Another-Episode 10

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Another-Episode 10

Post by Thanatos »

Well, I find that the last episodes of the anime are really the best. The story changes a little compared to the manga, but it is really, really good :).
And you, what do you think about ?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Another-Episode 10

Post by Keropi »

I've been enjoying it so far.

I've been avoiding all "Another" threads because I didn't even want to read speculations on what might happen next or who is what. The anime artwork has been pretty good quality too. I look forward to seeing the last two episodes.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

yup...getting so much better, I was at one point going to drop the show but at the time didn't like that many other shows so kept watching but it gets much better over half way and now its got that scary atomsphere to it acomplished, hope the end doesn't disappoint.
genomexec
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by genomexec »

Just caught up to ep 10.

Very creepy... I keep getting new theories and then throwing them out the window with each new twist!
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

I have just watched the episode 11.
Well, the episode is well made, but it is not an horror story anymore, but yes a massacre game. The students are all really going mad. Just two more episodes. Can't wait for them.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

another ep11 has turn into the bloody bath as it is I wonder what 12 is gonna be like I mean...isn't half the people from the fieldtrip already out cold? although as much as I like the plot, whats up with all those middle schoolers getting into groups killing each other off in order to survive? this, mirai nikki and the good old battle royal...its like once people get into high school they suddenly have to worry about their future in a more civil way, such as...oh I donno, say entry exam, love triangle or mecha bettles to alter the fate of the worlds destruction; in the end neets lifestyle awaits those who graduate!!

the other thing I noticed, all those students are so fragile like a bunch of dolls, their joints can all be bent so easily especially the one fall out the window of...second floor? and landed on all five-_-"
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wow...that was a crazy episode. I had a lot of fun watching it. :D
I liked that scene of that girl when she was sticking her head out of the window. 8O

Only one episode left.

It's probably best not to dig too deeply on what the OVA will be about because that kind of spoils how the TV series turns out. I shouldn't have looked.
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

Yesterday, I read the last but one chapter of Another. The only thing I can say is... shocking !!!
Now, I cannot wait for the last chapter and the end of the anime :).
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

Well, the last chapter was released yesterday, and the last episode today.
One thing that I can say is...
There are many differences between the end of the manga and the end of the anime. Just to say that in the manga there is not all those deaths.

So, for those who still have not read it... read the manga, it is very well made, and there are some interesting differences !

One thing interesting would be to have the novel to tell which one of the manga and the anime is the closest to the novel.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Without a doubt this has been by far my favorite series of this season.

Tried reading the manga after i watched each episode and while i noticed the diferences i still prefer the anime version (Have yet to read the last chapter from the manga).

All that i can say is

BIG SPOILER, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Maaaan, that was really cheating, i always thought the dead person had to be a student of the class and thus had suspected of Akazawa since nearly the beggining. I did suspect Reiko because of that bird they had on the house but discarded it right away considering the dead had to be a student. Poor Reiko, really, she did everything in her hands to stop the curse.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wow that was a pretty neat episode (12). I'm glad I avoided anything having to do with the series so everything came as a complete surprise to me. I usually never go to such lengths. Usually I at least get to see the header thumbnails in Random Curiosity blog before I get to see episodes.

Big Ending Spoilers:
Yeah I was thinking that it might have been Akazawa as well, but that seemed to be a red herring they were throwing out there. It made me think a lot at the end there. I'm going to have to watch this again to get all the points of it. There were just so many little things in there that added up.

So how many in the class actually got killed in the anime? I never was able to figure that part out.

Apparently the novel, manga and anime are all different from each other.
Question:
What was that part about where that girl said that she went to school with Misaki before and she had her eye? What did that mean?
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

Keropi wrote:Question:
What was that part about where that girl said that she went to school with Misaki before and she had her eye? What did that mean?
Well, as it is said, Misaki's mother had a sister, and both were twins. But his baby was dead before birth, when her sister gave birth to twins, Misaki and her sister. Misaki was then adopted by the sister of her real mother.
So, the girl went to school with Misaki's sister, who has not lost her eye, but maybe due to the curse, she mistook her for Misaki.
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Well, now that i have read the entire manga, i notice the differences that Thanatos mentioned. Arguably, most of the differences made in the anime i believe were done to give the series a better appealing for viewers. The series adds a few things and modifies another few. I can understand the "slight modification" of the ending of the series but the one in the manga was better, or at least more realistic.

