Fall 2010 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Okay, I finally found some time to start the new series. Here's my opinions so far.

Ore no Imoto ga Konnani Kawaii Wakeganai - I can't believe I like this series. From the title, it's sounds like something I'd hate. The description made it sound better. In all honesty though, I dl'd the first episode by mistake thinking it was something else. (I got confused with all the new Japanese titles. I thought I was grabbing Otome Yokai Zakuro. Oops! X| ) I laughed hysterically during it so I dl'd the other 3. I'm still laughing so it's one I'll keep up with. I usually don't like slice of life but the way it digs into "otaku" people is too funny. Yes, sadly some people do get too into it. :rollin

Hakuouki S2 - I can sum this up with one word - boring. I'll keep watching for the pretty bishie factor. Other than that, I lost interest in this series at the end of the first season. The whole oni storyline is too far-fetched for me to take with the rest of the alleged plotline. Strongly earning a 6 out of 10 from me.

Togainu no Chi - I've only seen the first episode so far but I'm loving it. I'm interested to see how far each individual will take the game. And does everyone have to die for there to be a winner or is it just the drug boss? I got confused on that since my dl'd glitched right there. X| This one is certainly holding my interest right now.

Psychic Detective Yakumo - Has anyone seen this fansubbed or does it go by another name? I've been looking for it but haven't found it yet.

Yosuga no Sora - It's dl'd but I ran out of time for viewing. I hope to get started on this series this weekend. I'm keeping an open mind.

Otome Yokai Zakuro - And if you read the first series, then you'll know I finally got this one dl'd but haven't had time to watch to get an opinion. This weekend will be filled with anime and spooky Halloween themed movies. Can't wait! 8)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

Psychic Detective Yakumo - Has anyone seen this fansubbed or does it go by another name? I've been looking for it but haven't found it yet.
Shinrei Tantei Yakumo is the title I've seen the subs under :)

Strangely my favorite of the new season so far is Otome Youkai Zakuro, the story's just fun and the majority of the character's are very much loveable :D

I like Psychic Detective Yakumo, but I'm a little undecided as to how I feel about the direction it's taken vs it's manga counterpart.
The manga version didn't have the white haired baddy :^^:
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I wasn't too much into the first two episodes of Otome Yokai Zakuro, but I liked the third and fourth episodes. Some shows take longer to warm up to. I wasn't so much into the first three episodes of Yakumo either, but I liked the fourth episode more.

So the Yakumo manga is different from the anime eh? That's interesting.

I read that the Yosuga no Sora anime is going like this:

Kazuha's story - Ep 1,2,3,4 - SEX in the fourth episode. :roll:
Akira's story - Ep 1,2,5,6 - Probably SEX here too X|
Nao's story - Ep 1,7,8,9 - More SEX I bet :O
Sora's story - Ep 1,7,10,11,12 - Even More SEX. 8O

Who the heck is Nao?
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Well, lets see, from the ones that i was expecting to watch:

Psychic Detective Yakumo -> For now the guy who can see spirits keeps being interesting, but i don't expect the series to grow on me.

Togainu no Chi -> I should have dropped this one on the first episode. Don't know why i endured 3 episodes.

Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls -> Yeah, Keropi was right, i ended dropping this one but it took 4 episodes. A series made only for fanservice.

Yosuga no Sora -> Still interested in this one. I love romances, but the cheap sex scenes definitely detract the value of this adaptation.

My little sister can't be this cute -> The sister being an otaku thing doesn't seem to give for much more. Not sure how things will go. Will keep watching.

MM! -> If i have not dropped this thing yet is because i hope there's some kind of romance development between the guy and the shy girl. But if it doesn't happen soon i'll end up dropping it.

Fortune Arterial -> For now looks like the typical harem series with some vampires in the mix... Will keep watching for now....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other series that i'm watching that didn't notice when they were announced:

Otome Youkai Zakuro -> Interesting these half spirits girls. If they keep the romance side of it i'll probably enjoy it.

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru -> The main girl looks interesting, and that seiyuu voice fits her perfectly.... but i'm not sure if it will be enough to keep my interest.....

Star Driver -> mmm, not sure why i'm still wathing this thing. The Pretty Boy Bishounen thing gives me the creeps.... But the girl is lovely..... very difficult to balance if i like the series or not. I'll probably drop it.

The World God Only Knows -> Watching it, has many hard to notice jokes, specially for game fans, but not sure if the plot of making all the girls to fall in love with him and then forgrt everything is going to be interesting for very long.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

crackpot27 wrote:
Shinrei Tantei Yakumo is the title I've seen the subs under :)
Thank you so much! :D I'll look for it this weekend.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It's still early, but I'd say the shows I'm most into at this early point are Letter Bee Reverse, Ore no Imouto, MM!, Yosuga no Sora, World God Only knows, Hakuouki, Yakumo and Samurai Girls.

The Fortune Arterial manga was pretty fluffy so I'm not expecting a lot from the anime. They seem to have improved some things compared to the manga however. Zakuro I'm growing to like more. Iron Man is okay. Star Driver is mainly interesting me because of the character dynamics.

