Vampire Knight news

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Vampire Knight news

Post by duotrouble »

So this may be old news to some but it's new to me. Vampire Knight is liscened in the US. YAY! :yay

There are some anime that I feel like I have to wait forever to come to the US after I've watched the fansubs. Some don't ever make it and that makes me sad. But I didn't have to wait long for the announcement that Vampire Knight is coming. I don't have any dates so if someone does please post it here. :)

How did I find out? I was looking up a US VA and noticed he's slated to voice Aidou from Vampire Knight. I literally screamed with joy. Now, the long wait for the complete boxset is on. :sweatdrop
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

WOW! 8O I'm surprised no one had anything to say. I guess I'm the only one who actually supports anime by buying the DVDs. 8O
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

duotrouble wrote:WOW! 8O I'm surprised no one had anything to say. I guess I'm the only one who actually supports anime by buying the DVDs. 8O
I buy legitimate discs! *waves hand* But I don't really care about VK, so I don't plan on purchasing this series. Maybe others feel the same way?
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

Really hope that's not the case...(sales don't need more decline, I'm still crying over Tokyo pop dropping some of my favorite manga :cry: )

That's the first I've heard of a dub, though looking it up I'm curious to see how Johnny Young Bosch does as Zero, since the only characters I remember him doing were more on the perky side :P
...and I'm not sure I like that he's doing Ichiru too...who says twins have to sound alike /hmm
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

I've only read the manga (English release) through vol. 8. I haven't seen the anime, and might pick it up when it comes out here. I'm not especially thrilled with the storyline in the manga where I'm at right now, but I'll give it a couple more volumes. :)
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I have bought several series on DVDs or rented them from Netflix; however, I will admit most of the time I listen to them in Japanese and don't always pay attention to the Engish VAs. I was interested in the fact that several series were release only in Japanese. These were more current series and had more episodes on a single DVD. I actually like that idea.

As for VK, I'm buying the manga and will consider the DVDs, but hadn't heard about it until I read your post. I will definitely wait for a box set.

crackpot27 - maybe the voice actor is the same for Zero and Ichiru b/c that's how the Japanese anime is done.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
alyssium
Eiketsu - Mastermind

WooHoo

Post by alyssium »

At least its getting done, we have to wait even longer to get it in Australia. There is some stuff that you guys got years ago and still never made it here!!!!!!

I read the manga and loved it :)
xx alyssium xx
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

ReiTheJelly wrote:
duotrouble wrote:WOW! 8O I'm surprised no one had anything to say. I guess I'm the only one who actually supports anime by buying the DVDs. 8O
I buy legitimate discs! *waves hand* But I don't really care about VK, so I don't plan on purchasing this series. Maybe others feel the same way?
YAY! 8) I love collecting the pretty artwork of DVDs. :^^: But no, I was surprised because I know there are so many VK fans on this board. I figured I'd get either "that's old news" or "that's great - can't wait". Instead, when I got crickets, I figured everyone was saving their money for cels and ultimately being their own worst enemy. The language you choose to watch it in is your choice and not the point of this thread. :wink: I didn't want to have to resort to buying the Japanese DVDs because they are at least twice as expensive as anime DVDs in the US plus you have to factor in either internationl shipping and/or deputy fees.
crackpot27
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

animeobsessed wrote: crackpot27 - maybe the voice actor is the same for Zero and Ichiru b/c that's how the Japanese anime is done.
Yeah most likely, but since I never finished the subbed version I have no idea how it turned out :^^:
Though I suppose a good voice actor would be able to do to very different voices for each character, so I should give it a chance before nockin' it :P