Spring 2011 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Spring 2011 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Deadman Wonderland ----> I like it ^_^ I shouldn't have read the manga after the i wacthed the 2 first episodes. I wonder if they are planning to do a 2nd season or if they will do a crappy anime-only ending.
Argh! I hope not. I heard the manga story isn't too long either - maybe two and a half seasons worth. Maybe they could have another season and then a couple of OVAs.
Hidan no Aria ----> Not as good as i was expecting but i'm a fan of Shana (errrr Aria) and all the girls :D
Yeah, I think the characters are my favorite part of the series even though the story has them doing some silly or annoying things sometimes.
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai ----> Dropped it. Don't understand it really.
It was one of those confusing-until-it's-explained kind of shows. I wonder how they are going to end it because it's difficult to imagine a completely happy ending to the story unless....magic is involved.
Pretty Rhythm -----> Deleted on episode 3. What a way to destroy a series.
It's those little cute things I'm telling you. :roll:

They seem to have stopped subbing it past that episode so maybe they felt the same way we did. :D
Break Blade -----> Just watched an SD version of the last movie. overall it's a good series. Too bad they made an anime-only ending. Seems the manga continues and it's much better.
You read it? Or are you going by what people said? I think I heard they started inserting changes from the manga in the Fifth Movie. I had already read past those parts in the manga so I felt like watching something else besides something I had already read. The anime was so similar to the manga up to that point.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Keropi wrote: Break Blade -----> Just watched an SD version of the last movie. overall it's a good series. Too bad they made an anime-only ending. Seems the manga continues and it's much better.

You read it? Or are you going by what people said? I think I heard they started inserting changes from the manga in the Fifth Movie. I had already read past those parts in the manga so I felt like watching something else besides something I had already read. The anime was so similar to the manga up to that point.
Well, didin't read the manga, but i kept reading what people were saying on the related thread on animesuki forums.

With that said, i don't find it a bad ending but there are several unresolved matters....

- The relationship between Rygart and the Queen.
- All involving Zess. They just put an ending scene of him resting at his home.
- All involving Cleo. They just said in the Zess ending scene that she has returned.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I haven't read the manga but the ovas I thought were simply amazing to watch. I haven't seen any anime that's featured so much cool battle scene for a long time now, that and I also loved the beautiful art style which is always a big plus when I view anime.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, the Break Blade artwork is quite nice.

Check this out.. It's a parody of Stein's Gate episode 11 and A-ha's video "Take on Me":

SPOILER for Episode 11:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI2yXdQ7vQQ

Lol :D

I didn't know that Family Guy had also done a parody of that video:

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/fos6q9 ... take-on-me
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Unfortunately AnoHana's ending was not really to my liking:

SOMEWHAT VAGUE SPOILER:
I guess my biggest gripe with the series was that the characters were depressed and upset in ways that didn't feel very believable to me. I thought the final episode strained credibility even more. It's too bad many of the scenes in the final episode were overplayed so heavily. It actually made some of those scenes unintentionally funny. Lol.
I didn't mind C and Oretachi's (We, Without Wings) endings though.

I wonder how the other anime endings will go?
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Keropi wrote:Unfortunately AnoHana's ending was not really to my liking:

SOMEWHAT VAGUE SPOILER:
I guess my biggest gripe with the series was that the characters were depressed and upset in ways that didn't feel very believable to me. I thought the final episode strained credibility even more. It's too bad many of the scenes in the final episode were overplayed so heavily. It actually made some of those scenes unintentionally funny. Lol.
I didn't mind C and Oretachi's (We, Without Wings) endings though.

I wonder how the other anime endings will go?
It sounds like I enjoyed AnoHana more than others did, but I can understand your opinion on the final episode. :)
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote: SPOILER for Episode 11:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI2yXdQ7vQQ

Lol :D

I didn't know that Family Guy had also done a parody of that video:

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/fos6q9 ... take-on-me
haha, I still like the family guy one better, its funnier :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

There are a wide variety of opinions on how AnoHana turned out. A lot of it is personal feelings because certain things bothered some viewers a lot more than others. The rating for it is rather high though so I'm probably in the minority. I did like it, but I wish the writing were different in several sections.

I still haven't finished Hidan no Aria or Denpa Onna yet. Now I'm behind because of Anime Expo.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

yeah, I think they went a bit more dramatic than they should..I mean, to start off I didn't think a bunch of asian kids would be that emotional that just broken down and scream all the time, tear filled. I was gonna drop the series around ep9 since I got bored of the topic of menma, menma and some more menma but I managed in the end. the ending isn't bad I don't think its just the process went overly dramatic "slice of life" if it can be called that.

how was AX this year? did you enjoy it :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I enjoyed it, but some things did not work out as planned. I missed that "Hentai Worth Watching " panel because I got there late and there was already a line. I think one reason it was so crowded was because it was already late and some people didn't have any other panels left to go to. It sounded like an amusing panel to go to, but I wasn't able to attend. I missed the JAST panel too. It's too bad that some of the other interesting panels for me were on Sunday late night and Monday. I wonder how those went.

