Who's your favorite character?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
MyBaby
Juuyaku - Executive

Who's your favorite character?

Post by MyBaby »

Ok here's something to mull over in the bleak of winter...
Who's your favorite anime character from which series? Why? And tell us a brief description of the character.
I'll go first. As you probably can guess my favorite character is...
Donald Duck! Oh wait, he's not an anime character. Ok how about Tasuki from Fushigi Yuugi.
I like Tasuki because he's a cocky bastard and funny. And he's a hottie :love: .
Open mouth, insert foot should be his motto. He's a tough guy on the outside with a gooey inside. He says he hates women, probably because he has a bunch of older bossy sisters. That's a challenge to convert him, (into proving all women aren't bad) if I ever saw one.
Tasuki, or Genro as his buds call him, is a bandit turned seishi for the priestess of Suzaku. The story "Fushigi Yuugi" is about a girl (Miaka) from another world, pulled into a book called "The Universe of the Four Gods". Miaka is the priestess in this "book world" and if she collects her seven celestial warriors together she can summon the god Suzaku and grant her wishes.
I actually am a manga fan before an anime fan but I do enjoy viewing Tasuki again and again... sigh.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Had to ponder this over until it was revealed to me while waking up. :)

My favorite character that has appeared in an anime is Manami Sugihara from Sentimental Journey:

http://myanimelist.net/character/14296/Manami_Sugihara

But I liked her mainly because of playing the Sentimental Graffiti 2 game and reading the earlier story that she had with the protagonist. I like her childlike personality and when she's in a good mood. I find that personality rather uplifting. It makes me feel like some of my troubles have gotten pushed away.

My favorite character based off the anime alone is Haruka Suzumiya from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien:

http://myanimelist.net/character/916/Ha ... a/pictures

I love her character design. She was one of the few gaming characters of her type that I could highly sympathize with. It's hard to put into words.

My favorite character because of her personality is Sakura Matou from Fate/stay night:

http://myanimelist.net/character/500/Sa ... u/pictures

Sakura is very long suffering, tough minded, earnest and devoted to Shirou as revealed in the "Heaven's Feel" storyline.

Hmm...I can see there is SOME overlap between these characters. But Sakura has by far the greatest inner strength. Manami is pretty weak minded without the protagonist and Haruka at BEST has only average mental toughness. :D
sletia
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sletia »

There is no mulling over, my favourite character has always been and always will be the obvious.
~Hellmaster-sama~
Rabid collector of the little demon
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Keropi wrote: My favorite character based off the anime alone is Haruka Suzumiya from Kimi ga Nozomu Eien:

http://myanimelist.net/character/916/Ha ... a/pictures

I love her character design.
Oooo She is very prettily designed! :love:
I love her flowing hair. Thou not fond of the ones of her in short
hair--remind me too much of Sakura from CCS lol!
:rollin

I have multiple favorite characters! All for different
reasons, be it character design, personality, and/or role they
played in the series they're from.

But I'd have to say my number one fav is my namesake
ID-- Shampoo from Ranma 1/2! :elephant
If it weren't for her, I would still not know anything
about anime and I wouldn't have made the friends I have
thru cel collecting, and other branches of
sub-culture surrounding all things japanese animation
and Japan in general. :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Shampoo wrote:Thou not fond of the ones of her in short
hair--remind me too much of Sakura from CCS lol!
:rollin
That is quite true. Many folks have commented about that through the years. :)

And I DO like her a lot more wearing long hair. Too bad I have no sketches of her with long hair. :(

Shampoo is one of the classic characters!
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

I have a hard time picking since it can depend on my mood at the time. There are a lot of characters that I really like.

If I had to pick a favorite female character it would have to be Integra from Hellsing, I prefer strong adult women characters over insecure girlish ones. My favorite male character would have to be Saito from Rurouni Kenshin. I love his bluntness and no nonsense attitude. Now if only the both of them didn't smoke....

