Post by Gonzai »

OMG - are you telling me there is new Skip Beat too?? 8O

Heads off to chek it out!! /thx
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Of course!

I'd never joke about Ren!

And, the next chapter looks like it'll be out after AX. So, something to look forward to.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Gonzai wrote:OMG - are you telling me there is new Skip Beat too?? 8O

Heads off to chek it out!! /thx
yes, but it's really short.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Ok, so what's up with Dattebayo?? You would think that
with them dropping Bleach, they would be able to get
Hakuouki done in a timely fashion, however, still nothing
for 11. I am already through 12 too. :hurt:
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

DB finally got it up! I was stalking their tracker too. :evil:

I'm glad there will be a 2nd season!
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

Yay! I finally got to watch ep 11. I think the story is flowing a lot more freely now. I wonder if it's because by this point they knew they'd have a second season and don't have to rush things as much as they've been doing. We're really seeing more of the story unfold now, less of those awkward fan service conversations. LOL. I can't wait to see the sub for the final episode. I'm still amazed at the historical detail they put into it... It's funny because this show defied the standard story of certain members being dead at certain points and yet stubbornly clings to incorporating as much historical detail as it can. BTW I'm no history nut but I just find it all so amusing. LOL. :woot:
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Well, y'all seem to already know about Saturday's announcement but here it is again because it's such good news. :D

Hakuoki

I'll be more excited once I've seen episode 12. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

DB finally subbed epsiode 12! Enjoy! 8)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
kizu

Post by kizu »

I can't wait for season two. Although I know it's going to be super depressing especially since one of my most favorite character is probably going to die early in the second series. /sob

But it's already so depressing that I'm not going to see
Inoue Genzaburou and Yamazaki Susumu anymore... /sob Although I kind of knew they'd follow history with Inoue's death and Susumu's death is similar as well (on that he died on the Fuji-san maru on their way to edo but instead of a back injury, he had an head/face injury). But I really liked Susumu in this one too... but i guess Chizuru needs something to do.... so...... Can I whine more???? /wah
I hope someone licenses series 1. I have a feeling Sentai might license it but I'm kind of wanting to see a dub come out and they don't do dubs.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Is anyone else frustrated by Chizuru in this series? She is too much the typical "anime" female who can't fend for herself and has to constantly be saved. /omg

I am glad there is another season, but I can see myself yelling at the screen alot again. :bwall
I was very depressed with Yamazaki Susumu death. I don't know the history, so I didn't expect him to jump in the middle of the fight. I also was upset when ToshizÅ
(")_(")domination.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Even some of the male viewers are complaining about Chizuru and her stance during confrontations. :D
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Ok, I have a question. In the previews for next season,
is it just me, or does it appear that Hijikata cuts off all
of his hair. 8O Have to admit, he looks pretty hot in those
western style clothes. 8)
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I've seen several images of him in the western clothing and it does appear that way.

<--------
(")_(")domination.
kizu

Post by kizu »

Gonzai.... :D Most if not all of them cut their hair... Hijikata did cut his hair in real life. If I recall correctly a samurai warrior cutting his hair (aside from shaving during his genpuku), is done when he has lost face or suffered defeat of some form. Hair was very important back then... Now the other side of the coin is, there were many warriors who cut off their hair including women when they joined the war. In this case there is a shift in traditional symbolism. It is almost like a cleansing or some form of determination so to speak.

Either way... I agree they all get hotter especially Saitou and Todou when it's gone... *squeal*
kizu

Post by kizu »

Actually I don't think Chizuru is that bad. I've seen really bad characterizations either of the damsel in distress type or the tomboy but still a girl type or the dominant female etc. I prefer Chizuru as she is the reason is that in this show it would be hard to make Chizuru anything else. I liked the fact that she doesn't run in episode 12, that she doesn't feel confident, she's not liked by all which means in a way she's not a Mary Sue. I think Chizuru can defend herself and is a silent strong type (one might disagree with me due her crying at times but I think her world is a little complicated and Shinsengumi stories are typically really sad)... However since this show is from an otomate game and she is surrounded by strong men, then she'll be saved most of the time. If I recall she wasn't afraid to stand up to Saitou and some other guys at one time. I don't think she's perfect but I do think they are doing a passable job. BTW I'm not too interested in Chizuru and don't really care who she gets paired up with but I think her characterization is good enough. I can't imagine the Shinsengumi tolerating a loud mouth or a damnsel in distress...