Spoiler: question regarding Ayashi no Ceres ep 16..

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Spoiler: question regarding Ayashi no Ceres ep 16..

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I decided to resume this after finished vision of escaflowne yesterday..but now I'm having a bit trouble recalling all the events from earlier eps even tho its only been about a week-_-" and ep 16 was quite the shock so I'm a bit confused on what the heck just happened here.

so basically I would like some help from other fans of this series to hopefully straight out this ep and maybe other eps if there connected, sorry I'm beyond dense for unknown reasons(guess even a kid can figure out whats going on but I'm having hard time swallowing).

my version: Suhara killed herself fot Aya to see in order to revenge her mother and due to some Major frustrations she had about Toya chose to protect Aya, also for some reason she didn't want to go through Toya to get to Aya..

is that right? is Toya that important to Suhara? what kinda of relationship did they really have and how did it start in the beginning? why didn't she just beat up Toya? is that she wasn't powerful enough or just her love for him? how did she begin to love Toya? isn't all the memories implanted into Toya fake?
oxypetalus
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: Spoiler: question regarding Ayashi no Ceres ep 16..

Post by oxypetalus »

MEGA SPOILER'S FOLLOW:
Other Ceres fans can correct me if I mess things up but here it goes. As you know, Miori Suhara hates Aya because Aya unintentionally killed Miori's mother early on in the series and ruined her life. Miori has celestial blood in her so Kagami Mikage takes advantage of this. He lets Miori have Touya in exchange for her cooperation with him. Miori originally wanted Touya because he was Aya's. That was her way of hurting Aya. Touya has false memories implanted in his head and is confused. He stays with Miori while tries to recoup. While spending time with Touya, Miori eventually falls in love with him but is frustrated because he doesn't really love her back. She fell in love with him because she thought they were similar in that they were both very lonely (no family etc). She thought she could make Touya happy. Towards the end of the episode Touya remembers Aya and goes back to protect her from Miori. This really pisses Miori off. In her final act or revenge she kills throws herself off the building to kill herself but has a small bit of happiness when she sees Touya run to a balcony to try to stop her.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

alright thats a pretty through explanation thanks oxypetalus! I can remember now most of what you've mentioned. all except the part where Miori saw Touya was with Aya, didn't that first happen around Aya's birthdate? or did Touya always looked after Aya in the dark even before she turned 16? I thought Touya lived alone..but if Touya was with Miori before he lived alone then was the memories of him with Miori still fake? the timing is a bit wired. if Miori fell in love with Touya before he and Aya met then Miori couldn't have really chosen to take care of Touya because of the relationship he had with Aya right? so chose to take care of Touya couldn't really have been part of Miori's revenge plan I think since she only wanted revenge after Aya turned 16 and killed her mother and also Touya only became part of the revenge plan and was given to Miori's care after she saw Touya and Aya together..I think?

in any case Miori must've known that Aya is a softy, otherwise killing herself in front of Aya wouldn't really do anything it would just mean she killed both mother and doughter..but then if knowing that she should've thought that everything was accident and Aya didn't do it consciously or more like its ceres's fault for awakening and she should try to kill ceres instead but instead she called Aya out...ugh..school days made so much more sense 8)
oxypetalus
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by oxypetalus »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:alright thats a pretty through explanation thanks oxypetalus! I can remember now most of what you've mentioned. all except the part where Miori saw Touya was with Aya, didn't that first happen around Aya's birthdate? or did Touya always looked after Aya in the dark even before she turned 16? I thought Touya lived alone..but if Touya was with Miori before he lived alone then was the memories of him with Miori still fake? the timing is a bit wired. if Miori fell in love with Touya before he and Aya met then Miori couldn't have really chosen to take care of Touya because of the relationship he had with Aya right? so chose to take care of Touya couldn't really have been part of Miori's revenge plan I think since she only wanted revenge after Aya turned 16 and killed her mother and also Touya only became part of the revenge plan and was given to Miori's care after she saw Touya and Aya together..I think?

in any case Miori must've known that Aya is a softy, otherwise killing herself in front of Aya wouldn't really do anything it would just mean she killed both mother and doughter..but then if knowing that she should've thought that everything was accident and Aya didn't do it consciously or more like its ceres's fault for awakening and she should try to kill Ceres instead but instead she called Aya out...ugh..school days made so much more sense 8)
Errrr.... Miori wasn't at Aya's b-day but Miori's mom was there, that's why she got killed when Cere's awakened. This ruined Miori's life (her mother was all she used to have but now she was all alone) so from then on she wanted to get revenge.

At some point Touya chooses to give up his "memories" (i.e. leave the Mikage corp and Kagami) in order to be with Aya. Aya, Yuuhi, Suzumi, Q-chan and Touya are traveling around Japan to see if they can refresh Touya's memories and they're searching for tips about the hagoromo. It was probably Kagami who told Miori about how Touya and Aya were together since he's always spying on her and what not. Aya transfers to a new school where Miori also goes. They meet and Miori tells her a story about her long lost boyfriend who had amnesia or memory problems (which is a totally fake story!). When Miori sees Touya she pretends that he's her long lost boyfriend. Touya gets confused and stressed and almost? gets hit by a car. Miori yells at Aya saying something like look at what you've caused. Leave Touya alone, he's mine not yours. Meanwhile Miori takes Touya home and shows him fake photo albums of them together which were probably made up by Kagami. I don't remember when the fake memories got implanted.. maybe after he (almost?) got hit by the car? Anyway, after the fake memories are implanted in Touya, he doesn't remember Aya or Yuuhi anymore. Miori tells everyone to leave Touya alone from now on because he needs to remember "his past." Aya is of course super depressed and heart-broken and chops off her hair etc. This is when Miori falls in love with Touya.

I don't remember why but Miori at some point decides to or is told by Kagami to kill Ceres/Aya so she attacks her. Meanwhile Touya has been having headaches while trying to remember his real memories about being with Aya and has returned to Kagami. Touya can tell there's something wrong. He finds out or sees Miori attacking Aya. He runs over to protect Aya and this disappoints Miori . This is when she decides to commit suicide. I guess she's hoping that this will psychologically screw with Aya's mind. I imagine her thinking something like this in her mind: "Look at what you drove to me to Aya..you killed my mother and ruined my life and now I'll kill myself so you'll always remember the horrible things you did to me"
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

ah lol now I can totally understand what happened. heh this series got a pretty interesting plot and I'm gonna give it more credit than vision of escaflowne for being able to confuse me yet making me carious enough to find out whats going on :D man I wonder if Miori would grow up to be a potential yandere if she lived 8) definitely an awesome char in my book.

thanks alot oxypetalus :)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Since you seem to have a grasp of it now, I'll just add this one bit. It's one of my favorite lines spoken by Aki.

"It's a simple equation. Aya equals migraine."

So Toya's struggles were actually a block Kagami added to Toya's memories that if he tried to remember Aya instead of thinking about Miori then he would get a migraine. The theory being that Toya would stop trying to remember and just naturally fall for Miori.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

duotrouble wrote:The theory being that Toya would stop trying to remember and just naturally fall for Miori.
which is what should've happend!!