Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

School Days...

Post by ZombieBunny »

Oh man.

Wow.

I just.... yea. :hurt:

I need a therapist now after watching that.
What an ending /sob

Anyone else seen this? Thoughts?
You've finally fallen to the bloodlust of beasts...
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

lol, awesome anime. They have it up on Cruncyroll. The series is kinda average along the way, but the ending is well worth it. One of the best. ;)
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Animechaos wrote:The series is kinda average along the way, but the ending is well worth it. One of the best. ;)
My thoughts exactly. I totally did not see that coming!
I thought Sekai was just going to kill herself in his kitchen. But then BAM...Down he goes. And then Kotonoha... that girl just lost it completely. Indeed the ending was powerful.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, the anime was a deconstruction of the harem genre. It had an ending that was worse than any of the endings from the game. The uncensored final episode actually made me feel a little ill. :D

School Days and Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica both show how a genre can get dark.

This is funny because I was going to post about the game news story and I happened to see your post here. I didn't even know they were translating the School Days game into English until just now:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... l-software

I didn't see that story until it was about to fall off ANN's front page. The game's bad ending closing is a pretty cool song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd7cuHeFw5s
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Keropi wrote: This is funny because I was going to post about the game news story and I happened to see your post here. I didn't even know they were translating the School Days game into English until just now:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... l-software
I just read that. Wow...
"The 2007 School Days television anime series adaptation gained unexpected media attention when its final episode was preempted by a real-life axe murder in Japan." ... That is scary crazy... How sad...
Yea I felt really upset and sad after watching this show - but it was also a really good and powerful ending. Dark for sure...

Thanks for the links :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The game had a possible three very bad endings and it became famous for those bad endings.
The three bad game endings were so well known that the anime decided to do sort of a combination of bad endings and they made it worse than what people had already seen.

The game's bad endings were pretty influential and caused the introduction of a lot of the yandere characters we see in anime and manga today. Shuffle and Gift added yandere-ness to their anime just because of them.

In the early censored version of the final episode, the blood was colored black. I can't recommend the anime though because some people have gone a little crazy watching the final episode. It's not for everyone that's for sure. ^_^
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Keropi wrote:I can't recommend the anime though because some people have gone a little crazy watching the final episode. It's not for everyone that's for sure. ^_^
I was shocked really. It was just out of nowhere... Yea I agree.

The game seems interesting to me now. I didn't know it was created from that.
Now that they are translating into english, I may torture myself a bit more and check it out.

However dark this is, it has fascinated me.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

By the way...about Crunchyroll and the ending of the series:
Is the last episode censored? Can you tell?
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Keropi wrote:By the way...about Crunchyroll and the ending of the series...
It was. All the blood was black and didn't show some angles like the uncensored does.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So what made you guys decide to watch the show? Did someone recommend it to you? 8O :D

Concerning Kotonoha's story in the anime:
I don't recall the anime showing Kotonoha getting bullied very much compared to what was shown in the game (not enough time I guess). Much of the reason for her mental condition had to do with her placing too much of her faith and happiness on Makoto. Then she lost him. But it also had to do with the method by which she could have lost him.
ZombieBunny
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ZombieBunny »

Keropi wrote:So what made you guys decide to watch the show? Did someone recommend it to you? 8O :D

Concerning Kotonoha's story in the anime...
Well I was looking around on Crunchyroll and came across the name.
It just caught my eye so I started to watch it.
Then I just watched it all in one sitting lol

Poor Kotonoha...

Yea she was bullied in the show but it didn't have much of a background on it.
When you think about it, it makes sense as to why she lost it. From the beginning she did look very dependant on them. Guess it just flowered into something scary...
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah, that's right Crunchyroll. It's tempting to go on anime binges with Crunchyroll.

I thought the anime was fun...in a train wreck sort of way. It just showed how badly a harem story could end up for its characters. And you really can't get much worse than the way how it ended. On the other hand, you can't take the story TOO seriously because the original intent of the game was to be over-the-top in those three very bad endings. And that is how it turned out...over-the-top.

I wonder if someone in the future would ever create extremely bad endings for a Reverse Harem story...hmmm...I don't think there's an incentive to do that. :)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

oh boy, my favor anime of all time :) it was great!! of course the game was even greater, but given the length of the series I think all the important events already jam packed the anime. the ending was just so unexpected still, quite the shock when it came to me. based on scenario of ep11 the last 5 minutes of ep12 was totally unpredicted, during that time my jaw fell to the ground and afterward I just had to rewatch it again since once is just not enough XD

hands down though kotonoha was my favor yandere character until recently future dairy ended. I even spent a grand on a custom made figurine of her last year. shes that awesome!!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

:topic

Someone mentioned MALE yanderes and mentioned:

Code Geass Season 2:
Rolo
Togainu no Chi:
Keisuke
I have no idea about the Togainu no Chi character, but I do recall the Code Geass character. Even he was fun in a crazy sort of way. I prefer female yanderes though. They just add a little unpredictability and danger to things. :rollin

Sometimes I wonder what ever became of this sketch: