Fall 2011 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Fall 2011 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

I've heard a couple people say that the second season of Nurarihyon is their favorite story arc up to where the manga is now. I haven't read any of the manga, but just going by the second season it looks the mangaka would have a hard time topping it. They're developing the characters so much and revealing their backgrounds. They're setting up the characters for the rest of the series and going full bore with the Nura Clan working with humans/Nakama theme. It would be hard to top this arc.

The nice thing about Mirai Nikki is that they can tell the story all the way to the end. The bad part is that the ending can be easily spoiled. The animation doesn't always look the best, but at least they seem to improve the animation/artwork during the more important scenes.

Before I used to try out a few shows even though I was extremely unlikely to keep watching them. Now that getting artwork is a lower priority for me, there are certain shows I don't even start watching. I skim the first episode and then don't bother. I don't want too many dropped loose ends. :)

Gundam Age ----- I want to watch at least one more episode because I want to see what the Captain's theory on who/what the enemy mecha is.
darksuzaku wrote:Now you are worrying me Keropi, is it some kind of nasty Guro, what series are we talking about? :crackup :dlook :flasher: :advisory:
I'm pretty sure you'd call it Guro. It was the CGs from Kowaku no Toki. Ew....that was creepy. There wasn't much of her left after they got through operating her. :hurt:

And here I thought that zombie/necromancer/surgery adult anime was somewhat disturbing. :D I don't recommend anyone look at those pictures unless they want to be disturbed. It's a complete fetish game after all. 8O I think it would be too disturbing to put that in the anime so they'll probably just deal with the other two girls instead. But I haven't watched a couple of the strongest adult anime so I don't know. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

my interest level just went up there :D which adult anime are we talking about here? mind PM me the name :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Gundam Age ----- I don't think I'll be able to watch this much longer. There are just too many parts of it that feel like a Saturday morning cartoon. The sixth episode in particular really felt like one.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon ----- is still confusing to me, but at least I can deal with most of it. It took me a long time to realize that in their language:

Judge -- means "affirmative"
Tes ----- means "yes"

Sengoku☆Paradise Kiwami ----- this was based off an Otome game. The first four episodes reminded me a bit of a slower, less cute version of Hitalia except substituting Sengoku characters into there. The fifth episode had less comedy by comparison. I'm not much into this, but the episodes are only 3 1/2 minutes long. So before you know it, the episodes are over. They require very little effort to view.

Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! ----- is not that interesting to me. I seem to enjoy it the most when they are doing those ecchi jokes. At least I find those amusing. The game players seem to really hate this adaption. It's not a real adaption per se though. It's more like the anime is saying "just play the game if you want to see the important stuff".

Guilty Crown ----- I wish Shu wouldn't do so many eyerolling things. :|

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai ----- seems to have gotten past the manga adaption because Yozora's past wasn't brought up again in the manga.

Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam ----- I'm wondering when another character from the first series is going to show up. They've already posted up the new character designs.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Yet, one more report :D

- Fate / Zero -> i can confess it now. I was so impatient that i went ahead and read the entire light novel during the last few days. I was overall impressed with it. Can't wait to see how they plan to animate certain things.
Too bad, anyone who has watched Fate Stay Night knows that the ending of the Zero series is really sad
- Shakugan no Shana season 3 -> mmm, well, i was expting more from this series, but can't stop liking it :D

- Mirai Nikki -> I keep becoming more and more interested in Yuno (I love Mrs Stalker-san :D). It was son long that i read the manga that now everything i see is new.

- C Cube -> Harem size increase detected. That's not a good thing.

