Spring 2011 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Spring 2011 Anime Season

Post by duotrouble »

I figure I'll start this one. Here's the grid. What does everyone think?

2011 Spring Anime Season
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I was interested in Moshidora and I had it on my Plan To Watch list. But I forgot it doesn't start until March so I deleted it because I didn't want it sitting there for so long.

I guess I'll watch the second season of Kampfer though my expectations will be extremely low. At least there's Shizuku to look forward to.

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai -- guess I'll watch that too since it's based off a Navel game.

World God Only Knows 2nd season -- I'll watch that even though the story doesn't get much better until around where the manga is now. That would be a ?Fourth season of it.

Maria Holic Alive -- I'll try to watch this too...with low expectations since I wasn't too much into the first season.

Lotte no Omocha -- I'll attempt to watch it even though I lost any interest that I had in the manga. I probably won't be able to finish it.

Steins Gate -- might be interesting, but I don't know much about it other than a couple chapters of the spin off manga.

Hana-Saku Iroha -- I'll probably try it.

Hidan no Aria -- The manga started out cliche, but it's starting to get a little interesting now so I'll try this.

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi -- I'll try this.

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko -- I'll check this out.

The others I'm either not interested in or it's too hard to say if I'll watch them yet because I have too little to go on. I don't see anything for me to get majorly excited over, but...it might be a decent season for me.
Blaster
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Blaster »

So Appleseed is finally getting it's TV series? I will be watching that!

I don't know anything about any of the new shows for the season. Just going by what the descriptions say, nothing interests me at all :(
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I'm looking forward to Ao no Exorcist. I like the manga, so, I have high hopes for the anime. Also, I'm looking forward to more Black Lagoon.

I also am looking forward to the Ghost in the Shell movie. I really liked the SAC series.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Lets see, lets see..... i guess i'll give a chance to these ones:

Moshidora
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
World God Only Knows 2nd season
Ao no Exorcist
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
A Channel
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Hidan no Aria
Hana-Saku Iroha
Steins Gate
Lotte no Omocha
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Don't have time to watch the animes that I am currently
trying to keep up on but failing miserably. X|

However, I do like my boys love - so I will probably try
and watch Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. :)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I really should answer mine own question. :P There isn't that much that interests me on this list but that's okay. I've become really HUGE on J-dramas lately. YUM! :drool Nothing like drooling over real live men. :dsmoke *cough* Excuse the fangirl moment. :emb

Anyway . . . my picks . . .

.hack//Quantum - MASSIVE FANGIRL SCREAM!!! :woot: Yeah, I already knew this was coming but I'm so excited to see the date. I love .hack. I hope this means another game will be released in the US. *fingers crossed*

Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi - Honestly, I thought it was another season of Junjou when I looked at the pic. It's not and that's okay. I'll still be tuning in for it.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - Another series I was waiting for to be released. I hope it lives up to the Yu-Gi-Oh name.

Sex Pistols - I saw episode 1. Might as well watch episode 2. :wink:

Detective Conan: Quarter of Silence - :woot: I love my little detective.

Onigamiden - Looks like it'll be beautiful.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Looks like Rie Kugimiya is confirmed as being the voice actress for Aria in "Hidan no Aria". Guess I'm not surprised at all since she's been playing those kinds of roles for so long.

(She's the one with the pink hair in the anime season poster)

At least the male lead is respectable compared to most shows of this type. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Alright! A second season of Kaiji was announced as beginning on April 5th. That should be fun in a warped and twisted way.

I never forgot the part about how the boss KNOWS how to make SURE that his employees feel genuinely feels sorry for what they've done. That one was really evil. 8O
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Having seen the updated list here:

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_SPRING_2011

I think I'll also check out:

Dog Days
Fireball Charming ---- I kind of liked the dry humor of the original series.
Sengoku Otome ------ Sengoku characters as female characters :puzzled
Kaiji ------------------- Yay! More Mental Madness! :wow:
A Channel
Money of Soul
Ano Hi Mita
Ao no Exorcist
Deadman Wonderland

I'll check out others too, but those are my most obvious choices (mostly only from judging the picture on the main homepage).

Not sure what the scheduling of these shows is due to the emergency situation in Japan. :(
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

So far I've only seen the first episode of .hack//quantum. I've fallen behind on my normal anime too - Bleach, Naruto and DBKai. I'll find time to catch up some day. But of course, I'm right up-to-date with Detective Conan and Kimi ni Todoke. :^^:

*waits impatiently for the Conan movie to be released*
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I like hack//Quantum. The pacing a lot better than the Bee Train hack anime. Unfortunately it's a short anime. :(

Random Curiosity's season preview is up here:

http://randomc.net/2011/03/18/spring-2011-preview/
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Okay, after going through that Random Curiousity's poll I think I'm looking forward to these titles the most based off what little I know about them:

The Most:

Hanasaku Iroha -- sounds kind of interesting
Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai -- even though it'll probably be fairly average
Kaiji -- should be fun
Stein's Gate -- sounds interesting and a read a tiny amount of the side story manga
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko -- sounds cliche, but I like some cliches

Second level:

Dog Days -- sounds kind of goofy
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi -- don't expect it to be great, but bleh
Hidan no Aria -- I expect to be annoyed by Aria because I was annoyed with her in the manga, but I still hope to like the better parts.
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II -- I don't expect to love this, but I look forward to seeing Haqua animated

The other anime have too many unknown factors for me to list them too high up there yet.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

For some reason this ANN series description made me crack up laughing:

Battle Girls - Time Paradox:

Modern-day middle school girl Hideyoshi is mysteriously hurled into a world resembling the warring states period of Japanese history, only this time it's inhabited only by women. This world's Oda Nobunaga is gathering the legendary Crimson Armor so she can rule the world, and for some reason needs Hideyoshi's help to do it.

Yeah...FOR SOME unknown REASON they need her help. :D :rollin
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

So far I've watched the first episodes of Stein's Gate, Sket-dance and Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi. I'll definitely continue Sekai, but not sure on the other two. I'll probably watch a few more episodes before I decide.

The OVA for Sekai is out as well and seems to fit in the storyline after episode 1. I'm curious how the 3rd guy in the opening credits fits into the storyline.

I would like to watch Moshidora, but it seems to be on hold for now. I may check out Toriko and Ao no Exorcist. Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo looks worth watching just for the art.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.