Spring 2011 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

From what I've seen so far, I'm guessing that I might end up liking AnoHana, Deadman Wonderland, World God Only Knows, C and Kaiji the most by the end of the season. But those are only generalized guesses.

The other shows are either not my type and/or aren't that involving yet. Not for me anyway. Hanasaku Iroha looks good, but it's not for me.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Well, Toriko is out (one episode was enough), but I'm guessing I will continue with AnoHana and Deadman Wonderland along with the others mentioned previously. I'll see once I few more episodes are outs.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Just saw the first episode of "Blue Exorcist" and thought it was well done. I'll be tuning in for this anime this season.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wow...that was a lot of fanservice in Hanasaku Iroha episode 3. I wonder if that anti-fanservice guy I know is going to wish he didn't start watching the series now. X| :D
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Keropi wrote:Wow...that was a lot of fanservice in Hanasaku Iroha episode 3. I wonder if that anti-fanservice guy I know is going to wish he didn't start watching the series now. X| :D
hey hey, i'm not an anti-fanservice guy :P, i'm just against all that cheap and unnecesary fanservice out there, but the one here at least was "correctly" used, or well, at least i didn't think it was out of place....

mmm, anyway, i thought you had dropped the series already.... are you watching it behind our backs or what? :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

darksuzaku wrote:hey hey, i'm not an anti-fanservice guy :P, i'm just against all that cheap and unnecesary fanservice out there, but the one here at least was "correctly" used, or well, at least i didn't think it was out of place....
I was thinking more of the person I know on the Maison Ikkoku Message Board because he would be the one that would be the most against that sort of thing. He could easily drop the series just because of those scenes. He's already very cynical about anything new coming out lately.
mmm, anyway, i thought you had dropped the series already.... are you watching it behind our backs or what? :P
I keep track of the season whether I'm still watching the show or not. In this case I've been following it on Random Curiousity and still have been getting the episodes.

http://randomc.net/

There seemed to be more heat from those scenes than most adult anime.

:rollin

So how have you been doing with the shows you've seen so far?
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Keropi wrote:I was thinking more of the person I know on the Maison Ikkoku Message Board because he would be the one that would be the most against that sort of thing. He could easily drop the series just because of those scenes. He's already very cynical about anything new coming out lately.
Ah, it's reasuring, for a moment i thought it was me because i also dislike many of the new trends on fanservice series for the last years. ^_^
Keropi wrote:So how have you been doing with the shows you've seen so far?
Well, it has been very long since i have given so many series at a time a chance. of course April is the main season for new series but this year i'm checking more than other years. Of course i have already dropped a few but i'm still holding with many of them (though i'll probably drop most of them i'm afraid).

Lets see from the ones i have not dropped yet:

A-Channel -> Your typical all-girl series.... If it keeps like this i'll probably watch it entirely, but not a series to keep.

Ano Hi Mita Hana... -> Only one episode aired, too soon to decide....

Ao no Exorcist -> Not a bad first episode but. Hope it doesn't become a "Kill n demons each episode and then a big bad demon at the end".

Astarotte no Omocha -> You can bet i'm going to drop this one in not so many episodes....

C - The Money of Soul... -> Too difficult to decide with only the first episode but at leat it looks interesting.

Deadman Wonderland -> With all those fanservice shows airing lately this will probably be refreshing to my eyes :D

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko -> Another one that you can bet i'm going to drop soon.

Dog Days -> It's really a silly series.... Something tells me that i will drop the series towards the end.

Hanasaku Iroha -> Interesting series so far, but the 3rd episode was not as good as the previous 2. I have high hopes for this one.

Hidan no Aria -> I read somewhere that this series was like Shakugan no Shana with pistols? Well, i hope it can keep me entertained.

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi -> Just watched episode 2..... Don't know what to think yet..... My first impression is that i'll drop it before the end.

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II -> I watched and deleted the first season. Probably will do the same again.

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai -> This one looks weird. Keeps switching between like 3 stories... Maybe this is the reason i have not dropped it yet.

Sengoku Otome: Momoiro Paradox -> This one i'll probably drop it in about no more than 3 more episodes.....

