Amazing Mickey Mouse Collection! "My Crazy Obsession"

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Amazing Mickey Mouse Collection! "My Crazy Obsession"

Post by star-phoenix »

Thought this was quite entertaining to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ieL8yah ... plpp_video

What are your thoughts on these obsessions, and do you think any of us would end up on a show like this one day?
rosesleep
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Amazing Mickey Mouse Collection! "My Crazy Obsession"

Post by rosesleep »

ROFL!!!!! I seriously love TLC! Strange has seriously evaluated to a whole other level xD

I "LOL" at the collector getting jealous of Minnie Mouse, she's like, "Shoo! He's mine!" :P
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

Aww, I wish I got to that video before it got deleted! :l I love discussions about toy collecting, it's my other big money-sinkhole hobby.

sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

To those who missed the video, here's another link :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIbVbmSwfHg

As much as I love cels/anime/manga etc. it's not to the point where I have trouble walking into a room, or I can't throw away/give away ANYTHING associated with them. Who knows, though? LOL. If I'm living alone someday I may have to fill the void somehow.
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

Thanks sugarcels for the link! :D

While my toy collection isn't nearly as huge, I can honestly really relate. Organizing is a bit of an art form, to put everything in just the right place and visible enough, and also utilizing every single inch of space as efficiently as possible. I also can't stand the idea of anyone but my long-time boyfriend (who is sadly long-distance) handling my pieces when I eventually move, mostly because there are several very fragile pieces that would be difficult if not impossible to replace. And while not fragile, the three largest pieces, the giant Raikou, Entei, and Suicune plush, are worth around $1500 each and would be near-impossible to replace. (Raikou alone took me ten years to find!) Here's the full display of everything, and each and every item is cataloged on three collection websites on my sui-kun.net domain.

I really enjoyed that video, and no matter what someone's toy passion is, it's just so infectious to me. I always love seeing toy collections!

star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

What I like about this collector is she organized her collection very well. Afterall, there is a very thin line between collecting and hoarding, and one big thing is organization. I remember someone telling me how they collected toys for so many years. When I entered their house, they literally had STUFF piled to the 10 ft ceiling, and you had to physically shove your way through the piles of toys and stuff in order to get into the kitchen. And apparently, that was the "good house" (they have 3 other houses, which I never seen before, and never want to see, EVER). They are what I called HOARDERS! It was seriously like that show on TV.