Anime you just keep falling for <3

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Koneko Koji
Kamisama - God

Anime you just keep falling for <3

Post by Koneko Koji »

Lately I've been (slowly) getting my life back on track after moving from a house to a one room apartment, and then having to help my Aunt - and suddenly I've found the time to re-organise my stuff, flick through old manga - and better, watch some anime DVD's.

And as i've been watching the DVD's, I've not only been having a ton of "MY CEL!" moments, but also - "Oooohhh....want it" moments - and now, I've started falling in love with series again, and it's kinda made me happy.

In this case, it's Weiss Kreuz - my first and most deeply rooted love in anime - I found the concert DVD's and that was it - I'm now grinning like a loon, blasting Velvet Underworld (Gluhen Version) from my laptop, and have dug out all the DVD's for the TV series, OVA, Gluhen and concerts so I can watch it all again.

Getting around to the point, I wonder if it's just me who has these wonderful rediscovery moments for old series that you've never really stopped liking, but suddenly realised you love them still ... very much <3
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Hehe...well..the obvious answer for me would be Weiss too...but I've really never stopped obsessing over that one, not even during the period I wasn't buying cels...

So a better answer from me would be One Piece. I go through periods of being really into it and then don't pay attention to it for a long time. But the second I go back to it I'm like 'holy crap I LOVE this series.'

Heh I gotta say I've been re-watching Kapital a little at a time lately in an effort to label some of my cels with episode numbers. I've been almost falling off the couch laughing at some of the dialog. Hehehe.
Koneko Koji
Kamisama - God

Post by Koneko Koji »

Tee heee - I've never really stopped liking Weiss so to say, but had so many other interests that came up, that the last time I got majorly excited over it was Side B (hmmmm Ken's design in that is just ... hmmmmmm ^__________^) - but after watching 2 minutes of Koyasu looking drunk off his ass and hanging all over Seki <3 I'm straight back to WOOHOO Weiss!!!

One Piece is like that for me as well - I've still got Seasons 4 - 7 to watch before I get any more of it! But after digging out my manga and reading 1 - 9 the other night, I'm up for watching it again ^_^

I've also been getting my nephews into anime (they've been into Jp. stuff since they were born - one of them would scream the house down at 3 months old if he didn't see the 'Dancing Cats' of J-rock before bed (can you guess the band and song? LOL) - they really like Cardcaptor Sakura - especially Kero-chan, and now Tsubasa ... haha more CLAMP fans in the house. . . I'm sure my sister is sooooo happy XD

Sorry - totally rambling now, but i'm just so bubbly - I've got my mojo back and am excited about anime & cels for the first time in a very long and depressing time ^________^
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

Escaflowne's one I've rediscovered several times, and it cracks me up that I still get just as much enjoyment out of the series as I did a decade ago. Unfortunately every time I do "rediscover it" I have a minor financial breakdown when buying artwork from the series (and sadly I don't end up feeling the need to keep the majority of it) :P Though even with that little hitch I do love getting over excited about a series all over again :wink:
kizu

Post by kizu »

For me I've never really stopped obssessing about Rurouni Kenshin...

But aside from that I've been really enjoying You're Under Arrest, Hikaru no Go and Hanada Shonen-shi... I really wish I can find artwork for Hanada /sob
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Despite the various moments I have where I try to remind myself how cronologically old I am and why I still enjoy anime series where girls go around defending the planet with a generally-pink baton, I still find myself drawn to shoujo anime. I still laugh at the same Sailormoon and CCS episodes, despite having seen many of them for the upteenth time.

But, I think the one that I keep going back to is Keroro Gunso. Yeah, every episode is pretty much the same - the alien froggies come up with some hair-brained scheme to either take over the planet, amass more Gunpla or make Natsumi more amiable. But despite there being several movies and tons of episodes, they always seem to come up with new and ingenious ways of presenting the same story. I really love the show's humor, and the fact that, even if you miss a few episodes, you can still sit down, watch an episode and not feel as if you missed something important.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

^ Yeah, despite my age and the fact that I really shouldn't care about middle/high school girls getting their first kiss and eating strawberry cake while waving sparkly wands, I love shoujo :) I just love it! It's hard to explain.