Softenni -> Cheap fanservice means i'm dropping it soon :P

Steins;Gate -> It's looking promising so far. Have also high hopes for this one. ^_^
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

darksuzaku wrote:A-Channel -> Your typical all-girl series.... If it keeps like this i'll probably watch it entirely, but not a series to keep.
Have you noticed how many of these four panel-like female character anime have come out lately? It feels like how reality shows copy each. The genre is apparently popular after K-ON. etc.
Ao no Exorcist -> Not a bad first episode but. Hope it doesn't become a "Kill n demons each episode and then a big bad demon at the end".
My track record with all male character anime is not so good...unless it's perhaps Kaiji. I've got to watch that Legendary Gambler Tetsuya anime some time.
Astarotte no Omocha -> You can bet i'm going to drop this one in not so many episodes....
It's ultimately a loli comedy series even though they've toned it down a bit from the manga.
Deadman Wonderland -> With all those fanservice shows airing lately this will probably be refreshing to my eyes :D
Kana Hanazawa has been voicing all over the place lately!

She was in Fractale as Nessa, Hen Zemi as Nanako, Break Blade as Cleo, Dog Days as Noir, Freezing as Lana, Kuragehime as Tsukimi, Infinite Stratos as Charles, hack Quantum as Sakuya, Morita-san as Mayu, Steins Gate as Mayuri, Seikon no Qwaser II as Fumika, Moshidora as Yuki, Ao no Exoircist as Shiemi, Bungaku Shoujo as Touko, Megane no Kanojo as Chiaki, etc.
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko -> Another one that you can bet i'm going to drop soon.
I kind of figured that.
Hidan no Aria -> I read somewhere that this series was like Shakugan no Shana with pistols? Well, i hope it can keep me entertained.
Nothing really popped in my mind when I read the series (unlike most other shows). The main plot is what I look forward to seeing. They haven't really gone into that part yet in the manga. They've only hinted at it.
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II -> I watched and deleted the first season. Probably will do the same again.
Looks like that'll be the last season of it unless if they put the more meaningful later stuff on OVA. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that someday.
Steins;Gate -> It's looking promising so far. Have also high hopes for this one. ^_^
The banana scene was kind of funny. :)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I plan to watch a few others, but I'm really enjoying Tiger & Bunny. Fun show. :D

Plus, it's nice to see Hirata playing someone other than a lady's man.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I like Tiger & Bunny. Yeah, you don't see many anime with only older main characters in them.

Deadman Wonderland's Opening is pretty nice. They put a lot of work into that Opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57n4ksa_A7A
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Is anyone watching Hyouge Mono?

I've been getting a kick out of its dry humor. :D

Episode 2 - I didn't even know that Nobunaga's helmet was based off of a real helmet. :rollin
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

I've been watching Tiger & Bunny and Nichijou this season, both of which i'm really enjoying.

It strikes me as really weird that almost nobody seems to be following Nichijou, despite it being a KyoAni anime and a pretty good one at that. Apart from Munto, i can't recall any other KyoAni production ever going under people's radar as much as Nichijou is doing. Granted, the comedy is a little hit-and-miss, but there's some outstandingly funny scenes in this series. The animation quality is top notch too, especially for this type of weird comedy series, where one could relatively easily get away with having minimal animation.

Some bizarre/funny Nichijou scenes thusfar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndmcRDWSj20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8by1qHD ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWKRvUAuCH0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZayrmvgL2U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn7OdA2dVqA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veqcolRQAsc
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Those scenes ARE funny to me. I guess it's just because there weren't enough of those moments for me to watch it. But that's a matter of taste. Hopefully more people will watch it. I've never been very good with four panel manga anime and their equivalent anime. They usually don't fit my sense of humor I suppose.

