Misc Anime related thoughts

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Misc Anime related thoughts

Post by JWR »

Ok I do know that a lot of us come up with certain thoughts that are anime related but are not worth starting a new thread for.

This thread is for you......

You can respond to a post here or add something that takes it in a new direction, the choice is yours.

To start this new thread let me impart this thought:

When watching Summer Wars, did anyone besides me think that the rogue Artificial Intellegence "Love Machine" was Cloud after he has outgrown talking about his dress?
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Re: Misc Anime related thoughts

Post by Shampoo »

LOL!
No but I did wonder if the look and feel of the video game world was created
in collaboration w/ superflat artist Takashi Murakami. (Coincidentally, today
google is featuring a doodle as their search button.) If it wasn't, they sure
were inspired by his art.

Here's my thought contribution to the thread:

Am I the only one whose noticed that Viz dropped Monster like
a p.o.s after just a season box set? Its been 2 yrs since the 1st was released
WTF gives? :?
Pfft! They wonder why ppl resort to just watching online or bootleg...
I wish I could have caught them all on Sci-Fi yrs ago when they aired it start-finish. :P
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Here is a small contribution, in the following video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKWAxWit ... re=related

1:27, kids talking, voice off.
1:32 Rei talking, voice off.
2:10 Rei talking, voice off.
2:15 Raoh talking, voice off.

Why do they have work on mouth animation when final film is only BGM audio ?!... 8O
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
JWR

Post by JWR »

Everytime I hear the hummmmmm from High Tension wires I can't help but think of Serial Experiments Lain
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

Shampoo wrote:LOL!
Here's my thought contribution to the thread:

Am I the only one whose noticed that Viz dropped Monster like
a p.o.s after just a season box set? Its been 2 yrs since the 1st was released
WTF gives? :?
Pfft! They wonder why ppl resort to just watching online or bootleg...
I wish I could have caught them all on Sci-Fi yrs ago when they aired it start-finish. :P
No you're not the only one!! X| I actually did watch Monster on ScyFy religiously and even that was annoying. ScyFy like took a two month hiatus before airing the final 5 or so episodes!! It was so obnoxious! :x Luckily, the English script and dubbing artists were well done (normally I will not watch dubbed) and I was even impressed with the actor who did Tenma. He did not do nearly as well with Hisoka from Yami no Matsui (which I also watched on ScyFy) but that may have been a casting/directing issue as his voice was much to mature for Hisoka's youth and him trying to portray an aloof, angsty teen just came off as him mumbling. That being said, I really was eager for the box sets so I could rewatch Monster in Japanese. I have a feeling Yohan would be much more creepy with Nozomu Sasaki voicing him! 8)
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
JWR

Post by JWR »

Picked up and started the recently remastered DVD's of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

It's been about 12 years since I last watched the series and actually forgot that poor Anthy could easily be the "poster child" for Abuse of Women.

Someones always slapping the crap out of her. Makes you wish Utena could use that sword to do real damage to especially to the "Hen's".
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

JWR wrote:Picked up and started the recently remastered DVD's of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

It's been about 12 years since I last watched the series and actually forgot that poor Anthy could easily be the "poster child" for Abuse of Women.

Someones always slapping the crap out of her. Makes you wish Utena could use that sword to do real damage to especially to the "Hen's".
I was thinking of picking up the remastered dvds. How does it compare to the old original release editions?
JWR

Post by JWR »

Grico wrote:
JWR wrote:Picked up and started the recently remastered DVD's of Revolutionary Girl Utena.

I was thinking of picking up the remastered dvds. How does it compare to the old original release editions?
I can say there are worth it for the colors are much more alive. "Of coure the last time I saw the show was on VHS tape"
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Honestly, I never think about other shows or videogames when I'm watching anime. I concentrate on the series I'm watching. Those fleeting thoughts don't evade.

:topic
Shampoo wrote:I wish I could have caught them all on Sci-Fi yrs ago when they aired it start-finish. :P
Yeah, I was watching Monster for the first time on SyFy as well. I was mad when they switched series when they had about 12 episodes of Monster left. We had to go the whole summer without Monster. It was crazy. But if you really need to finish Monster, you can watch it on Hulu or Anime News Network. You can finish it in English in both places. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!