Which Animes are the most like real life

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Which Animes are the most like real life

Post by animeobsessed »

When Shampoo mentioned Paradise Kiss, I immediately thought about Nana then saw ginga123 mention it. Great example of a series based on real life. It's full of relationships, triumph and tragedy. I keep hoping the author will get better and this series will be finished.

Several of the sports themed series stay true to real life such as Giant Killing for soccer and Oofuri and One Outs for baseball, while others stretch it a little like Overdrive on cycling and others go past realism like Prince of Tennis.

Bakuman is another real life setting with the storyline following the process of getting a series in Shonen Jump, through I haven't read past volume 5 so I don't know if it gets off the realistic path or not.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Which Animes are the most like real life

Post by sugarcels »

I think, if technology headed in a certain direction, a show like Patlabor could really happen. It's believable to me that the police would have to cart the labor around and use a "spotter" to help the labor user see. If it was as easy to get as a car, then yeah, I could see drunks and various idiots driving around making trouble. The characters are very plain/"normal" in their design - they don't have spiky, lime green hair :)