Evangelion Rebuild?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Evangelion Rebuild?

Post by Captain Haddock »

Having just done a brief search of the boards I couldn't see this being discussed, so I was curious what does everyone make of the Evangelion rebuilds?

For my part I've thoroughly enjoyed them, the graphics, plot rework have all made it enjoyable all over for me again and I love it. However there is a price at least in my mind since they seemed to have focused on making it more accessible, which is good for some because the original was so opaque, but I like that about it since it made my brain work a bit:P It just seems they've tweeked the characters in such a way as to make them more simplistic and the plot seems to have gone the same way. Some of the characters have been tweeked so much they were barely fleshed out in the last movie (I'm thinking Asuka and Kaiji here). And alot more in the plot seems to have been overtly stated, that was kind of left unsaid in the old series or just hinted at. The result is something alot more tidy, but somehow sanitised
Asuka cooking for Ikari ?!?
since evangelion to me was always kind of a sprawling monster. I know there's more to come (eventually), but I was just musing over my reservations really.