Fall 2011 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Fall 2011 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

Well, I'm not having much luck so far. Three of the four shows on my "most anticipated" list I did not care for the first episode of:

Fate/zero
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!

Fate/zero I liked, but the other three didn't go down too well for me. The humor wasn't really my type apparently. :o

Oh well...maybe I'll have better luck later on. I thought Baka to Test's second season was funnier than the first season. The humor wasn't as repetitive in the second season. I thought some of the character background episodes in the second season were pretty good.

We'll see how it goes.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I loved the first ep of fate/zero, especially when they made it 48 minutes long lol this one is really cool though unlike the other ones it didn't come out as game or manga, just a novel and now first time in animation!! now hopefully after this they'd make the sequel next time. seriously anticipating future dairy and hopefully its full of yandere lol and also wish persona 4 would have a different story line then game, if its even possible.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:I loved the first ep of fate/zero, especially when they made it 48 minutes long lol this one is really cool though unlike the other ones it didn't come out as game or manga, just a novel and now first time in animation!! now hopefully after this they'd make the sequel next time.
I feel bad for Sakura, but she's had it tough for a very long time.
seriously anticipating future dairy and hopefully its full of yandere lol
It should be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing Minene and the Miko girl. They had some fun moments too. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing Guilty Crown more after seeing pictures from it.
and also wish persona 4 would have a different story line then game, if its even possible.
Why? Do you want to see something different or is it because you didn't like the story?
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:
theultimatebrucelee wrote:I feel bad for Sakura, but she's had it tough for a very long time.
yeah, just look at her eyes, they're dead all the time. I feel even worse for her "uncle"...but I wonder why he cared about sakura so much in the first place? maybe they are blood related or something?

It should be fun. I'm looking forward to seeing Minene and the Miko girl. They had some fun moments too. :D
I second Minene since she lasted till the very end. wonder if they're going to follow the manga 100%, I'd love to see twists that didn't happen in original manga, to make up for all the bloodshed that can't be shown on TV lol
Why? Do you want to see something different or is it because you didn't like the story?
just wants to see something new..also not to say the story wasn't good, but it could've been more twists and turns especially towards the end, also its not as epic as 3 was. then again trinity soul failed pretty bad I thought lol
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

So far I liked the first episodes of:
Bakuman 2
Chihayafuru
Fate/Zero
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
Shinryaku!? Ika Musume (season 2)
Working'!! (season 2)

These shows I didn't like very much, but I'll try the 2nd ep:

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Tamayura: Hitotose

I dropped the rest of the shows that aired after seeing the first episode. I think I watched everything except for Hunter x Hunter.
Last edited by Yupa on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah...so you disliked them as well too eh? They didn't give me a good first impression.

Mashiro-iro Symphony had some nice artwork, but I'll see how it goes. It looks like a "cute" series as someone said.

Boku wa Tomodachi gave me a different impression than the manga. The characters feel a lot less abrasive than they did in the manga. I think it's due to the timing, the way the seiyuu are voicing them and because of the different artwork.

I don't have an obvious second favorite show yet. Mirai Nikki and Guilty Crown aren't scheduled to come out until Oct 9th and 13th. Last Exile comes out tomorrow.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Neither of them surprised me, I don't like those harem anime very much. Well if I had to pick one to watch, I think I'd chose Tomodachi.

Maken-Ki! has to be the worst anime of this season so far. It reminded me of Freezing, a lot of ecchi scenes and fighting.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Yupa wrote:Maken-Ki! has to be the worst anime of this season so far. It reminded me of Freezing, a lot of ecchi scenes and fighting.
freezing's production is disrespect to the original manhwa artist and so was kurogami...manga and anime is like sky and earth, ruined masterpieces!! for many years I had hoped that some studio would consider making zero series into anime as well but, it might get screw up like the other two...and even then I'd still like to see it as the original was such masterpiece :l
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I read the first nine chapters of Maken Ki back in March 2009. I really tried to like the manga somehow, but there just wasn't anything about it that interested me besides the artwork. It was as if the mangaka was diverting from the main plot and going into these silly comedic escapades. The anime will probably cut those parts out or it would mostly consist of fluff with the anime only being 12 episodes long and all. At any rate, I think I've seen enough of the anime so I'm going to have to pass on the rest of it.

