Possible Bleach Movie?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Possible Bleach Movie?

Post by Keropi »

Anime News Network says that Warner Brothers is in negotiations for Bleach:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... leach-film

That doesn't sound exciting considering how Hollywood has handled previous attempts. Ah well whatever.
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LLslickD
Eiketsu - Mastermind
Location: From days ago, from uncharted regions of the universe

Post by LLslickD »

nooooo! :bwall They always do this and kill everything (DBZ for example and soon enough cowboy bebop with keanu reeves). Say it isn't so!
"Zaraki Squad, 3rd Seat, Madarame Ikkaku! You don't need to tell me your name, just remember mine. It's the name of the man who's about to kill you!"
-Bleach Ep. 117
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It seems like the chance of it working out increases when it's an Asian production, but then it probably wouldn't have the budget you would prefer.

I wonder if a white American will play the lead character? :D

What will the afterlife end up looking like? Maybe it looks like a deserted Chinatown in San Francisco? ?^_^?
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

Live-action movies just boring with the story line even more boring to movie it self. LLslickD is right
They always do this and kill everything
In the long, I'm still waiting to watch Blood+ live-action see what it is like, if I can find it, in my huge mess of dvd's?

Any word about the Evangelion & Ghost in the Shell live-action?
Been a couple of years when I first heard of the evangelion becoming to the big screen. Way to quiet for my liking without any updates.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm waiting for the Yamato Live Action Movie:

http://www.scificool.com/first-footage- ... ip-yamato/

Don't know if it'll be good, but at least the trailer LOOKS good. :D
Koneko Koji
Kamisama - God

Post by Koneko Koji »

The worst live action I saw was Initial D - they totally changed the characters, especially Takumi's father - then squidged all the seasons together - and WORSE cut out a Takahashi brother!! (I'm a big fan of the brothers due to their voice actors <3)

Dragonball looked dire although I'll probably give it a go.

I enjoyed the Sailor Moon live actions - even though they were a bit cheesy at times.

The only one I want to see is an old hard to find one - Tokyo Babylon; it's supposed to be awful, but I still want to see it! XD
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The two Live Action Maison Ikkoku TV specials were decent. The actress playing Kyoko was a bit too old to play her, but no major complaints from me. They were trying to crunch down a very long story into two TV movies. They did good work on the background settings.

The Live Action Maison Ikkoku Theater Movie though wasn't so good. The guy playing Yotsuya was good however.

The live action Yawara movie wasn't too bad. The Video Girl Ai movie wasn't too bad considering what the story had to work with (fantasy, unworldly settings).

Can't remember the bad ones I watched, but there were a few of those. :sweatdrop

Not sure how that live action Blood Movie turned out since I didn't see it. They seem to be easier to adapt when the original stories were closer to real life settings.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I love watching J-dramas and live actions. I'll tune in for a Bleach live action. I thought the Death Notes were incredible but I'm confused. Are they making new ones?
Koneko Koji wrote:The only one I want to see is an old hard to find one - Tokyo Babylon; it's supposed to be awful, but I still want to see it! XD
I found it on YouTube recently but I didn't have the time to watch it when I did. I've been considering buying the DVD from Japan even though I know it won't have any English subs. I just want to watch it.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

The only live-action movie that I want see, Mushishi. I couldn't get enough of the anime series an I still wanted more Ginko mystery travels.
Maybe the movie will ease my pain way if it comes to australian waters.

I never wanted to watch transformers movie. I knew straight up that story line would invoid human's being - Oh please just take out those things. I can thank aliens Vs predator for that, destroying my fun of watching great movie's coming out each year an never made it easy to start again.

I did see a trailer for Jin-roh live-action on youtube, has got my interest an not bad at all from the clip.
dark-water-dragon
Kamisama - God

Post by dark-water-dragon »

I don't have a problem with live action, anime inspired movies. I know that they have not have the best success in the box office or with fans of the original anime, but with the movie Blood it has inspired me to watch the show. But with the tech they have now in movie like with Avatar. I would love to see a live action Gundam movie.
Darkness is the only thing that can comfort you

http://dwd.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I forgot...there was a Live Action Tokimeki Memorial movie also. It was okay, but it had almost nothing in common with the game.

At least Shiori made a cameo appearance at the end.

There was a City Hunter Live Action movie too.