The second video doesn't work. :(

Astrarotte's Toy Episode Five ---
I'm surprised heartfelt this story has been so far. They changed certain plot elements of the manga to make the situations a LOT more sympathetic. They also cleaned up the story. Not that I mind though. The anime has turned out more enjoyable than I thought it would. If the anime had gone on like the manga, I probably wouldn't have watched it for long.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Spring 2011 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Well...now that the 1-cour series from this season are almost over, this is how I fared with the season:

AnoHana ----- I like it, but some of the story elements are off-putting for me
Deadman Wonderland ----- I like it, but that one scene was pretty sick. Lol :hurt:
Ao no Exorcist ----- I hated that filler episode, but have liked it recently.
World God Only Knows II ----- I like it more than how the manga was in the same spots
Steins;Gate ----- I like it.
C ----- I kind of like it.
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko ----- I sort of like it, but not as much as when it first began
Astarotte no Omocha ----- I like it much less than when it first started. How it is now is how I thought the series would be throughout.
Hyouge Mono ------ I'm stuck on the third episode and need to get back to it. I kind of like it, but probably not enough to watch it raw.
Kaiji ----- I'llI watch more of it later when there are more eps available to string out.
Tiger & Bunny----- I find it okay, but may not watch it for much longer due to lack of time and conviction.
Hidan no Aria ----- I'm finding the story to be...surprisingly weak. :(
Dog Days ----- I found it...unremarkable.
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai ----- I liked it a little better after learning of the plot twist, but it's still a hit and miss with me.
Moshidora ----- I'm going to drop it since it was never very compelling to me.
Battle Girls - Time Paradox ----- This show doesn't have much plot either.
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi ----- I'd like to watch more of this later. It's fair/okay.
Yondemasu yo Azazel-san ----- The humor is hit and miss with me. Sometimes it's very funny.
Honto ni Atta! Reibai Sensei ----- The humor is mostly miss with me. At least the episodes are short. :P
Fireball Charming ----- I liked the first season a lot better than this one.

Gosick ------ I'll probably drop it since I lost interest in it. :(

I dropped Happy Kappy, MariaHolic Alive, Pretty Rhythm, A-Channel, 30-sai and Hanasaku Iroha. Hanasaku Iroha is good, but the story isn't my type.

How are you guys doing this season?
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Spring 2011 Anime Season

Post by darksuzaku »

As for my balance of the end of season:

AnoHana -----> Dropped it last week. Too weak.
Deadman Wonderland ----> I like it ^_^ I shouldn't have read the manga after the i wacthed the 2 first episodes. I wonder if they are planning to do a 2nd season or if they will do a crappy anime-only ending.
Ao no Exorcist -----> Well, not bad, but at this rate i'll be dropping it sooner than later.
World God Only Knows II ----> To be honest, what i most like is the opening song. I'll end the series and then delete it.
Steins;Gate ----> My now favorite series of the season :D
C ----> I'll end the series but it has lost most of the interest i had in it.
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko ----> Dropped it after 5 or so episodes. Nonsense. -_-
Astarotte no Omocha ----> Don't know why i'm still watching this.
Hyouge Mono -----> Dropped after 1st episode. That kind of humor is not my type.
Tiger & Bunny----> Dropped after 1st episode. -_-
Hidan no Aria ----> Not as good as i was expecting but i'm a fan of Shana (errrr Aria) and all the girls :D
Dog Days ----- Still watching it, and i thought i would drop it. Still a watch and delete series.
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai ----> Dropped it. Don't understand it really.
Moshidora ----> Watched it entirely. Has a plot twist that is interesting.
Battle Girls - Time Paradox ----> Dropped after a few episodes. Nonsense.
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi ----> Still watching it. I guess i'll see how it ends. Deleting afterwards.
Yondemasu yo Azazel-san ----> Deleted after 1st episode -_-
Honto ni Atta! Reibai Sensei ----> Deleted after 1st episode -_-
Gosick ----> What i like most is the realtionship between Victorica and the male lead.
Happy Kappy -----> Deleted after 1st episode.
Pretty Rhythm -----> Deleted on episode 3. What a way to destroy a series.
A-Channel -----> Dropped after a few episodes. It's a Lucky Star but bad. -_-
30-sai ----> Dropped it after 1st episode. Never seen a censorship that destroys more a series than this.
Hanasaku Iroha -----> I like it, but it's now my second favorite of the season.
Break Blade -----> Just watched an SD version of the last movie. overall it's a good series. Too bad they made an anime-only ending. Seems the manga continues and it's much better.