- Chihayafuru -> Can't wait to see Chihaya wearing those kimono like robes ^_^

- Guilty Crown -> The other day i agreed with Keropi that this series had some Code Geass feeling... but right now, with the main guy extracting new "weapons" all the time from everybody don't know what to think.... I wouldn't like series to focus on this (don't want it to become some kind of Pokemon series -_-)

- Kyukai Senjou no Horizon -> Still very confusing series. But like Keropi, i really enjoy people saying "Judge" and "Tes" all the time. It's quite fummy :D

- Last Exile -> When i read at different places that characters from the first series are reapearing on this second one i realized why i felt that i was familiarized with certain people. It has been so long that i watched the first series and considering that i never rewatched it i don't remember much of it. I know for sure that Dio is one of those returning characters, and i'm pretty sure that at least a few from the new ship that can become a submarine also are. Can anyone remind me of them?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Last Exile characters:
Well, as you know there's Dio. Tatiana Wisla is now the captain of the Silvius. She was Claus flying rival as you recall. She looks the same as before. Only two years have passed since the first series after all. Alister Agrew was Tatiana's navigator and is now with her on the Silvius as her second-in-command. Lescius Dagobert returns as the chief engineer on the Silvius. There might be more characters than that, but those are the ones I know of offhand.

At least one more character is going to make a crossover appearance, but I don't want to spoil it for those who don't want to know what's coming up.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

was watching Mirai Nikki ep9 today, super awesome ep there but one part I didn't get:
when hinata lost the bet, was mao trying to kill her or was she protecting her against yuno? its been awhile since I read the manga so
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Mirai Nikki 9:
Mao was trying to destroy Yuki's diary. Hinata didn't destroy it because she only wanted Akise's supposed diary to protect her father.

Mao decided to destroy it and ended up stabbing Hinata's hand in the process. I liked that episode. I thought Yuno's seiyuu sounded better using her lower voice than her higher cute voice. Maybe she just needs more practice with the higher voice.

I wonder where in the manga they are going to skip to next.
Going through the Mirai Nikki story again, I've noticed something that I didn't notice the first time through. But it's not something I could have known except from knowing the whole thing anyway.

Persona 4 is funnier than I thought it would be. Episode 8 was hilarious. I like how the main character is such a straight man for the jokes. You don't see that kind of thing too often. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:Mirai Nikki 9:
Mao was trying to destroy Yuki's diary. Hinata didn't destroy it because she only wanted Akise's supposed diary to protect her father.

Mao decided to destroy it and ended up stabbing Hinata's hand in the process. I liked that episode. I thought Yuno's seiyuu sounded better using her lower voice than her higher cute voice. Maybe she just needs more practice with the higher voice.

I wonder where in the manga they are going to skip to next.
Going through the Mirai Nikki story again, I've noticed something that I didn't notice the first time through. But it's not something I could have known except from knowing the whole thing anyway.

Persona 4 is funnier than I thought it would be. Episode 8 was hilarious. I like how the main character is such a straight man for the jokes. You don't see that kind of thing too often. :D
ah great, thanks for the clarification :D that somehow just didn't trigger my mind, the fact I didn't realize it watching the anime means I didn't understand that part in manga either lol I also like yuki's lower voice, but..well, I also think it suits her well that the shiyuu can do two different types of voices well, which I think suits yuno nicely.

I dropped persona 4 after watching that shinji ep in the bathhouse...thought the way every character realized their own shadow self was too similar and since its likely to happen for the rest of characters as well and I already played the game, it would waste time. but I'd prably check out ep 8 in case I would miss out lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Boy, a lot of people have played Persona 4. Did the game come out in English?

Are the seiyuu the same in the anime as they were in the game?

I'm really going to have to catch up on my anime since the new season starts in three or four weeks. I'll probably have to stop my Blu Ray conversion since it's taking so much of my time. I found the easiest way to save my files is to save them in alphabetical order. That way I can find files just by looking for a file that's between the letters.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

english version came out in 2009 I'm pretty sure, so its been a few years :D no idea if the seiyuus are the same since I've only played the english ver. for some reason though it feel like they would match pretty well, pesonality wise.

wish I could feel the way you do, for at least one year now I feel like there ain't enough good anime aronud to be viewed even though I have been following all the highly reviewed currently shows.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

fate/zero ep11 was trilling, can't wait to see some more rider action!!
assassin got owned!!! although they weren't strong individually to begin with...now I wonder whos stronger; archer or rider...be a great fight I'd anticipate :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I didn't get to watch it until today.

