as I'd utterly given up on ever seeing anything fom that available. I'd love to see some art from that, even just to look at in someone else's gallery.
LLslickD
Eiketsu - Mastermind
Location: From days ago, from uncharted regions of the universe

Post by LLslickD »

FLCL for me... man I wish they'd start using cels again! /sob
"Zaraki Squad, 3rd Seat, Madarame Ikkaku! You don't need to tell me your name, just remember mine. It's the name of the man who's about to kill you!"
-Bleach Ep. 117
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

Afro Samurai, Scrapped Princess, Tsukihime, Dot Hack//, Howl's Moving Castle, Devil May Cry, Someday's Dreamers, Hundred Horror stories/Requiem from the Darkness, Utawarerumono, Ghost in the Shell; Stand alone Complex, Ichigo Mashimaro, Samurai Champloo, Romeo x Juliet, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

No end to the list, going to hang myself in shame :puzzled
Sky Rat Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, The Cat Returns!!!

I didn't even think of that one as I'd utterly given up on ever seeing anything fom that available. I'd love to see some art from that, even just to look at in someone else's gallery
Count me in Sky Rat :cat
animejewell
Juuyaku - Executive

High Quality sketches I would love to have

Post by animejewell »

I would love to find sketches for Skip Beat, Witch Hunter Robin, Pretear, Itazura na Kiss, Kaikan Phrase, Blade of the Immortal, and of course Hikaru no Go.

I always hate hearing about how a studio destroyed sketches, it's such a shame when there is a market out here for the sketches.
TMarkS
Anime Geek

Post by TMarkS »

Spirited Away for sure.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I just don't understand.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
TMarkS
Anime Geek

Post by TMarkS »

Cloud wrote:I just don't understand.
That doesn't surprise me. ;)
FreeStyle786

Post by FreeStyle786 »

I would like to get sketches from...

Elfen Lied
Basilisk
Avatar: The Last Airbender (if ever in existence)
Teen Titans (CN)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Massacrist Manslayer wrote:Afro Samurai, Scrapped Princess, Tsukihime, Dot Hack//, Howl's Moving Castle, Devil May Cry, Someday's Dreamers, Hundred Horror stories/Requiem from the Darkness, Utawarerumono, Ghost in the Shell; Stand alone Complex, Ichigo Mashimaro, Samurai Champloo, Romeo x Juliet, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
I have seen rilezu from Someday's Dreamers, so they are out there. Samurai Champloo is also available from time to time. And Midori has some items from Ichigo Mashimaro and Romeo x Juliet.

All of these just take lots of lurking. There are series that I check weekly (except during Lent) and see nothing for more than a year. And then.... :yay
Caterfly

Post by Caterfly »

Not sure if it's CG or not but Louie The Rune Solider would be great to find some sketches from or a rilezu.

Also, Avatar The Last Air Bender would be great though, I'm surprised that nothing really has been released or else they all have and I just missed out T.T
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Sometimes settling for a mediocre sketch is all you can hope for.

Then there are shows where you would never buy anything from them unless the artwork was exactly what you wanted and still relatively cheap.
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

sensei wrote:
I have seen rilezu from Someday's Dreamers, so they are out there. Samurai Champloo is also available from time to time. And Midori has some items from Ichigo Mashimaro and Romeo x Juliet.

Have seen Someday's Dreamers Rilezu maybe one day I like to have one. Some Samurai Champlloo do come up is a question would I start or let someone else collect the sketches.

I did pick up some Romeo x Juliet rough sketches but I have to wait a couple weeks to have them in my hand.

Midori, must be someone Sensei?
sensei wrote: All of these just take lots of lurking. There are series that I check weekly (except during Lent) and see nothing for more than a year. And then.... :yay
Just by looking at your gallery Sensei, I can see which series you looking for. Hmmmm Princess Tutu - keep my mind off it, Sensei area.
An I am still new to hobby an waiting more than year for series to popup I think I would go a bit crazy an completely skip the series.

More sketches to search for...........

The Wallflower - Started to watch the series :crackup
HiHi Puffy Ami Yumi
Koutetsu Sangokushi
Witchblade
Queens Blade
VanDread
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It's too bad about those older computer colored shows like Vandread. The attention was placed on collecting cels back then. We didn't think much about non-cel related sketches back then. I think many of the sketches from the oldest cc shows are just not available.

Unless someone has a secret stash and/or sells theirs.

I wonder how YJ looked like back in 2001-2002 when it came to sketches? I was looking in the wrong categories back then so of course I have no idea what was there. I recall renting Steel Angel Kurumi in 2000 before the fansubs came out and looking for sketches from it, but heck...I was searching for it in the wrong places. :sweatdrop