Strongest Anime Character From Any Universe?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Strongest Anime Character From Any Universe?

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

Hi everyone,

Thought this would be cool as I don't recall seeing a topic like this around before but I could be wrong.

Who in your opinion is likely to be the most powerful anime character in history. Try to give as many reasons as you can.

I'm going to go first and say Super-Saiyan 4 Gogeta from DBGT for a couple of reasons.

Omega Shenron was by far and away the strongest character to appear in the Dragonball Universe up until Gogeta, when double teamed by SS4 Goku and Vegeta, they didn't give him too much trouble.

SS4 Gogeta was so ridiculously powerful when he appeared he made him look like a weakling and his attacks did no more than tickle his chest. It's hard to put in perspective how strong and fast he was but the viewer couldn't even see him move; and he knocked Omega back basically by flicking his eyes at him.

Even late in DBZ all the characters were insanely strong, When Goku first went SS3 for example the transformation nearly shook the earth away and his power could be felt all the way to the Supreme Kai Planet which was on the far end of the universe.

SS4 is much, much stronger than SS3 and Gogeta is pretty much in a league of his own compared to any other DB/Z/GT character nobody could physically hurt or catch him if Omega couldn't.

It's my understanding that his only weakness is the Fusion lasts only 10 minutes instead of the usual 30 because of his power but if he was serious I think he would only need 10 minutes. We never saw him serious and he had the time of his life playing with Omega Shenron so that's my opinion that in terms of raw power and speed nobody could touch him.

Any others? :-)
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

That's actually really easy. Ken out of Fist of the North Star wins everytime.

Firstly the guy takes buildings falling on his head in his stride.

Secondly He's a cross between Bruce Lee and Mad Max. Which means he's so tough there is actually no words in all of language that can define the level of buffness this guy has attained.

Next he's so skill he can make people explode just by touching them.

He has a beard at various points. Defining characteristing of the true tough case. Worked for Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson therefore it works for Ken.

Like all real hard cases he has scars. They look like bullet wounds, but were infact caused by Shin pushing his fingers into him when he stole his fiance of him. He's then post this lobbed of a cliff and yet of course can still come back and dish out the vengence.

So yeah that's my case for Ken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hokut ... nkobon.jpg
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Captain Haddock wrote:That's actually really easy. Ken out of Fist of the North Star wins everytime.

Firstly the guy takes buildings falling on his head in his stride.

Secondly He's a cross between Bruce Lee and Mad Max. Which means he's so tough there is actually no words in all of language that can define the level of buffness this guy has attained.

Next he's so skill he can make people explode just by touching them.

He has a beard at various points. Defining characteristing of the true tough case. Worked for Chuck Norris and Charles Bronson therefore it works for Ken.

Like all real hard cases he has scars. They look like bullet wounds, but were infact caused by Shin pushing his fingers into him when he stole his fiance of him. He's then post this lobbed of a cliff and yet of course can still come back and dish out the vengence.

So yeah that's my case for Ken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hokut ... nkobon.jpg
What can I say more ! :D

From a martial expert point of view energy projection appearing in Dragon Ball are not existing and consider as fantasy fiction while technics to paralyse or damage a guy or even to kill him with just some pressure points are known for ages. "Raoh" sounds to be the most serious stuff/character on a realistic point of view (ok ok I know this is anime but there are similar technics), while "Songoku" appear to be the hardest on a fictionnal point of view (and yeah, even being a fan of the big dipper, I may admit that I don't think that "Kenshiro" would blow up a planet or a solar system with only his fingers). I'd maybe add a bonus character from SF2 movie : "M. Bison", this guy hits hard uses voodoo teleport and just to make social networking added some iron plates on his bootlegs, ain't he a good stuff ? :D
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Anyone who is based off the greatest fighter that ever lived (Bruce Lee) is pretty cool and deserves massive respect lol :D but, I couldn't see anything on that list that could really compare to anything even weak DB character's seem to do for fun.

Didn't Goku as a child take a bullet to the head and it came off him like nothing and he didn't have a scracth?

Also, weren't Saiyan babies said to be strong enough to wipe out the whole population of Earth (hence why Goku was sent there) by themselves?

DB fighters are routinely knocked through buildings and it's nothing to them, even Goku in his base form was shown to be able to lift many, many tons and Raditz (nothing to SS4 Gogeta) caught a bullet with his hands at close range.

I honestly think someone like SSJ4 Gogeta could handle hime without even physically toching him.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Honestly, I don't know if there are some existing anime that are comparable to Dragon Ball system of force increasing, with building breaking and planet exploding... :?

Do we consider hand fight without weapon / ammonition ? If we don't, maybe mechanised armors would rivalise a bit... Like mad Tetsuo in Akira movie, turning to an uncontroled flesh and energy festival calmed down a bit by a satellite raylight launcher.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

To Iceman - You can try and think of anything you can to make it seem a bit more fair if you want, sure.

Ken is strong but could he realistically match up to Goku even? When Goku can do things like push mountains apart with his bare hands and is a true master of martial arts and a master of fighting in general.

Ken would need to physically see Goku but Goku wouldn't (he can even beat his opponent just by sensing vibrations in the air and without seeing them like when he fought Yakon)

Even in terms of sheer brute strength I could see Goku winning with all the crazy things he has done and I was talking about SSJ4 Gogeta who is in a totally other league of his own even compared to the strongest DB characters. Could Ken's punches really hurt him?

