Berserk Golden Age

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Berserk Golden Age

Post by BeautifulAlone »

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPBV-13694
Finally! 8)

Has anyone seen this yet? Personally I'm still unhappy Guts isn't voiced by Canna Nobutoshi any longer...Boo. :(
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Berserk Golden Age

Post by Keropi »

I wonder why they didn't have him do it? Did they want to use a younger seiyuu?

Hopefully it won't be too long before the movie comes out for viewing.

Anyone in Japan get to see it?
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

I enjoyed it. Although I got the original TV series years ago I still haven’t watched it, so my knowledge of Berserk is minimal. However the films will help introduce a new audience to Berserk and revive interest in it given that the original anime is the only adaptation which previously existed.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Just finished watching episode II and all I can say is damn... sh*t just got real. I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for episode III, especially considering the trailer looks every bit as disturbing as I remember the original anime series being, except even more so (like the manga): *Warning! Intense Imagery*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsBw6PznrFo
But still, I can't wait! Because the sooner we get past this arc, the sooner we can finally see the Black Swordsman arc - something I (and many others) have been waiting to see for a very long time.
Hold On Tightly ~ Let Go Lightly
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

transmet wrote:Just finished watching episode II and all I can say is damn... sh*t just got real. I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for episode III, especially considering the trailer looks every bit as disturbing as I remember the original anime series being, except even more so (like the manga): *Warning! Intense Imagery*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsBw6PznrFo
But still, I can't wait! Because the sooner we get past this arc, the sooner we can finally see the Black Swordsman arc - something I (and many others) have been waiting to see for a very long time.
aawww man I just gotta somehow find the time to watch this
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

Just finished watching Episode III - Descent/Advent... going off to curl up in the fetal position and try to once again process what is, at least to me, one of the most disturbing and disillusioning turn of events I've ever come across in any story.
I was so awed at the re-telling of this part of the animated arc that I didn't really properly prepare myself for what was coming.
I was amazed how it made me feel that same seething hatred for Griffith I experienced the first time I read the manga.
And while I agree that these new movies do cut out a lot of the character development, I also realize that this is ground that's already been covered animation-wise. The difference this time is that there will be more arcs coming: http://tinyurl.com/bhy24au. I can't wait!
Hold On Tightly ~ Let Go Lightly
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

I knew going in that III would be bad in terms of what goes down, seeing it of course was something else.
Especially Guts doing that number on his arm to break free. Talk about berserk! 8O
I'm active on another forum and a lot of people on there who had been following the series more in depth were not happy with the movies. My generally positive opinion of the movies may change after watching the original series and reading the manga.