Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Winter 2012 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

What anime might interest you from the upcoming Winter 2012 anime season?:

http://impempire.wordpress.com/2011/11/ ... chart-v-4/

if that doesn't work then try here...

http://www.squidoo.com/anime-season-winter-2011-2012

Not much interests me this time. I'm probably most interested in these three from what I know about them:

Natsume Shi --------- I enjoyed the first three seasons
Amagami SS+ -------- I have no idea what they will do here. I thought they used up nearly all the good material from the game?
High School DxD ----- The manga seems okay. It's the usual bishoujo type comedy.

I might be interested in these. Not sure:

Another ---------------------- I only read part of the first chapter. It seemed alright.
Rinne no Langrange -------- maybe
Nisemonogatari ------------- maybe
Mouretsu Pirates ------------ maybe
Ano Natsu de Matteru ------ maybe

Not too much for me to get excited about this time. :shrug

Anyone find any of these interesting?
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Re: Winter 2012 Anime Season

Post by Yupa »

Kyousogiga - "a high school girl who got out of a maze of Java Work". Oh yes, Java programming can be as frustrating as getting lost in a maze. :rollin
Recorder to Randoseru - This will probably disappoint me, but this sounds fun.
Another - I don't know... If this will be like AnoHana, I will definately watch it.
Rinne no Lagrange - Don't expect much from this either, but it might be funny.
Inu x Boku SS - I'll probably regret this too, but I like fox spirits. :P
Nisemonogatari - Sequel of Bakemonogatari which I enjoyed watching.
Mouretsu Pirates - Pirates in space, sounds good. :P
Natsume Yuujinchou Shi - I LOVED the first 3 seasons, so I'm very much looking forward to this!
Zero no Tsukaima F - That reminds me I still need to watch the 3rd season.
Aquarion Evol - Haven't seen the original, but this might be a reason to watch it.
High School DxD - I think I'll watch a few episodes before dropping this.
Black Rock Shooter - It's quite a hype at the moment, so I can't miss out on this. The movie was okay, the fight scenes were great.
Gokujyo - ... Don't expect much from this either, but you never know! The art looks good.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

There are a lot I'm not to sure of this time. - I'm sure I will watch Natsume.

Natsume Yuujinchou Shi - My daughter told me to watch the first 3 season and I love them. Can't wait to continue it.

Aquarion Evol - I may check it out since I watch the first series

Area no Kishi - I tend to like sport series, so I'll check it out

Shin Tennis no Ouji-same - if it's anything like the manga, I'll drop it

Recorder to Randoseru - another one I'll see what it's about, but I don't have high hopes

Bravo 10 - may be promising

Dashi KouKousei no Nichijou - looks like another Kimi no Boku

Gundam Seed remastered - just b/c it's been awhile since I watched it, but I didn't rewatch HxH so not sure

Another - maybe
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

looks like a fun season along side of quite a few other cross season animes I'd be interested to check out Rinne no Lagrange, Another, Brave 10, Black Rock Shooter, High School DxD and Gyo from the ova and the mirai nikki one(if its not a total recap).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I seem to have less of a connection with the anime this time because I don't even know many of these shows (manga-wise). They are not the kind of manga that makes me feel like reading them or they are not manga to begin with.

I seen "Inu X Boku", but wasn't intrigued enough to read it. The same goes for "Kill Me Baby". I did read four chapters of "Papa no Iu Koto wo Kikinasai", but wasn't much interested in it. I don't think I'll like the anime much either. Maybe it'll get better later and it'll become more substantive, but early on...it goes about how you expect it to go. I wish it was a little more than just that, but I guess it probably got a lot of its popularity just because of the basic premise. :|

It'll probably be a little easier for me to watch it instead of reading it, but I we'll see. If I'm skeptical on something like that, I can't see Darksuzaku being able to finish it that's for sure. Lol. :D

I hope I'll like the Black Rock Shooter TV series more than the OVA.

:topic

Why is it so difficult to book a room at the hotels surrounding Anime Expo this year compared to the last? In the first week of November 2010 I could have easily booked a room in several hotels around AX, but this year in the same week I could only reserve a room at a hotel seven blocks away. I've tried to book a room at the Luxe or JW Marriott about fifty times so far and....nothing still. X|

Maybe I'll make a second backup reservation at the Westin Bonaventure ( 6 1/2 blocks away) since I could get one now for $240 cheaper than the Hilton Checkers reservation I made. The Hilton is nicer, but I could do a lot with that extra $240. :messed
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Lets see my picks:

Recorder to Randoseru -> I'm not sure if that "plot" is going to work but i'll give it a try.
Another -> This one looks interesting.
Nisemonogatari -> Being a sequel of Bakemonogatari i'll have to give it a try.
Amagami SS+ -> Loved the first series but i believed there was no more material to animate. I'm have doubts about this.

