What anime makes you feel the most nostalgic?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
wolfie83

Re: What anime makes you feel the most nostalgic?

Post by wolfie83 »

I must say Ginga Nagareboshi Gin ( the first anime I saw) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_mrdCI6Rw
Starzinger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyQxpoRT7Pc
Ryu the Primitive Boy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyxRDLfEmgs
Sailor moon

Is most of these I saw then I was younger, yes I´m old T-T

( Know is not an anime, but the 80´s Heman, Thundercats and defender of the earth also nostalgic) :D
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

Hmmm...I'd say Sailor Moon because it was my first anime. Fushigi Yuugi's OP theme also creates a huge wave of nostalgia as that blue and red lightning clashes :) The first Card Captor Sakura theme has the same effect ^_^ All of my most memorable shows were cel-animated, so I'm very excited to be getting into collecting now after all those years.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Hmmm... although shows like Ahiru no Quack and Ox Tales come to mind, the show that probably makes me feel the most nostalgic is Pokémon. It was really big in my country 12 years ago, everyone LOVED it. I've seen the first few seasons as a kid.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I have kind of an interesting reaction, as my nostalgia tends to be triggered by music rather than by the actual images. I can get very nostalgic when I listen to:

The Saban Animation theme to "Grimms' Classic Fairy Tales"

Hey, come along and join the fun.
It's a time for fairy tales.
Magical kingdoms in the sun.
Come along, come along...

That was the first really engaging anime my daughter (she was only six) and I watched together. We had no idea it was anime.

Also Belldandy's and Keiichi's image songs from the AMG "Singles" and OST 2 collections. They are based on themes from the OVA and, truth to tell, I always liked the BG music much better than the plot or the animations (also liked the manga better than either anime). I think "Megami wa itau" is a stunning song and love the simple twin guitar accompaniment to "Boku to ikiru koto ga kimi no shiawase." (And I can be prevailed to listen to the electronic version with Belldandy taking the song as well.)

Like KuroiTsubasa4, yes, the first opening theme for CCS, plus Tomoyo's wonderful song "Yoru no uta" or "Nocturne" (words and music by Nanase Ohkawa).

And I simply adore the opening theme of Haibane Renmei -- not "Free Bird," but the piano piece you hear at the very start of the series, "Refrain of Memory." I don't know if it's nostalgia, but it always makes a thrill go down my back.

This is so making me go dig out a bunch of CDs to put back in my car! Interesting thread. Thank you, Keropi.
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

First anime I ever watched...hearing the music is very nostalgic...and makes me smile :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUDSedRJHf4
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Fushigi Yuugi - It's the anime that hooked me on anime for life. Every time I hear that opening theme I feel nostalgic about my love of anime. Sailor Moon also makes me feel nostalgic but for a whole different reason.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

Most nostalgic? I would say the Super Robot genre, Daimos and Voltes V most of all... However Voltron comes a close third and although Macross is not a super robot series and more mecha... Yeah that too. :bounce