I spent a lot of time in my hotel room relaxing and cooling off from the heat. I set thee temperature at 64-65 degrees. Too bad the warm weather came at the wrong time. I wanted to take a picture of the MangaGamer table, but the guests were sitting there so I didn't want any awkward moments. It looked like Kazue Yamamoto was giving away her regular simple sketch signed shikishis for $20 for Japan Relief. I'm not sure who the guy was that was sitting on the opposite corner end of the booth. A gust of wind blew the two example sketch shikishis off their stands and onto the floor. He came around picking up the first one while I handed him the second by its edges. I seen a price tag of $80 to place an order for one (a colored sketch I think). But I only had two hours before leaving and I started thinking about how many foxing spots the shikishi would accumulate over the years and decided against it. It would have been nice, but oh well. It looked like he was spending so much time and care drawing that guy's sketch too. He was really concentrating on it and drawing it slow. :bawl
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

woh, can't believe I missed Kazue Yamamoto attendance, don't think she was even advertised for the event..I'm actually a big fan of her character design. this sucks, I would prably tried to bribe her into drawing something amazing lol wonder whens the next time she'll attend AX-_-" really glad you enjoyed it though, funny how I urged so much for you to go last year but ended up not going myself :( hopefully next time you attend we'll be able to meet up or something.

well...for this year's regret I will surely attend next year...I really hope-_-" man I still remember I spent most time of all 4 days at yugioh tournament during AX09 and got into top 20 final day(out of like 300) but got DQ'd for overdose on sleep, oh the shame and disgrace shall company me for rest of my life!! lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Earlier in the convention I seen her sitting at the table with a person kneeling on both sides of her and someone taking a picture. That must have been nice for whoever did that. I knew who she was because there was a name board thing in front of her at the table. Of course I recognized her name right away. By 2PM on Sunday there was hardly anyone around the MangaGamer table. The table rushes mostly come from earlier in the convention. At 2 PM Sunday she was sitting by herself sketching another sketch autograph thing.

I'm not one for dwelling in large crowds. I didn't like hanging in front of tables either so I was mainly just walking slowly through the crowds. Sunday was noticeably less busy than the same times on Saturday in all areas of the convention inside and outsde. But then it started to get busier in the walkways around 2:30PM to 3PM. Not sure where than gust of wind came from that knocking down the shikishis. It was really strange. If the dealers room ceiling was a regular 10 foot height I would have said that it came from an air duct, but the ceiling in the convention hall is really high. A guy came by saying that he wanted to buy the $80 colored sketch, but the woman at the table said that he had to place an order for it first and that that shikishi was only an example.

EDIT:
hopefully next time you attend we'll be able to meet up or something.

well...for this year's regret I will surely attend next year...I really hope-_-" man I still remember I spent most time of all 4 days at yugioh tournament during AX09 and got into top 20 final day(out of like 300) but got DQ'd for overdose on sleep, oh the shame and disgrace shall company me for rest of my life!! lol
Yeah, hopefully we can meet up some day. So you overslept eh? That's too bad. The only game I could possibly be somewhat good at would be with a standup Pac-Man machine. Lol
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

well...its good to know that I missed out that much fun this year lol seriously though, how do I ever get over missing kazue yamamoto in person :( that's wired how that gust of wind just came and went in vendor hall..perhaps is was a sign, eh?

I used to be good at two games competitively, yugioh and DDR(Ah, how very asian of me :D I quit yugioh soon after AX09 and haven't been practicing DDR much since I had so much fragile stuff around the room, that and I'm too grown up for both. need to get myself a ps3 and play the long overdue FF XIII and starocean 4 :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I have no idea where that gust of wind came from because there wasn't anybody even close to the table and yet I felt it also. So I guess you won't be repeating your run again eh?

I thought this was pretty neat. Some Japanese fans got together to do the Denpa Onna Opening song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7mDj5NZrY0

Here's the original Denpa Onna Opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrYG9sCk4NA
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

haha that would be pretty epic if they're at 6 different places but playing the song all at the same time, but I didn't notice the smallest time delay so they must be living pretty nearby each other? ..unless there are cameras equally distributed in kitchen, living room, bedroom, bathroom, garage and balcony :D