Hunter X Hunter anime is back! :D

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Hunter X Hunter anime is back! :D

Post by RalphVboy »

Well, being reanimated to be precise hehe. To those of you who are or were HxH fans, the series has been redrawn by Mad House and is starting from the very beginning. Art style is similar to the manga and very well done. The story is moving along at a fantastic pace and will be devoid of filler from the looks of it. I am one happy panda :D

- Ralphvboy

P.S. The manga of HxH is back in serialization as well and the Chimera Ant arc has finally (and IMHO tastefully) been brought to a close. HxH fans would be doing themselves a great disservice if they don't check it out :)
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Re: Hunter X Hunter anime is back! :D

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

I'm very excited by this as well :) I loved the original series and I wanted to read the rest of the manga but it kept going on hiatus. I look forward to watching the new anime and finding out how the series continues ^_^
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Thanks for bringing this up RalphV! :cheers
I was excited to hear about the "new" HxH anime, just havent had chance to check it out yet, but even more so was happy the manga started up again!! And even with some Ging in there 8)
Maybe it will generate some new interest in this series
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I'm excited (because I love HxH), but I'm also kind of disappointed. I mean, are they really so bereft of ideas that they must reanimate shows which are only 12 years old? I would have been more excited if they'd picked up where the previous anime left off...
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

ReiTheJelly wrote:I'm excited (because I love HxH), but I'm also kind of disappointed. I mean, are they really so bereft of ideas that they must reanimate shows which are only 12 years old? I would have been more excited if they'd picked up where the previous anime left off...
yeah, I hear ya on that point, but still, I love HxH and am just happy it's in the news again
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Like ReiTheJelly i'm really dissapointed with this remake.....

It's basically a retelling of the same things, well, it would be more accurate to say a "summary" more than a retelling.

Even i loved the original series a lot this remake as it is, is pointless for me. They should invest their efforts and money in other series. Or if they want to make a remake, at least do it like it was done on the "Kanon" / "Kanon 2006".

So as for me, i drop this series on episode 2, at least until someone tells me that there's something new going on.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I dl'd it yesterday but I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm excited that it's airing because I've been wanting to rewatch it. But at the same time, I'm a little annoyed by all this remaking lately. It was recently done with FMA Brotherhood and what an awful mess that was. (Don't even get me started on that as I have very strong opinions on that piece of crap.) I'm not sure if they are trying to retell HxH or just "make it pretty". I haven't heard.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!