Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (Dusk Maiden of Amnesia)

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (Dusk Maiden of Amnesia)

Post by Keropi »

Alright! Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is going to get animated:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=378355

Getting to see Yuuko animated could be a treat. I was thinking while reading the manga that there aren't many characters like her in recent anime (seen them more in older anime). I hope the anime will get a decent budget and have good seiyuu for it (especially for Yuuko). :D

But I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high considering how some of the other manga-I-liked adaptions have gone (Mirai Nikki turned out fine though).

It feels as if the manga is nearing the end too, so they they might be able to animate the true ending of the story. That doesn't happen much these days. :(
Last edited by Keropi on Tue May 08, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Re: Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Post by Yupa »

I haven't read the manga, but the story sounds pretty interesting. ^^
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That's funny. The manga website based their character photo of Yuuko off the same manga drawing that I used for my avatar Aug 31-Nov 30, 2009:

Manga page:
http://www.square-enix.com/jp/magazine/ ... index.html

:D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The second promo for the anime was posted on Anime News Network:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... o-streamed

It LOOKS pretty good. The character designs don't look too far off from the manga. It looks a little strange seeing Yuuko with lips, but it's not a deal breaker or anything.

I'm looking forward to seeing those two creepy scenes from the manga - although they probably won't show up until the second half of the series. Looks like the anime will maintain the ero ecchi atmosphere from the manga. The mangaka used to draw adult manga in the past so a bit of that risque feeling sort of made its way into the Tasogare manga. Some people are going to complain if they change that stuff too much.

The anime is supposed to premier April 8th/9th and be twelve episodes long. If the manga in currently 31 chapters (and 6-7 minor chapters) and nearing it's end. I suppose the anime could all fit in there. Or at least I hope it will.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

I have been enjoying the manga as well and have just finished watching the first two episodes of the Anime.

The second episode really starts the series and follows the manga very closely.

I guess they were trying to do a simular pattern as Haruhi which started with a episode that takes place in the middle of the story. It is something with this story I feel was not needed and actually takes away a bit by having a character there that does not show up till later and also lets out several spoilers that take some of the fun of the main story.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, the first episode did spoil a bit for a the later events. They probably to hook people in right away by having four of the characters already there in the first episode. Unfortunately doing that also turned some people off so for them the strategy backfired.

But we'll see how it goes.

I think Yuuko's seiyuu is doing a good job. She sounds a bit different from the promo. She's probably more comfortable in her role now by this point.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Since Sentai licensed the series does that mean Tasogare won't be shown on Crunchyroll?
JWR

Post by JWR »

Keropi wrote:Since Sentai licensed the series does that mean Tasogare won't be shown on Crunchyroll?
No the series will still be shown on cruncyroll
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thank goodness. Some of the dialog on the show would have died off if they removed it.
JWR

Post by JWR »

Up to episode #3

So far I am enjoying seeing this story animated.

One neet thing I noticed is that for a little bit in the OP and a lot in the End credits they anime it so Yuuko is singing the songs. definately a nice touch, not sure if her seiyu is actually doing the singing since crunchyroll does not translate the credits.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I was wondering about that when I first heard the songs. I went on Anime News Network to check and it's someone else singing them. Yumi Hara was voiced one of the characters in Idolmaster so you would think that she's at least half decent at singing, but they have Konomi Suzuki singing the OP and Aki Okui singing the ED. The Opening song has a bit of a dark edge to it while the ED sounds kind of folksy like Spice and Wolf.

You've read the manga more recently than I have. I have a question about the third episode events:
I don't recall the manga ever showing what Kirie saw when she was looking at Yuuko early on. I think they only added that in the anime right?
JWR

Post by JWR »

Keropi wrote:I was wondering about that when I first heard the songs. I went on Anime News Network to check and it's someone else singing them. Yumi Hara was voiced one of the characters in Idolmaster so you would think that she's at least half decent at singing, but they have Konomi Suzuki singing the OP and Aki Okui singing the ED. The Opening song has a bit of a dark edge to it while the ED sounds kind of folksy like Spice and Wolf.

You've read the manga more recently than I have. I have a question about the third episode events:
I don't recall the manga ever showing what Kirie saw when she was looking at Yuuko early on. I think they only added that in the anime right?
It has been about a month since read that part
I do think there was a couple of panels where you saw Yuuko's hand and arm from Kirie's view of "rotting flesh" but there was not the flashing back & forth of the anime.
Both versions do work for me.
JWR

Post by JWR »

Just watched episode #4 of the anime and though it does tell a story from the manga it has a couple of major departures from it.

1st
The club has it's summer break sleepover in the school but it is missing the school nurse who is the club advisor. Now no way the school would allow a boy and 2 girls to sleep together on school property without an adult :D
2nd
once they found the "cursed stone" the anime glossed over it, in the manga it was a big clue since before students started writing names on it for curses it was originally a memorial stone for those who died from a flu epidemic and Yuuko's name was carved on it. That creates a another mystery since by finding Yuuko's bones in the underground room with it's temple it does not fly that she died in the flu.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Last week I read two supernatural manga from currently airing series, Sankarea and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. Both were pretty good, just like the anime.
JWR wrote:2nd
once they found the "cursed stone" the anime glossed over it, in the manga it was a big clue since before students started writing names on it for curses it was originally a memorial stone for those who died from a flu epidemic and Yuuko's name was carved on it. That creates a another mystery since by finding Yuuko's bones in the underground room with it's temple it does not fly that she died in the flu.
You're right that they change a lot compared to the manga. Well, with only 12 episodes there's no way that they could tell the whole story.
Manga Spoiler:
If I remember correctly Yuuko was used as a human sacrifice to stop the epidemic?
I really want to read the next chapter, it looks like the final school mystery will be revealed.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (Dusk Maiden of Amnesia)

Post by Keropi »

I'm not sure how far anyone had gotten in the manga so I didn't want to imply anything about future events.

Looks like episode 5 left out the minor characters again.

Episode 5:
They noticeably changed the ending of the episode. They skipped so far in the manga that you lose the context of how the characters are acting with each other. In the anime, the characters are acting like they know each other a lot better than they do and that's because they skipped so many events between the last episode and this one.
I wish I could have seen what horrified the students, but I don't think the manga showed it either right? It's too bad they skipped so far in the manga, but I guess they only have twelve episodes to go through so they are skipping directly to the chase. If you want the full story, you'd have to read the manga.

Boy...the drummer is really going at it in the opening song. ^_^