That's even if he could get close enough to him to hit him. Omega Shenron couldn't even hit him and Gogeta was just playing.
Last edited by Strictly-Dragonball on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Strictly-Dragonball wrote:To Iceman - You can try and think of anything you can to make it seem a bit more fair if you want, sure.

Ken is strong but could he realistically match up to Goku even? When Goku can do things like push mountains apart with his bare hands and is a true master of martial arts and a master of fighting in general.

Ken would need to physically see Goku but Goku wouldn't (he can even beat his opponent just by sensing vibrations in the air and without seeing them like when he fought Yakon)

Even in terms of sheer brute strength I could see Goku winning with all the crazy things he has done and I was talking about SSJ4 Gogeta who is in a totally other league of his own even compared to the strongest DB characters. Good Ken's punches really hurt him?

That's even if he could get close enough to him to hit him. Omega Shenron couldn't even hit him and Gogeta was just playing.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Sorry for double post :)
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

It seems the Japanese believe Son Goku to be the strongest and ultimate hero usually. There are many surveys for things like that and Goku is pretty much always voted number 1. Kenshiro is there too but always below Goku:

This one:

http://en.gigazine.net/index.php?/news/ ... character/

Here:

http://www.animevice.com/news/a-survey- ... ters/2741/

And this one in which apparantly 10.000 people voted:

http://my.mmosite.com/da1c3bcd524b83561 ... a24cf.html

Goku is there but again I can't see anyone beating Gogeta but it would be interesting to find anyone who could.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Ok while I do agree with what your saying I'm going to argue anyway just because it will amuse me.

While I've not seen Ken push a mountain apart, Raoh does boot a guy made out of steel through a (perhaps even several) mountain(s). As Ken later takes repeated blows from Raoh that's the level of punishment he's taking and dishing. So yeah I don't think mountains would be a major biggee for Ken.

Well Ken does possess strange subsonic senses, at one point he's laying buried and this girl screems with a subsconic keen (Iceman will give you the name I've not seen it in ages). Now this not only wakes Ken, but in the act of unburying himself he demolishes half a ruined town just with his general aura of buffness permeating the air. So he'd be fine sensing Goku in other words.

Thirdly between him and Raoh battling it out at the culmination of the movie they do manage to demolish a city in the process. So big isn't a problem either. Planetary big, debatable but certainly not off the table.

Goku taking a bullet to the head is impressive I'll grant you that. But remember Ken wasn't injured by bullets, he was injred by Shin using the Fist of the South Star (Sacred Fist of the South Dipper) technique. And like I said he has scars, like any good hardcase should.

Lastly you haven't properly addressed the Lee + Mad Max x Norris equation. My god if you could combine those three in real life you'd be obliterating reality just by absent mindedly flexing a pec.
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Cool but I don't even think the Max/Norris combination is needed to get across the martial arts prowess of anyone when you mention Bruce Lee lol :)

It wasn't just his martial arts skill, it was a number of things, his immense physical fitness and insane speed. His punching speed was crazy and he was just as powerful as he was fast.

What I like about Lee rather than any other real life fighter is the spiritual aura about him. He was just so knowledgeable about what he did.

I remember Chuck Norris himself admitting that he wouldn't beat Bruce and that nobody would beat him.

I know when he filmed scenes for Enter the Dragon and he kicked his opponent into an extra who was supposed to catch him, he kicked the guy so hard the guy who caught him broke his arm.

Too bad he passed away before his greatness was realised on a global level, but he is an international icon.

Once saw some original martial arts drawings (with notes) all done by Lee and signed also come to market with an asking price of £100,000 8O
Last edited by Strictly-Dragonball on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

From a martial expert point of view energy projection appearing in Dragon Ball are not existing and consider as fantasy fiction while technics to paralyse or damage a guy or even to kill him with just some pressure points are known for ages
There's no such thing as pressure points that paralyze or kill people. Dim mak is bs.

Except, maybe this guy is on to something...
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

I personally think Goku would beat Kenshiro but some may disagree but I think anyone can agree he wouldn't stand a chance against Gogeta at Super-Saiyan 4, it must be a totally different class of fighter.

How would he handle someone crazy like Kid Buu who would quite happily go from planet to planet blowing them up and re-forming until he destroyed Ken?

Kid Buu has a kill count in the billions thanks to the years he was free unconrolled before Bibidi sealed him away. Surely the ultimate instrument of destruction?
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Nuff said...

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

And don't forget these guys... No one can flip out like them.

http://www.realultimatepower.net/

It's not about just getting across Ken's martial prowess it's also about trying to find some means of defining the general limits of the mans buffulance. Of course I could have just said Bruce Lee, but Bruce psycho buff as he was didn't have the trademark Chuck beard. So does lose points there. Also he didn't have the whole wasteland wanderer thing going down hence the Mad Max bit. This was why I felt it neccessary to factor in a combination of all these 3 to demonstrate correctly all the different facets of hardness Ken has going down.

Sorry didn't pick up on your second post, SD. The galactic toughness thing is a tough one to beat I do have to concede that.
Last edited by Captain Haddock on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Chuck Norris speaking to Bruce Lee about the fight scene Bruce wants to do with him in his film.

Chuck "So Bruce who wins this fight?"

Bruce "Well I do I'm the star of this film"

Chuck "Oh I see, so you wanna' beat the world champion?"

Bruce "No of course not, I want to KILL the world chamption"

LOL classic, one real fight everyone would want to see, Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris is a legend though.

CH do you think Ken would beat Kid Buu or god forbid SSJ4 Gogeta
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister