Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Spring 2012 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

What anime interests you the most from the upcoming Spring 2012 anime season?:

http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/20 ... -mar11.jpg

For me:

Zetman ----- I've heard of the manga, but I've never felt much like reading it. It's not really my kind of story.

Medaka Box ----- Ah, the infamous Medaka Box. This manga had a rollercoaster ride. It started off as a regular school comedy like a blend of "Haruhi", "Ookami-san and Her Seven Companions" and "Yankee-kun to Megane-chan". Then the mangaka had some character development missteps which angered the readers. The readership dropped a lot, but before it was cancelled the mangaka decided to switch genres and turn it into sort of a fighting manga. The manga got so popular from pulling that switch that it got an anime for it. Needless to say, I'm not too excited in watching it.

Arashi no Yoru ni ----- The movie was okay, but I'm not too interested in this C.G. version.

Accel World ----- I've read some of the manga and thought it was fairly decent. I'll be watching it. I'd like to see how he manages to get by.

Upotte! ----- I've read and skimmed the manga and thought it was fair/so-so. If the episodes are short it should be easy for me to watch. I'd like to see some of the other anthropomorphic girl firearms.

Kuroko no Basket ----- I never felt like reading this basketball manga.

Mysterious Girlfriend X ----- I started reading this manga a long time ago, but it didn't interest me much. She is just too weird for me and I wasn't into the humor.

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia ----- I've read and enjoyed this manga. I look forward to seeing Yuuko animated. I hope they picked the appropriate seiyuu to voice her.

Saki Achiga-hen ----- More Saki mahjong. Guess I'll watch this for the heck of it.

Fate Zero Part 2 ----- I'm definitely watching this. I suppose I can finally watch the last episode from the first season now.

Sankarea ----- I've liked the start of the manga, but grew less interested in it as it went along. Hopefully I'll like the anime more. That description for Sankarea doesn't sound accurate.

Kore wa Zombie 2nd season ----- I'll be watching this since I sort of liked the first season.

Shining Hearts Shiawase ----- I'll be watching this even though I don't know much about it other than the name.

Queen's Blade Rebellion ----- I'll watch this.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san ----- Can't say I liked the first two series much, but the episodes will probably be short so it'll be easy for me to watch before growing tired of it.

Kimi no Iro Machi ----- I liked the manga until it started getting all stretched out and turning into a frustrating NTR soap opera making me dislike the characters. But the OVA is only two episodes long so it'll probably only be before it got frustrating. I'll check it out.

Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-hen ----- Not sure what they'll do in only two episodes, but I'll try to watch it anyway.

I'll try to check out some of the others, but I'm less certain how much I'm going to like them. Mainly I'm interested in seeing:

1. Fate Zero S2
2. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
3. Accel World
4. Shining Hearts Shiawase
5. Sankarea
6. Kore wa Zombie 2nd season
7. Kimi no Iro Machi
8. Queen's Blade Rebellion
9. Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-hen

What are you guys most looking forward to seeing? :)
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Re: Spring 2012 Anime Season

Post by Yupa »

I don't read many manga, so most of it is totally new to me. Therefore I can only say I'll definately watch:
Eureka Seven Ao
Fate/Zero 2
Maybe I'll watch Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Of The Dead, but I definately won't watch Kimi to Boku 2, Phi Brain 2, CardFight! Vanguard 2 and any other sequels that I missed.

Now, based on the very short descriptions I read here, I place my bets on:
Ozuma
Fishigi no Umi no Nadia
Zetman
Hyou-ka
Sankarea
Tasogara Otome X Amnesia
Upotte!!
Uchuu Kyoudai
Accel World
Train Hero
Tsuritama
Shining Hearts
Saki: Achiga-hen episode of Side-A

But I'm sure I missed some that I end up watching and some of the above will probably be dropped after the first episode.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yupa wrote:Now, based on the very short descriptions I read here, I place my bets on:
Okay....that's a better description of Sankarea than the description in my link. :)

I wonder if he's done a March list by now.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I liked the Uchuu Kyoudai manga, so I'll probably turn in for that series. Same thing with the Rock Lee series. Might turn in for Shirokuma Cafe as I'd actually like to see how they plan to carry something like that for 13 episodes. Kuroko no Basket could be interesting. And the fujoshi in me will make watching Hiiro no Kakera a priority - looks like pretty, meaningless fluff.

I'm also looking forward to the Prince of Tennis & Kobato SPs.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Definitely are interested in:
Fate Zero 2 and extra
Hiiro no Kakera - saw the first episode, definite eyecandy
Zetman
Kenshin
Sacred 7 extra
Another extra
Prince of Tennis extra

Probably will watch:
Phi Brain 2
Kimi to Boku 2
Kuroko no Basket - haven't watched a basketball anime
Hyouka
Ozuma
Saint Seiya Omega
Tasogere Otome X Amnesia

Maybe will watch:
Tsuritama
Sakamichi no Apollon
Eureka Seven

It's a pretty long list, some may drop fast.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

looks like a good selection this time. I'm interested in checking out Zetman, medaka box, Tasogare otome X amnesia, eureka seven, jormungand, shining hearts and fate/zero part 2.

I remember eureka 7 took more than half of series to get good, hope this one is faster pace.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Random Curiosity finally has their season preview up:

http://randomc.net/2012/03/29/spring-2012-preview/
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The third promo for Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is out:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... d-streamed

Yuuko's voice sounds higher than how I pictured her in my mind's eye. I thought she would sound lower and sexier, but I'll get used to it in he long run I suppose. Teiichi sounds kind of geeky, but that doesn't surprise me because of his personality and because he's young.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Kenichi OVA - The anime was cute. I was hoping for more. :)
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Ozuma / Ozma
Sci-fi
First few episodes looked pretty cool. I liked the setting, character designs and the background art. The story about a crew on a ship who protect a mysterious girl from the military isn't very original though. It's only 6 episodes.

Uchuu Kyoudai / Space Brothers
Space / Slice-of-life
Oh wow, this totally surprised me. Definately among my favorites this season.
The story is about two brothers, Hibito and Mutta. Hibito, the littler brother, had been blessed with good luck since the day he was born. Mutta, the elder, had always had bad luck. One day, looking up at the night sky, the two brothers saw a UFO. This experience made them both promise to become astronauts.
In the year 2025, Hibito has kept his promise and is an astronaut who is part of the first wave of people to live for an extended period of time on the moon. Meanwhile, his older brother Mutta has been fired from his job and is unemployed, but a message from his brother makes him decide to start being an astronaut again.

This first episode was a perfect begin of a slice-of-life series. Mutta reminded me a lot of Kotetsu from Tiger & Bunny. He acts a bit silly at times, but you care for him right away. Great OP by the way.
I feel so fortunate for having two space anime this season, though I'm a bit behind on Mouretsu Pirates.

Hiiro no Kakera / Scarlet Fragment
Supernatural / Reverse harem
Brave 10 meets Natsume Yuujinchou. Clumsy transfer student girl is attacked by monsters (very ugly CG) in the forest and is rescued by a rude guy. She finds out her family fights these monsters and that makes her the princess. She gets four male servants, the rude guy who saved her is one of them.

This is a very average show, nothing really interested me. I wouldn't recommend this.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

After one week this is what I watched:

Very good:
Accel World
Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
Uchuu Kyoudai

Good:
Shirokuma Cafe
Ozuma

Average:
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Of the Dead
Kuro Majo-san ga Tooru!!
Sankarea
Zetman

Still in doubt:
Natsuiro Kiseki

Dropped:
Acchi Kocchi
Furusato Saisei: Nihon no Mukashi Banashi
Gakkutsu
Hiiro no Kakera
Medaka Box
Saint Seiya Omega
Sengoku Collection
Shiba Inuko-san
Yurumates 3D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Since I'm no longer searching for artwork, my desire to watch at least 1-2 episodes of many new shows as soon as possible has naturally decreased. :)

So far I'm at this point:

I'm enjoying:

Accel World ----- turned out about as good as I expected. I'm eager to see what happens after the part I read of the manga. Sachika Misawa is a newer seiyuu, but she's doing a pretty good job.