For the people who only watched the anime (or only read the manga) i can try to list the "important" differences that i remember:

SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY
1- In the manga basically you only notice the main characters. The rest of the class is basically ignored. The anime on the other hand shows interaction with other classmates, arriving to the point of some of them dying (remember the girl that leaves yomiyama with her family and a rock hits the car? Thats a filler character added in the anime)

2- Akazawa Izumi (the countermeasures girl) is a very important main character in the anime, to the point that the anime gives us some "false" clues to make us believe she is the dead one. But she's not as important in the manga. To begin with, there's no countermeasures person in the manga. Akazawa does not go to the hospital to greet the main protagonist and they don't shake hands in any moment. She does not have that dream about remembering the main protagonist. Instead, her brother dies by suicide. In the anime it's obvious that she likes the main protagonist Kouichi, but in the manga she hastes him, as well as she hates Misaki too because she makes them responsibles of the death of the girl of the umbrella. Personally, I liked more the Akazawa version of the anime than the one in the manga.

3- Not that it's very important, but in my opinion Misaki's personality seems a bit more mature in the manga than in the anime, or maybe it's that they featured her a little childish in the anime, but i like both versions of her :D

4- The beach episode does not exist in the manga. In the anime the main cast and a few filler characters go to the beach (filler characters = the guy who dies at the end and the girl with glasses who is best friend of Akazawa (In the manga, Akazawa's best friend was Sakurai, the girl that dies with the umbrella and for that reason she hates misaki and Kouichi)). In the anime the reason to go to the beach is to learn about that guy Matsunaga who tells them about the tape, but in the manga the guy remembers about the tape when he's drunk in the bar, so they can go retrieve it right away.

5- When they go to search for the tape, in the anime Misaki goes with them, but in the manga she declines Kouichi's invitation to go with them. Instead of her, the class representative (the guy with glasses, Kazami i believe is his name,that in the manga has a more important role than in the anime) is the one to go. In the anime they start listening to the tape but they have to interrupt the listening at a cliffhanger spot and they damage the tape, so they can only listen to the whole thing when the tape is repaired during the school trip. In the manga, it's assumed that they listened to the tape, but it's not shown yet at that point. However, as Misaki is not with them she asks to listen to it and Kouichi shows her during the school trip. That's when the manga shows the tape's content.

6- Finally the school trip. The main difference here is that in the anime basically the entire class goes to the trip, but in the manga there's only a handful of students left because the rest of the class has left yomiyama, so they are the only ones to go. In the anime, with so many students still left they can exploit the massacre they did in the last 2 episodes. In the manga, with only a few people left there's no massacre. And here, what i didn't like at all in the anime is the part of the manager woman of the resort to become mad and start killing people. She supposedly kills her husband in the dinning room, sets it on fire and then starts hunting students. Pathetic. In the manga, the manager is not featured at all, and the fire starts because of some lightning.

I'm sure i'm forgetting something but it hink thats basically all the main differences.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Thanatos wrote:
Keropi wrote:Question:
Well, as it is said, Misaki's mother had a sister, and both were twins. But his baby was dead before birth, when her sister gave birth to twins, Misaki and her sister. Misaki was then adopted by the sister of her real mother.
So, the girl went to school with Misaki's sister, who has not lost her eye, but maybe due to the curse, she mistook her for Misaki.
This should clear up Keropi's question.
Thanatos is correct, Misaki's twin sister is the first death from the curse and is the one Misaki is bringing the doll for to the morgue in the hospital
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ending Spoilers:
Thanks for explaining the Misaki twins part. I had forgotten about that. The Reiko parts still confuse me because I don't remember too many of those scenes she was in. I'm going to have to rewatch it to understand it better. Thanks for explaining all those differences Darksuzaku. It's interesting. Yeah, I didn't like the manager going crazy either. Someone said that the reason Reiko came back was a combination of:

1. Reiko wanting to see Kouichi in person again because she hadn''t seen him since he was a baby (or not even as a baby I forget).

2. Kouichi really wanted to see Reiko.

3. Reiko's parents refused to accept she was gone.

I found a post about differences last night, but I can't find it now. I should have saved the link.

Someone made a poster of all the anime deaths. That's a lot of deaths:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost4075607

This episode 12 fire GIF makes me laugh: ^_^
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost4075727