Kuroshitsuji Season 2, Final episode

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Goldknight
RULER

Kuroshitsuji Season 2, Final episode

Post by Goldknight »

Did anyone else watch it? I'm curious about your thoughts of the storyline. Do you also read the manga?
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Not much of this is a spoiler, but used the box anyway. I didn't expect the ending so it was a nice twist. I'm not sure if they both like the outcome, but I think they will make the best of it. It appears to be the true end of the anime, but so did season 1. I'm not reading the manga so I don't know if that continues....ususally they do
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Soooo need to get caught up! I'm trying so hard to avoid the spoilers!

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I haven't been reading the manga either so I'm curious if the series has followed it. If so then does the story continue?
I can't believe I actually feel sorry for Sebastian!!! :rollin I mean what is wrong with me? I love Ciel & Sebastian. Not only that, but why did Ciel have to leave everyone? If Sebastian is going to still serve him then I don't get it? Will they both be searching for souls to eat now? I'm glad that Ciel ended being "saved"....sort of.....but now the dynamic is even stranger. :P Poor Sebastian. :emb Then there's Alois who I hated the entire time and he ended up being a great guy after all. :sweatdrop ....again....sort of..... :P
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

Yuri-chan
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Yuri-chan »

Goldknight wrote:I haven't been reading the manga either so I'm curious if the series has followed it. If so then does the story continue?

I can answer this, since I am following the manga and have for... 2 years now I think. I haven't seen one episode yet of the anime though, but I have followed summaries of it, so I understand the general gist of it.
No, the series hasn't really followed the manga much at all. Not one bit in the second series, that I can see, but the first series did follow it in some ways. The 'Jack the Ripper Arc' is one example and though I see Grell has appeared many more times in the anime, he has only been referenced in the manga. 'The Curry Arc' with Prince Soma and Agni is another manga arc in both. I am sad the finished 'Circus Arc' hasn't been adapted yet, I thought for sure the second series would have had that.

Curiously, the anime has 'foreshadowed or alluded to' major manga events, such as... the servants being like assassins & Undertaker being a Shinigami {though we haven't had anything more than the author's confirmation on that} So, all the stuff with Angela, and Queen Victoria in Series 1 just isn't there. I think it's almost easier to think of them as two separate things in the end. There is a little more detail in the manga as to what Sebastian is though, and his tie with Ciel.

If you, or anyone else has any further questions on the manga or differences between it and the anime, I'll be happy to answer them. I just hope I haven't been confusing in my explanation and that it's helpful. ^.^
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Thanks for the info Yuri! It does answer my question. I was tempted to read the manga, but I'm so pleased with the closure of the anime. :emb I may still cave though. :sweatdrop