ToriPagac
Eiketsu - Mastermind

New sailor moon that is all

Post by ToriPagac »

Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Re: New sailor moon that is all

Post by Sui Kune »

I don't even have words. I thought I'd wake up today and it would just be a dream, but I guess not. XD

Is it wrong that one of the things I'm most excited about is the possibility of new production art?

majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

I didn't click the link but will this be an HD reboot like dragonball kai or an actual new series focused on the manga(is hoping for the later).
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I hope the new series follows the manga more closely. That would be cool. Plus, we'd get awesome outfits in the Stars season. :D
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

I'm pretty sure it will follow the manga, if it was exactly like the old series it would be a waste of time, animating the same exact thing. . . .

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ummer-2013
Some say that life is like a box of chocolates, I say life is like a box of cake.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I would like to see it updated. I'm fine if the anime stays faithful to the manga, but the manga is 20 years old. Technology-wise, a lot has changed in 20 years. Tokyo Tower is no longer the communications megahouse that it once was (everything has moved to Sky Tower). Everyone in Japan has cellphones and texts on them constantly, so Usagi using the same communicator device she used in the first and second seasons isn't going to work anymore. Computers are more common than they were in the 1990s. And then there's the issue of fashion. While the hairstyles are still viable, the casual clothing elements are not (Usagi with a purple jacket, green sweater and red shorts makes my eyes hurt). So these will need to be updated, especially if Toei is hoping to hook a new generation on it. If anything, I'd like the PGSM scenario to be used and updated.

In regards to production art, I'm not too optimistic seeing how there's not a lot of production artwork being released from other recent Toei productions. I don't see a lot of PreCure artwork, and you'd think with the amount of One Piece fans that there would be more than approximately 40 unique Luffy sketches on RS. I could see Toei possibly releasing some repro cels, but I'd expect that the only things, production art wise, are a lot of rough sketches. So while I'm hoping that I'm wrong, seeing the current trend, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

I'm curious to see how the new adaptatation will be handled. Ideally, i'd like to see a faithful adaptation of the manga in the form of a 50-ish episode TV series, but i would not be surprised if Toei decides on either a shorter series or a more liberal, kid-friendly adaptation. Regardless of the route Toei takes, i'll be sure to check it out once it hits Japanese TV (a whole year is going to be one hell of a painful wait!).
cutiebunny wrote:In regards to production art, I'm not too optimistic seeing how there's not a lot of production artwork being released from other recent Toei productions. I don't see a lot of PreCure artwork, and you'd think with the amount of One Piece fans that there would be more than approximately 40 unique Luffy sketches on RS. I could see Toei possibly releasing some repro cels, but I'd expect that the only things, production art wise, are a lot of rough sketches. So while I'm hoping that I'm wrong, seeing the current trend, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Judging from the "Inside Toei Animation" videos on ANN, Toei does indeed seem quite fond of producing their animation digitally, so i certainly wouldn't be surprised if the only thing to surface nowadays is a small amount of rough sketches. Apart from copy settei and storyboards, all of the Precure sketches i've seen on Yahoo Japan and Mandarake have been rough genga. I picked up a small set of very rough Heartcatch Precure sketches last year and I remember seeing a set of Suite Precure rough genga on Mandarake about 2 months ago, so some Toei stuff does turn up, though the quantity is small and the quality less than stellar.