Spring 2012 Anime Season

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Spring 2012 Anime Season

Post by Keropi »

It's good they have some older school anime series this time. I like the Lupin III series so far. It's got an interesting grainy animation style.

I watched eight and a half minutes of the second episode of Sengoku Collection, but I was unable to continue. I had to stop. :bwall

For some odd reason I ended up liking the first episode of the recent Haiyore Nyaruko TV series, but I'm not expecting anyone else I know to watch or enjoy it. I'm waiting for the fire girl to debut because she had some of the funniest scenes in the earlier flash TV series. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Fate Zero ep 14:
Watching Archer flying around so casually reminded me of those guys driving those motorized recliner chairs. :D
There's only Inuzuma Eleven Go 2, Hyouka and AKB0048 left to come out and then the complete anime season will have been released.

It feels like such a long wait for the third episode of Accel World to come out. :(
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

its weird all this week there wasn't any ep updating at all, does anyone know whats going on?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

What do you mean? Where? ?^_^?
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

I have finally watched the first two episodes of Sankarea. They follow quite faithfully the manga, but I am waiting for some more episodes to judge about the anime's quality.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:What do you mean? Where? ?^_^?
opps...I meant anime take, the site I always use..perhaps its just them or their subbers being lazy? so other site had updated new eps from new series this aired this week?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, all the places I know of have put up new episodes. A lot of shows are up to the second episode now.

Anime Take? I think I've heard someone mention that place before.

Hey look...a torrent/VPN news site.They have some interesting news information:

http://torrentfreak.com/
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

crap...so I'm behind on new season as well as some old season shows. although I've been enjoy quite a few slight older series recently such as guin saga, shiki and beelzebub. need to catch up soon..after my midterm lol

the website is definitely informative, although it looks like the fate of torrent doesn't look very bright. stupid bandwidth limit doesn't help either-_-"
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Well I hope you were able to watch something form this season by now.

Fate Zero 15 sure had a lot of action to it.
No more flying chair...I mean plane for Gilgamesh. I wonder where he even got that thing? Was it made out of gold? Lol :D
:topic

Madoka Magica minor spoiler text:
I was listening to the "In The End" Linkin Park song on the radio and was reminded of Homura in the Madoka anime once again. I thought I would see if I could find a Madoka anime video video using the song. I couldn't find any nine months ago. This one was is my favorite of the three that I saw. It has very nice editing and used more dramatic flashbacks than the other two videos I ran across. The song seemed a natural for the anime. I know Linkin Park has been done to death in AMVs, but I think the song fit very well for it given the storyline of the anime.
Needless to say the video has a LOT of MASSIVE SPOILERS for the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica anime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aPNIndoktc
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

As someone posted here, this week was "Goemon Week":

The same expressions used in Lupin III Fujiko ep3, Upotte ep3 and Haiyore Nyaruko ep3:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost4125088

:jump :rollin

Upotte ep 3:
She shot up a target during target practice
Haiyore Nyaruko ep 3:
A chain saw flew at and took out Nyaruko's alien, stalker brother
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Getting toward the half way point of the season (calendar-wise).

I like Zetman and Lupin more than I thought I would. Shining Hearts is a little too slow for me. I'm not much into Queen's Blade Rebellion. Moretsu Pirates has been less interesting to me since the crew switch. Haiyore Nyaruko is not as fun to me as when it first began.

Hyouka sometimes reminded me a little of the "Iris Zero" manga. :D

AKB0048 episode 2:
That scene at the end when the characters were by that large window and had the space battle going on in back of them reminded me of thaat Macross DYRL scene with Minmei and Hikaru. ^_^
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

That first half sure went by fast. I'm really loving this season, I'm still watching 18 shows!

My two favorites are Fate/Zero and Space Bros, I'm looking forward to them every week.

Next I have many shows that I like quite a lot, which are: Accel World, Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna, Sakamichi no Apollon, Sankarea, Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Zetman and Mouretsu Pirates from Winter season.

These few anime I find enjoyable to watch on a weekly basis: Eureka Seven AO, Haiyoru! Nyaruko-san, Hyouka, Jormungand, Kuro Majo-san ga Tooru!! and Tsuritama.

Then finally I get to the average anime that still have something worthwhile: Natsuiro Kiseki, Nazo no Kanojo X and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Of the Dead
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

My favorites from this season:

- Fate/Zero: Big fan since ages ago of the fate series :D
- Accel World: I really love this one and also the style of the writer of the light novel. Can't wait for his "Sword Art Online" to air.

After those 2 come:

- Sankarea: Well, it has a plot "different" from your usual "romance" series so it keeps being interesting but it's a little slow. But hey, if you're bored put a zombie in your life ^^
- Uchuu Kyoudai: I'm ussually very interested in space series (except those gundam things :P) so i'm enjoying this one.

And then:

- Akb0048: mmmm, for now it's being ok, but i have the feeling that it's going to be just another of those singing shows. If it becomes like that i'll probably just get the songs and drop it.
- Hyouka: Well, not bad for now, but i hope it's not all the series about this guy "resolving" those "puzzles" that nobody really cares of except some hyperactive girl.
- Nazo no Kanojo X: I should have dropped this series long ago but for some reason this "drool telephaty" thing keeps me hooked... who knows for how long....
- Shining Hearts: Started being promising but it has become slow and with non-conexing episodes. At this pace the series will end with nothing happening at all.
- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia: I keep reading many good things in this board about this series and about how good the manga is. Maybe the manga is but the series is probably not living up to it. I hope it becomes interesting soon.... or else.... :P

As for the rest i have already dropped them all or didn't ever consider wathing them :D
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Tasogare Otome X Amnesia indeed is a bit disappointing compared to the manga. Basically they cut out all the plot. Still, I think Silver Link does an amazing job in capturing the creepyness at times.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

It would have been nice if Tasogare were a longer series instead of a short one then they could have included more or some of the main plot, but I don't mind what we got so far. It's a lot better than nothing. The artwork is good and the voice acting is good. So far it's lacking most of the manga's drama and substance. Maybe they are just trying to make us care for the characters before becoming more serious near the end. Pretty obvious that the anime will end differently than the manga.

It seems like you are watching more anime than usual Yupa. :)

Darksuzaku you are completely the opposite of my friend. He has no problem at all with Tasogare while having a great deal of difficulty getting into Accel World.

It feels as if the bread in Shining Hearts is symbolic of love, affection, trust and friendship. I wonder if the characters will fight with their food later on? :D