Fall 2011 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Fall 2011 Anime Season

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Didn't find topic on this so :) it looks like it'd be a pretty awesome season.

http://neregate.com/blog/wp-content/upl ... ime-v4.jpg

I'm very excited about Fate/zero anime as fate/stay night's prequel as well as Persona 4 being animated(just beat the game last night finally after nearly 3 years lol). And last by not least---Mirai Nikki, finally!!

so whats everybody else looking forward too :D
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Fall 2011 Anime Season

Post by cutiebunny »

Meh, kinda dismal season, but...

Chihayafuru
Working!!
Hakuouki OVAs
Lupin III
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

From what's showing there now and from little I know about them I'd say I'm mostly looking forward to:

Mobile Suit Gundam Age ---------- seen the preview at AX. It's aimed at a younger audience, but I'll give it a shot
Busou Sunki Moon Angel ----------- might be okay
Mashiro-iro Symphony ------------- will probably interest me somewhat even though I heard it's a very cute sugary game like Campanella
Shinryaku? Ika Musume ------------ I'll give it a shot
Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing -- I hadn't heard about this one. How does it relate to the first series?
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon -------- might be interesting
Fate/Zero --------------------------- this should be good
Guilty Crown ------------------------ sounds interesting
Persona 4 ---------------------------- this could be pretty good if they follow the game properly
Maken-Ki ----------------------------- I didn't like the manga, but maybe I'll be able to tolerate the anime
C^3 ----------------------------------- might be interesting
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!! - might be interesting
Mirai Nikki --------------------------- This could be pretty good. I liked the manga. The manga ended so they might be able to adapt the story til the ending (which is unusual these days).

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ---- I'm not a big fan of the manga, but I occasionally find it amusing and I've been keeping up with it. It's gotten a little better lately. The anime's character designer artwork reminds me of Denpa Onna's. I wonder if they're going to be censoring stuff because sometimes the characters talk about a lot of ecchi stuff. The characters are pretty eccentric and two or three of them are pretty abrasive.

I'm a little worried about how well Yuno's seiyuu is going to do in Mirai Nikki. If she doesn't do a good job, it'll affect my enjoyment of the entire anime. :roll:
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Looks like this next season will be sensory overload for me. :nuts
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Here's my choices for this fall.

Hunter x Hunter - I loved that series so I'm excited to check out the retelling. I'd been thinking about rewatching it and now I don't have to.

Sekaiichi season 2 - I wish this was already on DVD. I loved Junjou so much so I was excited about the alternative story being told. Collecting the manga now for it. :drool

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Well, you might be able to guess from my username and the fact that I was completely taken in with the Gundam Cafe in Akihabara on my birthday but if it's a Gundam series I'll being checking it out. :)

Hakuouki OVAs - As horrible as the 2nd season was, I'll still be watching these OVAs. The eye candy was really great. I'm keeping my hopes down though.

Higurashi Kira - I've already seen the first episode. I'll continue but they'll never beat season 1. Pure awesomeness!

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn - Did you see my comment for MSG AGE?
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

I have 18 anime on my list which could be interesting. After the first episodes I'll probably cross a few off the list.
I will definately watch these sequels: Shinryaku!? Ika Musume, Working'!!, Fate/Zero, Bakuman 2, Shakugan no Shana III.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Oh Rejoice!!

I am in total agreement with Goldknight; sensory overload awaits!!

For me personally, this season's new productions has me really excited & looking forward to some good viewing!!
Fate/Zero - Oh man Awesome stuff!! I cannot believe the murmurs about a new F/SN production after the movie were true!
The same for Gonzo; pulling out & dusting off 'Last Exile'. I hope Range Murata is again involved with the Character & World designs. It will be interesting to see how this may relate to the first series?
If those two were not enough to look forward too, then there is both Lupin III & Persona 4 to eagerly anticipate as well as the Shakugan no Shana wrap-up + Working!! (anything from A-1pictures is worth a watch) & Guilty Crown from I.G.

