Fall 2010 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Oh well. Not yet. :)

The video previews should be interesting. The only video of any kind that I've seen so far has been the Yosuga no Sora, Ore Imouto and The World God Only Knows videos. I hope the seiyuu doing Keima can sound at least a fraction as cool as Jun Fukuyama does when he does his deep voice. :D

I think that Yosuga no Sora promo video I seen gave away too much. I suppose they might also pull in people that are into that sort of storyline however. :P
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Thanks for sharing, as usual, keropi! :)

I'll be watching the 2nd season of Hakuoki and Psychic Detective Yakumo. Togainu no Chi looks interesting too.

I stared watching Letter Bee this weekend, so I'll probably just dl Reverse to watch afterwards. Unless Crunchyroll gets it too, in which case I'll just stream.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm kind of hoping that DB doesn't lead the way again doing the second season of Hakuoki. Whoever encoded it did it so it doesn't work easily with Media Player Classic, Windows Media Player and CCCP.

The only way I could see the video was to see it streamed. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Okay, NOW it's finally there (Random Curiosity season preview):

http://randomc.net/2010/09/20/fall-2010-preview/

Boy...he put quite a lot of commentary under each show. That must have taken a LONG time to dig up.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Hmm...looks like the Yosuga no Sora anime is going to be ecchier than I thought. Ah...well, not like I'm not used to that kind of thing or anything, but the anime makers seems to be dwelling on the ecchi stuff as opposed to how the manga handled things. Must be trying to drive up the ratings/sales.

That Star Driver anime was pretty over-the-top. Not sure I'm going to be able to get into that one. :P

EDIT:

So I guess it's not a faithful game story adaption after all. That's why they're showing all these ecchi mental scenes. :roll:
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The current anime "Togainu no Chi" came from a BL game if anyone is interested in that kind of thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqw0Tndf_EY
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Has anyone seen a subbed version of Hakuouki Hekketsu-Roku (second season). The raw has been out since Oct 4th, but I have yet to see a english subbed version. X|
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I heard somewhere DB was going to sub it, AO. However, there could be other groups working on it. *fingers crossed* It's not that I don't think DB does a good job. I'm just sick of their attitude and would rather watch it from someone else. It plays just fine for me. I have troubles with Chirho (sp?) subs. I've never gotten them to work on any player so I had to finish Asura Cryin 2 online. Of course, the big problem you're running into is the kids have to do their homework first before subbing the anime. :wink:

I've dl'd most of the new series I said I would try but haven't had any time to watch yet. :roll:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

animeobsessed wrote:Has anyone seen a subbed version of Hakuouki Hekketsu-Roku (second season). The raw has been out since Oct 4th, but I have yet to see a english subbed version. X|
I didn't even know it came out yet. It's confusing reading all the different file name spellings that have come out lately. I haven't seen it yet myself, but it's not one of those shows I feel comfortable about watching without subtitles. I would miss too much and definitely have to rewatch it.

If it keeps going on though I'll probably watch it raw because I can't wait forever to be able to read the subtitles (if DB's are unviewable again).
duotrouble wrote:I've dl'd most of the new series I said I would try but haven't had any time to watch yet. :roll:
Hmm...I can't recommend Yosuga no Sora any more since the anime producers have gone their own way and decided to turn the game's story into an ecchifest. It's very likely going to be that way all the way through til the end of the series. :(
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

Argh! Someone sub Hakuouki S2 already! :bawl

I don't want to be crying about how no one has subbed it yet (although Ruri fansubs and DB are supposedly subbing it)...

There's so many other reasons to cry about...

Don't read this spoiler unless you truly want to be spoiled... DON'T READ!!!
Like how each one meets their end... What's going to happen to Nagakura? Sanosuke? Especially my favorite Kondou (who I'm almost certain will die in the next few episodes) and I have NO idea how they're going to handle Saitou considering in the game the Hijikata storyline had him dying off... Of course they might not go this route... They might not go "game" route or "history" route... It looks like Hijikata is the route they're taking but will they let Hijikata live or kill him off? I'm not sure what will give off a better feeling (all? none? one?)... I'm DYING HERE!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Somehow I missed the Ruri Hakuouki file two days ago. At least the first episode is out now.

That recap episode makes it more difficult to find.
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

Yeah I watched it and the episode 2 raw... I can't wait for the sub of ep 2 (KONDOU-SAN!!!) and can't wait for ep 3 raw!!!!

I'm liking season 2 quite a lot. They finally got a better pace going I believe. Although quite honestly I think this was supposed to be a 24 episode anime from the beginning. It was probably one of those things where if it did well enough by 11 episodes, they'd order the rest... :)

Either way, I don't care someone is finally going beyond Ikedaya!!! And some of the more important parts are finally being shown in anime (although they seemed to have skipped over the whole abandonment of the Shogun Yoshinobu of his men (including the Shinsengumi) at Osaka at least they mentioned it and they also mentioned Katsu's disapproval of the war and his ministrations that had put the Shinsengumi at a disadvantage). I've only seen stories beyond Ikedaya happen in j-drama.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Aha! So each "Yosuga no Sora" character story will be separate from each other. Things are making more sense.

Not sure if I'm going to like it this was or not. I'll see how it goes. In the very least it should work out better than Amagami's omnibus format because Amagami's character stories were not as good as Yosuga no Sora's. Or at least that's how it appears to me.

Now they can have story endings for all/most of the female game cast.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Keropi wrote:Aha! So each "Yosuga no Sora" character story will be separate from each other. Things are making more sense.

Not sure if I'm going to like it this was or not. I'll see how it goes. In the very least it should work out better than Amagami's omnibus format because Amagami's character stories were not as good as Yosuga no Sora's. Or at least that's how it appears to me.

Now they can have story endings for all/most of the female game cast.
I read on MAL that as you say, Yosuga no Sora is going to have an omnibus format like Amigami.... For now i'm liking Amigami much more (with Ai's arc being my favorite for now). In any case, i like omnibus formats, too bad the arcs are very short.

I see that YnS is going to be of the "fanservice style" of anime (amigami barely has some, and done tastefully). In any case, that sex (yeah, sex, not fanservice) scene at the end of episode 4 was really not needed, and the same applies for a few seconds of the footage of episode 3, i'm sure you know which ones ^^.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, they're having an Omnibus vs Unified structure discussion on AnimeSuki right now. For me though I don't see much of a difference. Sure, the omnibus format makes the romance stories feel rushed in comparison to the unified stucture. That's to be expected. That's something I don't like about it. On the other hand, some of my favorite ren'ai game story adaptions have been very short - one episode each in Suika and 3 episodes total/roughly one episode per character in ONE ~ True Stories.

So really when it comes down to it, it's not so much what format the stories are told, it's how good the original stories were to begin with. A mediocre story is going to be mediocre regardless of what format it is. It can be improved somewhat by the anime producers, but it'll never become very good unless they alter the screenplay.

In terms of getting more complete stories though I'm all for omnibus formats. They can turn out to be the most similar to how the games originally went.

And yeah, that SEX at the end of the fourth episode was not necessary. I don't see the point in putting that into a TV adaption. In fact, for this type of story it wasn't needed at all.

I like Amagami SS, but the stories feel too shallow to me. I guess I prefer more drama in my romances. I don't want as much drama as "Kimi no Iru Machi" manga (after chapters 70-75 or so) though because that would just annoy me to no end. At that point I stop caring for the characters and the story feels like a big depressing drag. :roll:

EDIT:

Too bad...I got spoiled on how Ore no Imouto episode 5 is going to go. :(