New Thundercats!

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

New Thundercats!

Post by Belldandy16 »

Anyone else see the premiere of the new thundercats show on Cartoon Network last friday?
wow that was awesome! I cant wait to see the next episode!

Kudos to whoever can figure out where the voice actors for the king and new Lion-o played in other cartoon shows. ;)
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: New Thundercats!

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I looooved it! It's nice to see a series reboot (feels more like a sequel) that's a big boon for the franchise. Transformers, for instance, cannot always pull that off (the new Prime series is kinda so-so, TF: Animated was much better). But I'm hearing the Hub isn't doing well. GI Joe: Renegade is another fabulous show but it's been cancelled. Very sad. :O

I adore Batman Beyond and instantly recognized Will Friedle's voice. It took me awhile to figure out the King was the original Lion-O tho. Superb casting. Jaga was a downright badass.
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
Deadly Whispers
Wamphyri

Post by Deadly Whispers »

I watched it, as well. I loved the original series (considering I was four years old should explain that, hee). I enjoyed the premier very much. Things aren't so easy for the main characters this time around - their winning isn't just handed to them - and there's real conflict. Hooray for good storytellers! It was still cheesy, but then, I'm not four anymore.
wolfie83

Post by wolfie83 »

To be a fan of the 80´s orginal version I was much disapointed of this new one.... Tygra and Lion-O brothers? And them are in same ages besides Pathro? Snarf don´t say a word, where is Slides helpers Gorilla, Jackal?.. Well I can go on and onXD
Only character they did have the same design from the old one is Slide and some Mumm-Ra.

BUT if I don´t being annoyed of the old, and think about this like a new one ( as it is) Is alright, it have the old in there. But the design isn´t that good:/ Story wise, it have someting to tell rather than just action.

How many here has seen the old one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qd_IsxgAf8
http://www.edwardteabelly.com/wp-conten ... ercats.jpg