Everytime I rewatch:

Trigun
Slayers
Vision of Escaflowne

It has the same effect on me as if it was almost the first time. It makes me love them all over again.
Kata
Sakabat&#333; Sheath

Post by Kata »

For me always been Rurouni Kenshin. OVA, TV and Movie and Memorial and Special. Was not to happy with Seisouhen, but still love all the Rurouni Kenshin series regardless.

I also love others (older cel made anime and newer CG anime), but RK has always been THE ONE.

RK wasn't my first anime I ever watched of course, but it was the one I fell in love with the most.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Heh. I couldn’t quite get excited over Side B since it was missing my favorite character. ;__;

But I gotta agree with you, I think Ken fared the best out of them through their changing character designs. He looks pretty awesome in both Gluhen and Side B.

Dude, Koyasu and Seki…I’ve never seen so much fanservice. I bet they secretly write fanfiction about themselves, lol lol lol.

I don't watch nearly enough new shows, so I stay pretty focused on old stuff. I really need to diversify a bit more...
JuniorMintKiss
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by JuniorMintKiss »

Currently, I have three shows that I "rediscover" every once in a while; they just get me excited for anime all over again:

1. Gokudo - Yes, you all know about my obsession with this show, but I really don't watch it all that much, despite it being my favorite. I just rewatched it a few months ago after it sat in the back of my hutch for over a year. There's just something about it that puts the happy back into my life.

2. Kare Kano - My sister and I absolutely LOVE and HATE this show (and we all know why). We watch it over and over again, knowing that the ending is getting closer with the huge disappointment. However, it's the journey that we love while nearing the end that makes it rewatchable so many times.

3. Kodocha - This is the only 102 episode show that I will sit down and watch all the way through in one setting. And everytime I pop it in I am just in my own little world. I laugh and tear up in all the same scenes and it never fails to entertain me.
Cordelia

Post by Cordelia »

Basically I can re-watch all the anime I collect from. It tends to happen when I'm looking for screen captures. Top of my list would be RK and Ranma. For Ranma, I can start from any where in the series and not miss a beat. FY is great but I just can't bring myself to watch from start to finish, some parts are just too emotionally draining. The OVAs though are a different story :)
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Cordelia wrote:Basically I can re-watch all the anime I collect from.
this basically holds true for me too, but, as has been stated
several times in previous posts, I tend to go back to RK time
and time again, and it's as fresh and exciting as the first time!
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eyes0nme19 »

I'm currently re-watching Eyeshield 21 and its even better than when I watched it the first time. The first episode actually gave me the chills, that's how good it was :D I find that any anime that makes my heart pound from excitement even when watching it more than one time is definitely a keeper. So far the only series that do that to me are One Piece, Naruto, and Slam Dunk (especially during the action/fighting scenes). After Eyeshield I'm going to watch Slam Dunk again...seriously I never get tired of that show X|
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Interesting question: I guess the one that continually "gets" me is Haibane Renmei, for which only the occasional rilezu survives as the production art itself seems to have been destroyed.

But another is Rozen Maiden, which I like for the simple reason that the protagonist is not a "normal high school student" to whom extraordinary things happen. Rather, he's a seriously disturbed youngster, a person who is so troubled and so obnoxious at the same time that it's actually enjoyable to watch the creepy possessed china doll from hell get him to kiss her ring and so enslave himself to her.

And then you find out that the creepy china doll has got her own psychological hangups, and so taking on a psycho teenager as a slave is good medicine for her, just as learning to run errands for a supercilious levitating tea-drinking BJD helps the pompous teenage ass work off some of his problems. As well it might.

Clever, off-kilter scripts keep the story moving -- two of the script writers also worked on Chobits, while a third went on to do scripts/series composition for Sasami: Magical Girls Club and Vampire Knight.
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

/lv Love to watch any of Studio Ghibli movies over...over...over...over...over again...etc :messed

When I was a child, I always re-watching movie called "Allegro Non Troppo". One part of the movie I always cry -I'm not telling which part- just reminds about the a terrible incident from the past. Year ago or so, watched it again with the same bad feeling caming back to my heart. :cry: