When Did Inuyasha go Complete CG? Can I also get an Ep ID?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

When Did Inuyasha go Complete CG? Can I also get an Ep ID?

Post by star-phoenix »

Hey guys! I am trying to find some text that discusses when Inuyasha went 100% CG. If anyone knows and can point to where I can find out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, was wondering if anyone can point out the exact episode this cel came from? Thanks in advance for the help!

http://starphoenix.rubberslug.com/galle ... mID=169748
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Inuyasha's last cel episode was episode 99 (which aired on Feb 3rd, 2003). But Duotrouble said that the Openings and Endings were still done by cel after that.
xXElysionsPrincessXx
Anime Geek

Post by xXElysionsPrincessXx »

Well damn. There goes getting a cel from my favorite episode. :P I wanted one of Miroku proposing to Sango so freaking bad. Curses.
x♥ C o M e J o I n M e I n E l Y s I o N ♥x
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Dylan Acres' Inuyasha Director Guide (one of my frequently visited references) says in the opening paragraph:

"The industry continued to change while Inuyasha was on the air, with the series moving away from traditional cel animation to fully digitized animation with episode 90."

The phrase "moving away from" suggests that some of the episodes from 90 to 99 were cel-based and some were CGI. I have also heard that Episode 99 was the last cel-based one, but can't immediately find a reference that states this.

You can keep lurking for sketches from the scene you love. IY sketches can be very sloppy at times, but some, especially those from the Kyoto Animation team supervised by Tatsuya Ishihara, are drop-dead lovely.
xXElysionsPrincessXx
Anime Geek

Post by xXElysionsPrincessXx »

Thanks for that link! That's really informational. I didn't realize Rumic World had that detailed of information. Do they have Kanketsu-hen's directors up anywhere yet?
x♥ C o M e J o I n M e I n E l Y s I o N ♥x
benten
Kamisama - God

Post by benten »

Do they have Kanketsu-hen's directors up anywhere yet?
You can find the information on Anime New Network at:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=10970

It's not nicely organized the way Rumic World is but the raw information is there. Rumic World is the English-language site for anything to do with Rumiko Takahashi's works.