The Offcial Recommend Lee an Anime Thread

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: The Offcial Recommend Lee an Anime Thread

Post by Keropi »

Fortune Arterial ----

Technically speaking, the original story was mainly a slowly developing romance built up with a lot of comedic, slice-of-life events. The vampire stuff was always secondary to everything else. The anime didn't even adapt the game's true ending. They stopped at a certain point and then changed the anime's ending. I have a feeling they did it so they could sell another OVA after the TV series was over (like what happened with the To Heart 2 anime series). If they completely finished the story, then they couldn't have had another OVA.

I wasn't very happy about that. :(

I recall someone a long time ago asking about the Fortune Arterial manga asking "What a strange title! Why do they call it Fortune Arterial? Is it about Arteries?" Lol
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I guess theres a lot of milking for this title eh? what do you think about the series, thumbs down or up?
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:I guess theres a lot of milking for this title eh? what do you think about the series, thumbs down or up?
I found it good but it does suffer a bit when compaired to the manga. Mainly one important side character Kuze is pretty much ignored in the anime version and her story is very central to understanding a certain hesitation of the main female Erica. While the show does involve "vampires" it really more of a school based romantic comedy.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:I guess theres a lot of milking for this title eh? what do you think about the series, thumbs down or up?
It's borderline for me.

If anime had the game ending, I would have given it two thumbs up (for my taste anyway). But since they didn't...I'd say one thumb up and one thumb down. It's in that middle ground between light and shadow. :D

I like the music and the drama of the anime, but I like certain parts of the manga better. I liked the character designs.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:I'd say one thumb up and one thumb down.
hahahahahaha....not helping lol I'll decide for myself, later. I really liked ojisan's lamp though, think they could've expanded it into a movie or some ovas, but it was a good watch, although not really a mystery gene candidate I don't think.

I'm currently getting this series called Red Garden, seems to be really unique and got quite a few good reviews, hopefully I get to watch it by tomorrow. Gankutsuou is what I just finished yesterday, beautifully well done series and excellent and somewhat twisted plot, love it.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Glad you liked it. I liked the visuals of the lights turning on next to the river. It made me feel nostalgic.