What do you think of these current shows?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

animeobsessed wrote:For Durarara, the first 6 or 7 episodes are character introductions and development. In the first episodes it does seem like a unique series with no really plot. The storyline doesn't start to surface until about episode 9 or 10 and then it keeps you guessing. There is really a lot going on in this anime, but b/c it involves around 8 to 10 of the characters it takes awhile for it show up. Nornally, I watch 3 episodes before I give up on a series, this one you have to get to at least episode 7.
Ah, i finally decided to watch again Durarara, and yep, you are right, it's a nice show, so many plots going on at the same time and so well put together to fit really well. I'm glad i watched it all.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru is the only show I'm watching that is current and I literally count the days to each new release. Positively loving it, it's the first show to get me excited in a while.

.....I should probably admit though is that the real draw to me is the shonen-ai implications, combined with the fact that it has an actual plot and good art. I find most series in that genre to be pretty plot-less and unsatisfying/boring. UraBoku’s reminding me a bit of Yami no Matsuei, which I really liked except that I felt like the show ended too soon. So how much I like it ultimately will rely heavily on how they end it. But in the meantime I’m riveted.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

darksuzaku wrote:
animeobsessed wrote:For Durarara, the first 6 or 7 episodes are character introductions and development. In the first episodes it does seem like a unique series with no really plot. The storyline doesn't start to surface until about episode 9 or 10 and then it keeps you guessing. There is really a lot going on in this anime, but b/c it involves around 8 to 10 of the characters it takes awhile for it show up. Nornally, I watch 3 episodes before I give up on a series, this one you have to get to at least episode 7.
Ah, i finally decided to watch again Durarara, and yep, you are right, it's a nice show, so many plots going on at the same time and so well put together to fit really well. I'm glad i watched it all.
I'm glad my summary prompted you to watch Durarara again and that you liked it.

As you can see by my avitar, Rainbow is a new favorite.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

animeobsessed wrote: I'm glad my summary prompted you to watch Durarara again and that you liked it.

he he, i dropped Rainbow :P after 20 episodes no less. I got tired of it, no chances for changing my mind this time ^_^
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

darksuzaku wrote:
animeobsessed wrote: I'm glad my summary prompted you to watch Durarara again and that you liked it.

he he, i dropped Rainbow :P after 20 episodes no less. I got tired of it, no chances for changing my mind this time ^_^
I admit the last few chapter are not like the first ones, but I would like to see how the series ends since there are only 26 episodes.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.