There are also quite a few that look quite interesting and will definitely be checking out.
My Cel Gallery can be found here:

http://celsphoenix.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

A growing collection of Escaflowne, Evangelion, FMP, Fate/Stay Night plus other cels that are among my Favourites. No cheap & nasty stuff here.
Come, check out the cutesy female & Mecha madness!!
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Looks like it's a sequel/previously watched season for me:

HxH
Fate/Zero
Working II
Sekai ichi Hatsukoi 2nd season & OVA
Bakuman 2nd season
Deadman Wonderland OVA
Hakuouki OVAs (even though I hated season 2, I'm curious to see what they do with these...plus who can pass up bishies).
Scryed Alteration
Tennis no Ouji-sama movie

Persona 4 sorta fits since I started watching Persona (3) Trinity Soul, but couldn't find it all.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

it looks...like the board member's testes are quite diverse here. all except Keropi of course who is interested in every series...jk of course :D but I was really expecting everyone be over joyed by the announcement of fate/zero, guess not everyone is anticipating this "soon to be masterpiece" eh 8)

Keropi wrote:I'm a little worried about how well Yuno's seiyuu is going to do in Mirai Nikki. If she doesn't do a good job, it'll affect my enjoyment of the entire anime. :roll:

was it you who mentioned that Yuno's seiyuu is also one that did one character from higurashi series or did you mention that you were hoping that it'd be her(sorry about my bad memory)? but who did you have in mind exactly?
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

I started reading the Mirai Nikki manga, only 4 chapters in and I'm already looking forward to the anime. It should be a good action series.

I'm expecting my Fall watching list to be quite large again...
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:it looks...like the board member's testes are quite diverse here. all except Keropi of course who is interested in every series...jk of course :D but I was really expecting everyone be over joyed by the announcement of fate/zero, guess not everyone is anticipating this "soon to be masterpiece" eh 8) [/spoiler]

I look forward to seeing the new fighting characters. I went to Wikipedia to read up on those characters.
was it you who mentioned that Yuno's seiyuu is also one that did one character from higurashi series or did you mention that you were hoping that it'd be her(sorry about my bad memory)? but who did you have in mind exactly?
Back when I was just reading the manga I said that I could very well picture Mai Nakahara voicing Yuno. But I didn't think she would be voicing Yuno because I thought Yuno was too similar to some of the psychotic characters she's played in the past. Mai Nakahara has voiced so many characters that that were a little off mentally. I thought she also probably wouldn't want to be typecast further by playing another psycho. The thing is....she's just so good at playing off-kilter mental characters. They're either very funny or lovably psycho :D

There was also that joke going around about the number of Mai Nakahara anime characters that ended up being somehow obsessed about their brothers. There were a number of those characters too.

Yuno's seiyuu doesn't have many credits to her name and she didn't sound so good in the short Mirai Nikki preview so I'm a little concerned about it. Hopefully she'll get more used to her role as time goes on.
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

I didn't see it on the list (maybe I'm blind) but I'm rather interested in watching Chibi Devil in October: http://tinyurl.com/3z8pw8l

I've read some of the manga and it was rather cute.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Here's version 6 of the Fall 2011 Anime Season Chart (out Sept 5, 2011):

http://www.pinoyden.com.ph/index.php?topic=126074.0
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Random Curiosity has their season preview up:

http://randomc.net/2011/09/20/fall-2011-preview/

Boy...that Maken-Ki artwork looks awful compared to the manga. And that was about the only thing I liked about the manga too. Oh well...that's one less reason to watch it I guess. :roll:

Guilty Crown looks kind of neat, but it's a complete unknown as to how much I will like it.

So my final "Most Looking Forward To Watching The First Episode" list is:

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Not Yet Aired

Fate/zero
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!
Mashiroiro Symphony: Love Is Pure White
Mirai Nikki
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Persona 4
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume

The other shows I'm less certain how much I will like them in the long run.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

I'm looking most forward to:
Guilty Crown
Un-Go
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Persona 4 the Animation
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume
Fate/Zero
Working'!!