Sankarea ----- this turned out better than I expected. The artwork looked great in the first episode, but it remains to be seen how I'll feel about it when the later events occur.

I like:

Kore wa Zombie S2 ----- about as expected
Zetman ----- they crammed the first twelve chapters into one episode, but I liked it more than I thought I would.

I'm not too excited about:

Sengoku Collection ----- I thought this was way too similar to the main plot of Sengoku Otome, but I didn't dislike it per se.

I didn't care for and dropped:

Acchi Kocchi ----- I usually can't get into the swing of 4-panel gag manga and unfortunately this was no exception
Shibainuko-san ----- not into this either. There seems to be a lot of animal anime this season. :D

Not really my kind of show, but maybe I'll watch it some day (weeks, months or years from now):

Folktales From Japan
Hiiro no Kakera
Ozuma
Space Brothers

Have not started yet, but would like to at some point:

Gakkatsu ----- I probably won't like this, but we'll see
Kuromajo ----- I think this is aimed more at a younger demographic
Lupin III: Fujiko
Polar Bear Cafe ----- I doubt I'll like this
Queen's Blade Rebellion TV
Recorder S2

Not really interested in watching them, but still following news about possible plots of the series:

Medaka Box ----- they really changed the beginning of the anime compared to how the manga started, but that's not surprising. If they went with the same plot development as the manga, there would be a sudden genre shift. I've already gotten burned by the manga so I'm not really interested in going through that all over again with the same characters.

Natsuiro Kisei
Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future

Waiting to see them when they come out today (or tomorrow):

Fate Zero S2
Upotte
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia episode 1:

They changed the beginning of the story. It's too bad because I prefer the manga version of the beginning. They've already spoiled one plot point because they wanted to show four of the characters in the first episode. It also gives the impression of the story being different than how it's really like. It looks like the anime is not going to show the story's true ending either because they already changed something fundamental. It's too bad. I was hoping they were going to be able to show the true ending. Now we know the anime is going to have a made up ending. I usually don't like made up endings. :(
The first part was very funny to me because I could already tell what was going on. Unfortunately they had to go and replay the same scenes over again, but only this time being able to see and hear what Yuuko was doing and saying. The replay was kind of boring because it really didn't add anything for me. I don't recall this part even being in the manga. It might have been inspired by manga events, but I don't remember the whole thing.

At least the first time through it felt like a good omake to the series.

The plot point that was already spoiled was that initally the other girl (Kirie) acted like she couldn't see Yuuko and later we find out that she could. Well...they've already given that part away. The first episode gives the impression that there will be more comedy in the series than there will too (though there were a number of comedic parts in the manga).

Yuuko was a bit more ecchi than she would have been at this point and in this situation too.
At least the artwork looked pretty good. Hope the rest of the anime will be a little more faithful to the manga.
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

For I am not a big anime watcher, and that I only look for animes of mangas I already know, I am only interested in:

- Sankarea
- Kimi no Iru Machi OAV

Read by chance a few chapters of Mysterious Girlfriend X a few days ago, but it was definitely weird. So I don't think I will pick this one X|.
GuyvarIII
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by GuyvarIII »

Finally, some badass Anime tokusatsu monsters. :evil:
I'm liking Zetman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTqww3yzPTU). I thought it was pretty cool how the whole back-story, introduction of the major characters, and scenario, were all given in the first episode … still leaving time for an awesome fight and a heartwarming ending. Jin’s father figure is dead, his friendship is being torn apart by social class divisions, plus he’s got 13 monsters and an evil Japanese company after him. The second episode didn’t move as fast, but I really enjoyed the visual Wanpaku Tanteidan reference (compare Kouga’s team with this 1968 version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woxpt3YKC2A).

Also, I’m really enjoying Ozuma (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuwM9O35vk). Its look is very Leiji Matsumoto ‘70s retro, and the “superior” society using its less advanced neighbors as replacement bodies to prolong their “more important” lives plot device is sci-fi awesome.