Gee...were his friends THAT overreactive in Persona 4? :D
theultimatebrucelee wrote:freezing's production is disrespect to the original manhwa artist and so was kurogami...manga and anime is like sky and earth, ruined masterpieces!! for many years I had hoped that some studio would consider making zero series into anime as well but, it might get screw up like the other two...and even then I'd still like to see it as the original was such masterpiece :l
I liked the Freezing manga until they got to the NTR sister stuff.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Mirai Nikki (Future Diary):

I liked the first episode. The artwork was better than expected. I think its weakness is still the voice acting of the main leads, but at least it felt acceptable to me in the first episode.
Looks like they didn't shade and hide the other diary holders enough though. If I'm remembering correctly it was difficult to even tell what the other diary holders were wearing in the manga. In the anime you can see it pretty easily. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

its pretty cool...but so far nothing really impressive, pretty much the same as manga as I've remembered...man, how many years ago was that when I read the first chapter lol need to wait for the story to develop I guess.

persona 4 was entertain, although it so totally follows the game including the op song, battle song, velvet room song and that date change thing/weather forecast(I wonder if they'll do that 300 times in anime lol) and even the dialogs and I guess just about everything else. still the games got a good plot, so.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The second episode of Persona 4 felt rushed to me. I guess they were trying to cram a lot into the episode. It even felt like they were talking a little faster than they should have. It's like listening to the Playstation To Heart game characters talking fast to fit the entire dialog on the CD. The rushing probably contributes to the characters sounding like they are overacting and overreacting.

Boku wa Tomodachi ep 2:

I had forgotten about the RPG and Tokimeki Memorial parody that they did here. The jokes about those games made me smile. Some of the jokes are a lot funnier when you're familiar with what they are joking about.
I wonder who was doing the voices for the Shiori Fujisaki and Mio characters? They could have made an inside seiyuu joke there like they did with Abenobashi anime Shiori parody character being voiced by Mami Kingetsu. Shiori Fujisaki became Akari Fujibayashi in the Boku wa Tomodachi parody game. The screenshots have similarities too.

They went for the "study" parameter and met the glasses girl in the library. Instead of Tokimeki Memorial glasses girl Mio Kisaragi the parody girl was named Yukiko Nagata.(which is more similar to Yuki Nagato's name).
I liked that chapter. It was more amusing than usual. The parodies they do are more obvious than most of the ones I've seen.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Persona 4 ep. 2 was pretty interesting, I like this show. I don't know the game.
I gave Tomodachi a second chance and I enjoyed watching the 2nd ep. very much, it was much better than the first.
I also liked the action-packed start of Guilty Crown very much.

There are still 17 Fall anime on my watching list, but I might drop one or two in the next week.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Since I'm trying to save bandwidth these days, I didn't see Last Exile Fam until today. Like others have said, it's definitely more otaku elemented than the first series, but Gonzo wanted to be more assured of its success so that's not surprising that they would do that.

Since I think that all of the shows that I wanted to see this season have come out subtitled except for perhaps Sengoku Paradise, these are my current favorites based off what I've seen from them so far. So at this point I will try to follow these as time permits:

In order of interest:

1. Fate Zero
2. Last Exile
3. Mirai Nikki
4. Guilty Crown

Big Space Here

5. Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
6. Persona 4
7. C^3
8. Mashiro-iro Symphony
9. Chihayafuru
10. Gundam AGE

Big Space Here

11. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
12. Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai
13. Shinryaku Ika Musume 2nd season
14. Ben-To

I dropped Phi Brain and Maken Ki.

Maybe I'll get to see Sengoku Paradise one of these days. :P
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Now that I've seen the new Last Exile it's time to make a list as well:

My favorites (9/10):
Bakuman 2, Fate/Zero, Guilty Crown, Mirai Nikki (also Mawaru Penguindrum that started in Summer)

Other good shows (8/10):
Ben-To, Chihayafuru, Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam, Persona 4 the Animation, Shakugan no Shana III (Final)

Not great, but enjoyable (7/10):
Busou Shinki Moon Angel, Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle, Shinryaku!? Ika Musume, UN-GO, Working'!!, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai