Vegeta's speech to Goku, what's your fav' anime rivalry?

Topics on anime/other animation TV series, OVAs, specials, and movies
Strictly-Dragonball
Kishin - Fierce God

Vegeta's speech to Goku, what's your fav' anime rivalry?

Post by Strictly-Dragonball »

One of Vegeta's many epic moments throughout the series, there's something about this scene where you see Goku for once really at Vegeta's mercy when he slaps him around the face that's just really a big moment for him I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt15CgFY3K0

Soundtrack is cool as well. Goku & Vegeta is a classic anime rivalry, what's your fav' anime rivalry and why?

Mine is clearly Goku and Vegeta because it always brings out the best of not only their fighting strengths but also their characters. Vegeta was the first person to truly push Goku's body to breaking point and the original fight the two had was pretty much the basis for all DBZ fights that followed. When you watch the fight uncut you get a sense of how brutal it is and Goku is pratically dead at the end of it.

Vegeta's desire to surpass Goku in strenght drives him through the entire show but you see it turn from burning hatred to almost freindly competition by the end and it's ultimately Goku's pure heart that makes Vegeta change from a merciless killer to hero by the end. You add that to the fact they have amazing physical confrontations and you have a pretty epic rivalry by any standards.
HJ Hodgson

Me and my twin sister

'Love me when I least deserve it, for that is when I most need it'-Proverb
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Vegeta's speech to Goku, what's your fav' anime rivalry?

Post by Keropi »

Gee, I don't know. The anime I watch doesn't have as much of that going on.

But the two that come to my mind first are Light and L from "Death Note" and then Kou and Gato from "Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory". I loved the Jotaro and Dio Brando matchup from "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure", but I wouldn't call that a rivalry because that didn't go on for long enough.

Romantic animewise...Noe and Hiromi from "True Tears" was a good rivalry.

Ranma and Ryoga had a fun-to-watch rivalry going on. :D