And nothing else seems to catch my eye just by the title. Of course, as always, i'll give a try to almost everything :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Well, let's see how the SOPA bill does tomorrow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

I may not be able to watch much from next season even though I am a Crunchyroll member. I might have to read anime message boards to find out how the aired anime are doing. By the time I am able to view the anime, I may not much care to anymore. :D

Let me know what you think of them guys. Keep me up to date with how they are doing. We used to do this during the usenet days with people who received raw mailed tapes from Japan.

EDIT:

Hmm...the vote got delayed again.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Laws like SOPA are completely useless. They would have to completely shutdown internet for it to work.
Look at it from this perspective: As it is now, even google or wikipedia would have to close with such a law.

But there are may ways to bypass it:

For example:

- If they seize US Servers -> The servers will migrate out of the US. Rusia sounds like a good place, they could care less of US laws ;D
- If they close the internet domains -> Sites would go by IP or use domains that are not controlled by the US.
- If they enforce DNS Filtering -> Just use a different DNS server. Also, if using firefox, chrome or many p2p clients you may have it easier that that. There's many plugins out there that do it for you.
- If they block IPs -> Servers these days have it easy to change IPs. They would have to keep banning IPs all the time and it would be useless too.... The same plugins i told you are capable of redirecting you to new valid IPs....
- If they order ISPs to spy your traffic -> Use encription plugins. Tor project comes to mind.

And if everything fails you can always pay for an VPN service with encription activated. It would have to be an VPN that isn't located on the US of course. There are many good and cheap VPNs out there and they are easy to configure. There are even free ones, but they are not as good as the paying ones.

I'm a little familiarized with SOPA because the US has tried to enforce a similar law here in Spain, and even with the law approved (not in use yet) it has been demostrated that it's completely useless. Of course, the US version of the law would have a bigger initial impact because there's a lot of serves that reside on the US but in the end it would be the same.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Well, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for explaining all of that.

I didn't know they were trying something similar out your way too.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Random Curiosity's new season preview is up now:

http://randomc.net/2011/12/26/winter-2012-preview/

For the five series most looking forward to seeing, I voted for:

Natsume Shi
Amagami SS+
Another
High School DxD
Nisemonogatari

...based off what little I know about them.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I found that Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi OVA ending to be pretty funny. I wasn't even expecting that crossover anime appearance that they did.
Ferris and Lyner from Legend of Legendary Heroes made an appearance at the end confronting the Itsuka Tenma villain. The amusing thing was that the villain and Lyner were both voiced by Jun Fukuyama. He made a joke about having a hard time talking so fast in those scenes between the two characters.
I hope they'll do more crossover anime in the future.

Looks like the new Amagami SS series will go like this:

1 & 2: Tsukasa After
3 & 4: Rihoko After
5 & 6: Ai After
7 & 8: Kaoru After
9 & 10: Sae After
11 & 12: Haruka After

That sort of explains what they'll be doing with this series.

The BluRay Deadman Wonderland episodes are still censored. They are just less censored. What I assume to be the F-words spoken by the characters are still all bleeped out in the BD version. The dark censored scenes are still dark - they are only a little less dark. The lighted censored scenes show a little bit more and that's it.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah, wow. The High School DxD anime producers really added a LOT/LOT of fanservice compared to the manga. I heard the anime producers did the same thing with the Maken Ki anime. I guess they both wanted to increase sales of the DVDs/BDs, but it was really unnecessary for them to do that. X|
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

It's not a great start, but I guess the best shows are yet to come. Here are the things I watched.

Good anime - I'll keep watching those.
Natsume Yuujinchou Shi / Natsume's Book of Friends 4

Avarage anime - I haven't decided on those yet.
Rinne no Lagrange / Flower Declaration of Your Heart
Recorder to Randoseru / Recorder and Satchel
Senki Zesshou Symphogear

Bad anime - I won't continue watching those.
High School DxD
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Hmm..I'd say at this early point:

I'll be watching:

Amagami SS+ plus ------------Not bad. Junichi is still a comedically flawed protagonist
Mouretsu Pirates -------------Liked this more than I thought I would. I thought this was going to be rather silly.
Nisemonogatari
Recorder to Randoseru
Rinne no Lagrange ------------the first episode reminded me of Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko. Not sure how long I will watch it.
Senki Zesshou Symphogear -- An oddly done first episode, but I might still watch it
High School DxD

I dropped:

Kill Me Baby ---------------------Not my humor at all

But there are still about 8-10 more series to check out. So it's still not set yet.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Today I watched:

Good anime
Nisemonogatari
Mouretsu Pirates / Bodacious Space Pirates

Average anime
Zero no Tsukaima F / Familiar of Zero F

Bad anime
Kill Me Baby