Fate Zero 11:
That was a pretty good episode. The dialog in the first half was pretty sharp and interesting. The later half was good too. I didn't expect Alexander's Noble Phantasm to be like that.
Well I guess it makes sense that Persona 4 came out in English given how many people seem to have played it. I'm not a gamer so I never would have known about that.

The only shows I'm close to being caught up on right now are Fate Zero, C^3, Guilty Crown, Horizon, Last Exile, Mashiro-iro, Mirai Nikki, Nurarihyon and Persona 4, The other shows I have less desire to watch right away. The new season will start pretty soon too. Hmm. Not good.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Keropi wrote:I didn't get to watch it until today.

Fate Zero 11:
That was a pretty good episode. The dialog in the first half was pretty sharp and interesting. The later half was good too. I didn't expect Alexander's Noble Phantasm to be like that.
Had you read the light novel like i did you would have known :P
I kind of regret having read it already, but now i know why they decided to split the series in 2 parts.
Keropi wrote: Well I guess it makes sense that Persona 4 came out in English given how many people seem to have played it. I'm not a gamer so I never would have known about that.
The Persona franchise is very well known among gamers. I arrived very late to the scene and my first one was Persona 4. Later played Persona 3 FES but the graphic quality was not as good and the characters of Persona 4 were more likeable. Don't know why no Persona 5 has been ever announced considering the big expectation it has.

With that said, again, many things i liked in the game didn't like or found interesting in the anime, that's why i dropped it after a few episodes.
Keropi wrote: The only shows I'm close to being caught up on right now are Fate Zero, C^3, Guilty Crown, Horizon, Last Exile, Mashiro-iro, Mirai Nikki, Nurarihyon and Persona 4, The other shows I have less desire to watch right away. The new season will start pretty soon too. Hmm. Not good.
The shows i'm still watching are Fate Zero, Guilty Crown, Horizon, Last Exile, Mirai Nikki, Chihayafuru and the final Shana season. From all of those, i was expecting more of Horizon, but well, i guess i'll finish the series then delete it.

Oh, and redownloaded the original Last Exile series to rwatch it sometime. It has been son long that i can't remember most of it.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

darksuzaku wrote:Had you read the light novel like i did you would have known :P
I kind of regret having read it already, but now i know why they decided to split the series in 2 parts.
Usually once I'm watching the anime and continue to watch it, I stop reading the manga. Sometimes I read a little bit more, but usually the manga shows the same things as the anime so there's not much point to reading it any more. I rarely read past where an anime stopped unless if I had already read past that part. In that case such as with "World God Only Knows", I continue on reading it. I haven't read any game/anime novels though.
The Persona franchise is very well known among gamers. I arrived very late to the scene and my first one was Persona 4. Later played Persona 3 FES but the graphic quality was not as good and the characters of Persona 4 were more likeable. Don't know why no Persona 5 has been ever announced considering the big expectation it has.

With that said, again, many things i liked in the game didn't like or found interesting in the anime, that's why i dropped it after a few episodes.
I see.
Keropi wrote:Oh, and redownloaded the original Last Exile series to rwatch it sometime. It has been son long that i can't remember most of it.
I didn't get past episode 16. I tried watching more of it a couple years ago, but realized that the story had gotten to the point where I lost interest in it so I couldn't continue with it.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Guilty Crown episode 10:

Wow...Shu is tremendously annoying and awkward at times. :puzzled

He makes me facepalm, eyeroll and bang my head against the wall. :bwall

They really should have toned down his scenes. If he was only one third of the amount that he is, it wouldn't have been so painful for me to view.