Hakuouki

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

She annoys me because she doesn't do anything. She can defend herself but never does. So what if she's with all these strong guys who feel it's their duty to take care of her. There were times when she should have done something. And she's very indecisive. I don't yell at the computer when she's on screen but I don't feel anything for her. I kind of would feel sorry for any guy if they pair her with one of the guys. She's just not mature.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

I think that's just really the nature of the show due to it's roots. Consciously or not, the makers of the game probably didn't want to alienate any segment of their market. So they go the safest route possible. That's why the common complaint is that she's too "simple". I could see how this might fit in her not doing anything... One way I look at this show is, it's really the guys who are the stars of the series. BTW there is another Shinsengumi otomate game where the heroine is quite opposite and "actioney". The character designs are pretty but younger looking. Although honestly I think the producers always either err on the very safe side or the very risky side. Both can be annoying. But for me I don't tend to think of the girls... LOL. It's much more fun to focus on the guys. :emb
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

kizu wrote: but i guess Chizuru needs something to do....
Gah! She has plenty of things she can do - Hijikata, Heisuke, Saitou....

I would like to see one of the guys make some type of move on her in the second season. I'll settle just for a kiss. Really. I know I'd be frustrated playing an otomate where, after 6 hours(12 episodes..) none of the guys have done anything.
As for how the shinsegumi death thing is handled, I kept thinking that the series was trying to relay that by having each guy drink the ochimizu potion. By doing so, they are 'dead' , in a way. Although, I was kinda confused that the potion drinkers avoid sunlight, but they were all on the ship, in the daylight, when sending Susumu off.
And, I agree with everyone else...those boys do look pretty hot in western clothes.
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

Oh. LOL. The game itself has lots of kissing and the guys making moves. But of course for anime it's handled a bit differently.
I do think they're taking Hijikata's story line as little by little the important scenes for certain characters in the game was skipped. Also Hijikata is said to have the longest story line... Which I'm eagerly looking forward to due to Saitou.
As for the daylight bit, my understanding is that Rasetsu grow weaker when exposed to sunlight so they avoid it.