For honorable mention I will have to add Dilandau from Escaflowne. Insanely in a class all by himself.
kizu

Post by kizu »

SAITOU! SAITOU! SAITOU! Mostly from Kenshin but I'm now being very partial to any rendition of him as long as the essense I like is there... But SAITOU! SAITOU! SAITOU! MWAHHAHAHAHA! :P

As for the girl, I really like Natsumi from You're Under Arrest, she reminds me of Misao but is just a bit more mature than her. I really like that positive and "can do" attitude. :D
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

well, for the girl I'd say Riza Hawkeye from FMA, she's amazing,
very strong and cool surface but very much a girl
underneath her wall....I'm still looking for some nice prod.art
of her that I like with the right price.......
as for a guy, I have a few favorites, but mostly I like
to collect Killua from HxH, what more can you say about
an ice-cream lovin assassin heheh
and Ed from FMA, I think his english voice actor really
makes that character perfect, and of course there are
several male characters from any Kenshin version
Drakonia
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Drakonia »

Hmm....normally I would have said Evil Tamahome from Fushigi Yuugi was my favorite character, but the altered version of Tamahome doesn't last for more than a few episodes. Kuroro Lucifer from Hunter x Hunter was also in the running at one point, but he also had an unfortunate incident which left him without the use of his Nen and his group, the Genei Ryodan.

So, that leaves the purple-eyed, sometimes blue-eyed, knight in black armor, Lantis, from Magic Knights Rayearth, who is the epitome of dark, silent, and mysterious. Lantis, similar to many anime heroes, often hides his true feelings behind his standoffish behavior. Amongst his abilities of being a master swordsman and spellcaster, he is also highly stubborn and always willing to fight for what he believes in. Lantis' character includes the basic traits for every white knight: courage, loyalty, and of course, justice.

*heh* I almost forgot. He's also my avatar. :D
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eyes0nme19 »

Sakuragi from Slam Dunk solely because he's an idiot, funny, self-centered, and a delinquent but at the same time he's a kid at heart. When given an opportunity to dream big, he goes for it with all that he has, which makes him an awesome lead character. I kinda have a soft spot for delinquents in general, it may explain why I also like Oga from Beelzebub so much :D

Basically the majority of male anime characters that I love usually have more or less those same characteristics...another example would be Luffy from One Piece.

As for my all-time favorite female anime character, I would say Clare from Claymore hands down. You don't see very often a stronger and more beautiful character than her. She's cool, sexy, strong, and kicks ass! But I like that she also has a vulnerable side to her when it concerns Raki, the cute boy who follows her around like a puppy :)
GuyvarIII

Post by GuyvarIII »

My favorite Anime character is Sho Fukamachi, the hero from “Bio-Booster Armor Guyverâ€
HotIce
Senpai - Elder

Post by HotIce »

As no surprise to anyone here... my favorite character has been, and will probably always be:

HotIce Hilda from Outlaw Star

Why? Her strong will, tough as nails attitude. Her ability to get the job done no matter the cost. W/out Hilda there would have been no Outlaw Star.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Favorite Anime character:

Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha - I just LOVE the character design, the personality is quite "classic". But, most of all, he was my first major favorite Anime character since I first bought a cel of him back in 2000 when the series first came out, and he has remained my favorite character to this day. 11 years baby!
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

star-phoenix wrote:Favorite Anime character:

Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha - I just LOVE the character design, the personality is quite "classic". But, most of all, he was my first major favorite Anime character since I first bought a cel of him back in 2000 when the series first came out, and he has remained my favorite character to this day. 11 years baby!
This sounds exactly like me w/my favourite character, Ken Hidaka from "Wk"! :)
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Favorite character, like favorite anime, is always such a tough thing to answer. There's my standard answer. There's my secret indulgence answer. And of course, there's the answer I'm going to give here. :^^: I have too many favorites. :P It really depends on my mood as they all have very different reasons for being my favorites.

SO . . . Amiboshi from Fushigi Yuugi is my all-time favorite anime character. :dgrin Duo Maxwell from Gundam Wing and Subaru Sumeragi from Tokyo Babylon frequently will oust Amiboshi from my #1 choice but I always go back to my first love. :dsmoke
sletia wrote:There is no mulling over, my favourite character has always been and always will be the obvious.
I know you've said before in other threads but honestly I have no idea who you favorite character is. Is your username that character? If so, what anime? OBVIOUSLY, it's something I haven't seen. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!