High School of the Dead

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

High School of the Dead

Post by Keropi »

This Madhouse trailer for the fanservice zombie TV series anime "High School of the Dead" looks good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S28sNADmU1M

I don't expect the story to be great (from reading the manga), but at least it looks to be B-movie campy/amusing to me. I'd rather see an entertaining anime with a mediocre story than an uninteresting anime (for me) with a good story. :P

I think it's supposed to air in October 2010. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

thats what it is about high school of the dead I think, whatever on the story, but prably lots of action lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Lots of zombie bashing. I wonder how violent it's going to be?

Not that that's stopped anything. It's just that they censor certain things out when they appear on TV.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

yeah, I wonder whats the limit over there, at least they don't make the blood color black like they did here.

still I remember they cut out part of school days's final ep when it was aired in 2008, or 07. I had to go on youtube later to search for the uncut version when the dvd was released.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, they made the School Days anime ending end worse than the game. I guess they figured that people were already used to the game's ending so why not go crazy and make the anime's ending end in an even worse train wreck than the game's famous three "bad" story endings. :D
The blood was colored black when it originally aired on TV.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

right, the uncut was really bloody, and Red :D and its got so much impact on a big yandere fan<<=== :) or maybe it turned me into one lol

For game, I myself was impacted most with the torned apart kotonoha ending, followed by yandere kotonoha then the other one...forgot..think it was sekai murder lol don't care about sekai 8)

so I donno, personally, content wise, kotonoha jumping off building was the most emotional ending for me out of all the ones from anime, game and manga.

so now cross days came out a week ago..
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:so now cross days came out a week ago..
Does it have bad endings? :dlook

By the way...have you read any of the Mirai Nikki manga? There's a psycho girl in there. /gg

There was also a psycho girl in "Karakasa no Saien" manga, but I don't know if that ever got much translated into English. :(
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:
theultimatebrucelee wrote:so now cross days came out a week ago..
Does it have bad endings? :dlook

By the way...have you read any of the Mirai Nikki manga? There's a psycho girl in there. /gg

There was also a psycho girl in "Karakasa no Saien" manga, but I don't know if that ever got much translated into English. :(
hard to say about endings as poeple are still trying to figure that out, so far there is one yandere confirmed. and all those major bugs are real killers, expect a giant official patch soon..I heard the bugs are so bad that some endings are not even showing up..I have this on harddrive, but have yet to install as I'm out of space<_< will have to wait and see whats going on and also need a guide for it, my uber crappy japanese is not gonna get me very far :P

yes I have been reading Mirai Nikki, quite a good manga indeed! I'm missing a few weeks of undates, and its just at the very important part of finding out the yandere girl's true objective right now :D I kinda want to wait until it ends, think its pretty soon.

well I better go check out Karakasa no Saien, thanks for the info :) but its only got like 3(?) chs translated?_- after all those years??..
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

More bugs again? Why am I not surprised. But I would have thought they had learned from their experiences with their last buggy game.

Yeah, it's too bad some manga just seem to disappear. I wish I could read more of "Tasogare Otome x Amnesia" for example.
LLslickD
Eiketsu - Mastermind
Location: From days ago, from uncharted regions of the universe

Post by LLslickD »

That looks like alot of fun! IMO i dont really need a story at all if the zombie bashing action is good enough :hurt:
"Zaraki Squad, 3rd Seat, Madarame Ikkaku! You don't need to tell me your name, just remember mine. It's the name of the man who's about to kill you!"
-Bleach Ep. 117
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Will there be a sequel called "College of the Dead"? If so, I could provide lots and lots of suggestions for the overall story arc and for individual incidents.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Lol...I think one of my college Math instructors was dead.

Or at least...he talked like he was dead. He was more monotone than Henry Kissinger. Lol :)