I liked the first two episodes of Otoshimono 2, but I'm not into the humor of the third and fourth episodes. Ika Musume is somewhat amusing, but those squid ink jokes kind of grossed me out. :D

Milky Holmes is actually becoming somewhat funny to me now (it's a comedic farce). And I don't expect to like Index II.
crackpot27
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

So the Yakumo manga is different from the anime eh? That's interesting.

Different from the version I read, there are two manga adaptions and I've only read one, so I suppose the anime could be following the other :^^:
The one I read followed a plotline similar to Ghost Hunt. There was no main antagonist, instead it followed the characters through a series of cases which didn't really connect with one another except in that it added to the characters growth through the series.
My only real complaint with the anime so far is Haruka, her character just doesn't seem to do or express much in the series. She's developing as the series goes, but she seemed to have more of a presence in the manga :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I know some people hate it when people compare the manga to the anime. But sometimes you really feel like explaining these things because often the two mediums come off feeling very differently. I might like one and not the other.
darksuzaku wrote:The World God Only Knows -> Watching it, has many hard to notice jokes, specially for game fans, but not sure if the plot of making all the girls to fall in love with him and then forgrt everything is going to be interesting for very long.
I don't think you're going to be watching that very long either. :D

The manga wasn't even that interesting to ME at that point. I liked it more later on, but it took awhile to grow on me. I much prefer where the manga is now.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Oh...I forgot to say Tantei Opera Milky Holmes episode 5 did a Nausicaa and Laputa parody. The Nausicaa parody was very easy to recognize, but I did not recognize the Laputa parody.

The storyboarding is very similar to the Laputa scenes:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost3325817

But those scenes are not set in my mind enough to remember it from seeing those. It was so long ago when I last seen it.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I still can't see DB's Hakuouki videos. I wonder what they do differently that I can't see their videos? I can hear them, but can't see them.

Oh well...back to watching it streamed. I still have to catch up anyway seeing as how I've only watched the first two episodes of the second season. I'm falling behind again.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I am totally disappointed with Hakuouki season 2 thus far.
I think the artwork has taken a dive, and the storyline seems
to be all over the place. I know they are only 6 pisodes into
it, but I hope the second half of the season gets better than
the first. :tongue
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

From the series I listed earlier, I am watching all of them. Here are my thoughts so far:

Letter Bee Reverse - I still enjoy this one even though the character I like the most has lost his memory and become "evil".

Hakuouki - I liked the 1st season much more than the 2nd so far, but I'm still watching it.

Togainu no Chi - This one keeps me interested as to what is going to happen next. Up until ep 6, I thought Keisuke was annoying - like a lost puppy, but that changed in this ep. So I'll have to keep watching it.

Psychic Detective Yakumo - The main character and possible love story keep me interested, beside the mystery man in the background. There's more to the story....I hope they get to it soon.

Yosuga no Sora - Not sure why I'm still watching this one especially after ep 5. I don't see a real storyline other than the "fanservice".

Otome Youkai Zakuro - I have to agree this one grows on you. The first 2 episodes I wasn't sure I was going to continue it, but after ep 3 it's much better and look forward to the next episodes.

"A Certain Magical Index - still watching the 1st season "To Aru Majutsu no Index"

The series that started last season this is still going is probably one of my favorites of this group - The Legend of the Legendary Heroes or Denstsu no Yuushu no Denstsu.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I rather like Otome Yokai Zakuro now.

But my favorite watch right now is "Legend of Legendary Heroes". It has a lot of things going for it. I find the dango and "dangerous beast" jokes a little tiresome and overplayed, but most of the rest of it I find quite enjoyable. It has a number of sad, tragic and thoughtful moments to it.

And...I've fallen behind on Letter Bee also. Certain shows are easier to keep up with than others.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Keropi wrote: But my favorite watch right now is "Legend of Legendary Heroes". It has a lot of things going for it. I find the dango and "dangerous beast" jokes a little tiresome and overplayed, but most of the rest of it I find quite enjoyable. It has a number of sad, tragic and thoughtful moments to it.
<------- *points to avitar of Sion*

You said way better than I did...I totally agree! :)
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
kizu

Post by kizu »

I'm only watching Hakuouki right now. Don't have time to watch any others. Unlike what others said here I think Hakuouki S2 is better than S1. I suppose I like seeing the new design and I think the animation is much more consistent. Story wise I think it's also more improved but I'm watching with a bit more background than most so how the series is handling it's storyline versus what I know seems pretty congruent to me, downright fascinating. It actually fared better than how I expected them to handle a pretty messed up war (less info, more scattered logistics) :) I love seeing Ootori animated as well, if there was a downside, I'm not much into the whole Chizuru and Hijikata relationship thing... But the treatment of Kondou, Okita, Harada, Nagakura even Hijikata seems solid to me, though the pacing still feels harassed (much less so however compared to the 1st season).